|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Menolly told to report to?
(a) Journeyman Sebell.
(b) Master Jerint.
(c) Master Domick.
(d) Master Oldive.
2. What smell didn't fill the air when Menolly got up?
3. What kinds of sounds were indicative of workshop industry?
(a) The scrape of saw on wood.
(b) Toots and thumps.
(d) All of these.
4. What did Master Jerint do that Beauty liked?
(a) Scratched her headknob.
(b) Tapped her headknob.
(c) Stroked her wings.
(d) Stroked her headknob.
5. What scared the apprentice that ran into Menolly?
(c) Her host of fire lizards.
6. What was Master Shonagar mad at Piemur for?
(a) He had dawdled in his relation of the message to Menolly.
(b) Being lazy in conveying his message to Menolly.
(c) Not telling Menolly to leave the creatures behind.
(d) For taking too much time.
7. What did Menolly consider to get Dunca to leave her alone?
(a) Calling Beauty to her.
(b) Calling all her lizards to her.
(c) Asking to change locations.
(d) Telling the Masterharper about the way she was treated.
8. What did Menolly concentrate on when she was singing?
(a) Singing intensely not loudly.
(c) Singing loudly.
(d) Singing with heart.
9. What must Menolly create on her own?
(a) A gitar.
(b) A song.
(c) A harp.
(d) A guitar.
10. What did Master Jerint say in regard to fire lizards?
(a) "They are much more practical than dragons."
(b) "They are too stupid to live up to the tales of dragons."
(c) "They look like little dragons."
(d) "They are much more beautiful than dragons."
11. Why didn't Menolly consider licking the juice from her fingers from the redfruit?
(a) The girls were too stuffy and would stare.
(b) None of these.
(c) The girls would think ill of her.
(d) It was poor manners and the girls are obviously haughty.
12. What was Audiva's reaction to the situation?
(a) She smiled and winked at Menolly.
(b) She contorted her face into an expression of disapproval.
(c) She glared at Menolly.
(d) All of these.
13. What was Camo supposed to take care of?
(a) The meat.
(b) The cheese.
(c) The salad.
(d) Feeding the fire lizards.
14. What person is supposed to be looking after Menolly?
15. Which character has not shown Menolly kindness?
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Master Morshal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many more days did Silvina tell Dunca it was until the next Threadfall?
2. What did Menolly see in the Masterharper's face when it was unguarded and immobile?
3. How did the girls regard Menolly?
4. What word couldn't the young apprentice, Piemur, pronounce?
5. What is the problem of the girls?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)