|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the F'lar and Lessa's son?
2. What was the major social blunder that Menolly did?
(a) She got up before the boys did.
(b) She got up to leave with the journeymen and masters.
(c) All of these.
(d) She got up before the girls that outranked her.
3. What are the names of the green fire lizards?
(a) Beauty and Mimic.
(b) Auntie's One and Two.
(c) Lazybones and Uncle.
(d) Rocky and Diver.
4. How does Beauty smell?
5. Why did Menolly wince?
(a) Her scar had a dull throb.
(b) The salve she applied to her feet hurt.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
6. What did the fire lizards react to?
(a) Menolly's thoughts.
(b) All of these.
(c) Menolly's emotions.
(d) Menolly and other peoples' conversation.
7. Who was the girl who had become outranked by Menolly's presence?
8. What marked the girls' table?
(a) The inclusion of cutlery.
(b) Cushions on the wood.
(c) The inclusion of fruit.
(d) The table cloth.
9. What was Camo supposed to take care of?
(a) The cheese.
(b) Feeding the fire lizards.
(c) The meat.
(d) The salad.
10. What did Menolly see in the Masterharper's face when it was unguarded and immobile?
(a) Strain and concern.
(b) Worry and sorrow.
(c) Sorrow and concern.
(d) Strains and worry.
11. What did Beauty alert Menolly to?
(a) The fact that she was lonely and needed love.
(b) That she wanted to sing.
(c) That Menolly had rolled over on her.
(d) The fact that there were other fire lizards outside.
12. What did Menolly concentrate on when she was singing?
(a) Singing with heart.
(c) Singing intensely not loudly.
(d) Singing loudly.
13. What entranced Camo?
(a) The fire lizard, Beauty.
(b) All of Menolly's fire lizards.
(c) The sparkly 'necklace' on Menolly.
(d) Beauty's eyes.
14. What did Master Oldive give to Menolly?
(a) A list of instructions.
(b) A pot of mild numbweed salve.
(c) A command to stay off her feet as much as possible.
(d) All of these.
15. What did Albuna say that she would let Camo do?
(a) Feed the fire lizards.
(b) Drudgery his entire life.
(c) Accompany Menolly to class.
(d) Stay later in the dining hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Master finally realized that Menolly's fire lizards reacted to her emotion?
2. What did Piemur's foster mother always tell him?
3. What did Menolly suddenly really want to do?
4. What did Camo walk into because he was staring at the fire lizards?
5. What word couldn't the young apprentice, Piemur, pronounce?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)