|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Silvina called Menolly considerate?
(a) She was feeding her fire lizards before she considered feeding herself.
(b) She was polite and kind, not wanting to be a bother.
(c) None of these, she didn't call Menolly considerate.
(d) She'd told her fire lizards to wait outside.
2. What kinds of sounds were indicative of workshop industry?
(a) All of these.
(c) The scrape of saw on wood.
(d) Toots and thumps.
3. What sound startled the people and caused a hush to fall on the throng of people?
(a) The slam of the door behind Menolly.
(b) The shout from Silvina.
(c) Beauty's shriek.
(d) The request of Master Jerint.
4. What did the fire lizards react to?
(a) All of these.
(b) Menolly and other peoples' conversation.
(c) Menolly's emotions.
(d) Menolly's thoughts.
5. What did Master Shonagar find interesting regarding what Petiron had taught her?
(a) That he had used the Master's own words.
(b) That he had taught Menolly to sing.
(c) None of these.
(d) That Menolly could sing at all.
6. What word couldn't the young apprentice, Piemur, pronounce?
7. What phrase had made Menolly mad regarding what Master Morshal had said?
(a) That it was not a woman's place to be a harper and she proved it.
(b) That she dared believe that a woman could be a musician and songwriter.
(c) That women were incapable of anything past cooking and cleaning.
(d) That she 'presumed' to be a harper and pretended to compose music.
8. What was strange for Menolly not to smell?
(a) The fish.
(b) Waterlogged wood.
(c) The sea.
9. Which fire lizard's voice soared above the male apprentices?
(c) Aunty One.
(d) Aunty Two.
10. What is the name of the F'lar and Lessa's son?
11. What did the Masterharper want Menolly to do?
(a) Check on the fire lizard eggs.
(b) Report more often on time to her classes.
(c) Leave the harper hall.
(d) Get along with the other girls.
12. What marked the girls' table?
(a) The table cloth.
(b) The inclusion of cutlery.
(c) Cushions on the wood.
(d) The inclusion of fruit.
13. What was Master Shonagar mad at Piemur for?
(a) For taking too much time.
(b) Being lazy in conveying his message to Menolly.
(c) He had dawdled in his relation of the message to Menolly.
(d) Not telling Menolly to leave the creatures behind.
14. What did Menolly have to get from inside the cot?
(a) Her gitar.
(b) None of these.
(c) Her pipes.
(d) Her notebooks.
15. Who had been trying to re-impress?
Short Answer Questions
1. How were girls treated at the Harper Hall?
2. What is Menolly to bring to Master Jerint?
3. How did the girls regard Menolly?
4. What did Sebell want from Menolly?
5. What smell didn't fill the air when Menolly got up?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)