• Menolly, the main character, is introduced in the first few chapters, and is a quiet, unassuming girl who had been living on her own for some time.
• Previously, Menolly had run away from her Hold because she wasn't allowed to create music, and it was such a big part of her.
• Menolly had written songs and gained the attention of Petiron's son(Menolly's previous master), the Masterharper of Pern, also known as Robinton.
• Menolly had been brought to the Harper's Craft Hall, a place where she will be trained to be a Master Harper and revolutionize the people of Pern.
• Menolly, not used to being the center of attention, finds herself the subject of a vast amount of attention from her peers, as the harpers had been searching for Petiron's lost apprentice.
• When Menolly sings with her fire lizards, she finds herself even more the center...
This section contains 2,803 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)