|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the last time Raistlin had come across one of these?
2. What had happened when Tika kissed Caramon?
3. What is the most important thing, Tas realizes?
4. Which person is suspected of being a traitor?
5. What happened when the draconians of the caravan were killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Book one, chapter seven, what was interesting to note about the Kender's regard of the Clerics? Why did this give Caramon and Tanis pause for thought? How was the Kender's caution warranted? What made these particular clerics shady, and who was the first to notice? Where had these clerics been noticed before?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss three central themes for this novel. What made you consider these themes specifically, and what brought them to your attention? Explain why these are the core themes throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the epic nature of this story. What makes it an epic and what characteristics are distinctly epic in nature? Was this the intent of the author? Why or why not? Offer proof from the story.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)