|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the bosses come down to the gully dwarf city, according to the one Raistlin befriended?
2. What did Flint lose in the swamp?
3. What had Goldmoon wondered when she had looked in the back of the cart?
4. What was the name of the lake they were heading towards?
5. What did Raistlin wish upon Bupu?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does everyone feel following the disappearance of the draconian?
2. Why wouldn't Riverwind wear the dress?
3. What was Tanis' history?
4. What was so special about the Plainsman's counting of Tanis as a friend?
5. What was different about Qualinest?
6. Why did people go to the Inn in the evenings?
7. How had Raistlin changed?
8. Why were elves so slender?
9. How had Sturm perceived the Plainsman's offer of help to watch?
10. Why was what Glinthanas said to Tanis cruel and unfeeling?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationships between each of the characters. Which characters maintain the strongest bonds, and why do you think that is? How does the allusion to previous adventures the group had shared provide a timeline and a basis of trust for the characters in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Flint's fear of water. How did he manage to overcome that fear and what made it possible to do so? Had he truly overcome his fear, or just managed to put it to the back of his mind for the time being? How does the reader know this?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Tanis' dilemma between Laurana and Kitiara. Which of the two women should he choose and why? Explain what the purpose of letting Laurana down was for Tanis, and discuss what would be likely to happen if he didn't.
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)