|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the living voice belong to?
2. What did Raistlin acquire aside from the power?
3. What did the kender end up sharing with the dwarf?
4. What had Tas fallen into?
5. How old was Flint Fireforge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wouldn't Kitiara come?
2. Describe Laurana, the elfmaiden.
3. Why was it strange to see a Knight in full armor at the Inn?
4. What had made Goldmoon's act not one of a woman in hysterics?
5. What had Riverwind's grandfather done that had made his relationship with Goldmoon even more difficult?
6. How had the gully dwarfs avoided being killed, instead getting enslaved?
7. Which person is the least trusted in the party of the companions at this point?
8. What did Tanis say to Riverwind that made him angry?
9. What had Tasslehoff been giggling about?
10. Why were elves so slender?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although kenders are considered annoying, the group of companions relies on the whimsical nature of Tas to pull them through the darker times of the story. Discuss the Love to hate relationship of each of the group members in regards to Tas, and how they each reacted to the knowledge that Tas might be dead and gone.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationships between each of the characters. Which characters maintain the strongest bonds, and why do you think that is? How does the allusion to previous adventures the group had shared provide a timeline and a basis of trust for the characters in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Tanis' origins in the novel. How did he come about in an unconventional manner, and how did it affect the relationship with the people he was raised with? In what regard does this put an interesting dynamic on Laurana and Tanis' relationship? Explain.
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)