|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was around the neck?
2. Who could use the staff?
3. What did the tangleshoot need to survive?
4. What caused Goldmoon's people to reject her?
5. What did Flint say that made Raistlin glare at him with malevolence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Speaker claim the necklace Goldmoon wore was blasphemy and attempt to tear it from her neck?
2. What had happened to Tanis?
3. What did Tika begin to think about when she was watching Goldmoon and Riverwind's marriage?
4. Why did Eben betray his companions?
5. Why did the Speaker take in the child born of rape, Tanis?
6. In what ways was it obvious Matafleur, or Flamestrike, was a dragon past her prime?
7. What was so special about the Plainsman's counting of Tanis as a friend?
8. What reasons did Laurana give Tanis for having returned to Qualinost?
9. Why did Goldmoon feel that what the elves were doing regarding the hostages was cruel?
10. Why won't the group split up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although kenders are considered annoying, the group of companions relies on the whimsical nature of Tas to pull them through the darker times of the story. Discuss the Love to hate relationship of each of the group members in regards to Tas, and how they each reacted to the knowledge that Tas might be dead and gone.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the comment from Tanis that Kith-Kanan actually passed him the sword. Why do you think this wasn't explored by the characters in the novel? Would you have investigated the situation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why had the Solamnic Knights been so heartily reviled? What had they done to earn the contempt of the people? Was this a fault of theirs? Why or why not? Was it fair of the people to rebuke them so harshly? What had this done to Sturm's resolve? What did he want to do more than anything else, and why?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)