|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Flint afraid of boats?
2. How had Tas perceived Tanis to be?
3. What kind of people does Tas have leave to pilfer?
4. What had Tas fallen into?
5. In which town had the Seekers been preaching?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the banquet held for Goldmoon's mother close to blasphemous?
2. What was interesting to note about the Tas' perception of the clerics?
3. Why were elves so slender?
4. Why was what Glinthanas said to Tanis cruel and unfeeling?
5. Describe Laurana, the elfmaiden.
6. What might the Kender do to cause trouble?
7. How had Sturm perceived the Plainsman's offer of help to watch?
8. What was different about Qualinest?
9. What was Tanis' history?
10. What are the differences between goblins and draconians?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationships between each of the characters. Which characters maintain the strongest bonds, and why do you think that is? How does the allusion to previous adventures the group had shared provide a timeline and a basis of trust for the characters in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Hederick is revealed as a false prophet to the people of Solace. What spoils his reputation for good? Why do you think that Verminaard chose to imprison Hederick and make him work in the mines instead of letting him subvert the populace and convert them? Explain your answer thoroughly in at least three major arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the groups break out from the cages bound for Pax Tharkas. What situations conspired with them to make their break out possible? How would it have been impossible otherwise, and why? Do you think they could have made it out in another way, and if so, under what circumstances?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)