|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kylara demand when she sees fire lizards in the wyre?
2. Why does Jaxom think some of the walls they run by are ancient?
3. What are F'nor and Canth looking for around various holds?
4. What kind of cabinets do they find in the room where Jaxom is that Fandarel likes?
5. Where does F'lar take some of the southern grubs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does F'nor think about Brekke and why?
2. Why is F'nor and Canth sleepy?
3. Where and how does Felessan take Jaxom when Jaxom visits Benden Weyr?
4. What does Ramoth hear at the beginning of Chapter 3 and what does she do?
5. When the eggs begin to hatch what does Kylara tell Meron and his men?
6. What are the types of communication devices discussed to warn of erratic thread fall?
7. What does F'nor think of Brekke's dragon's upcoming mating flight and how does she feel?
8. What does F'lar find when he visits the Smithcrafthall?
9. What does Brekke think about women and fighting dragons?
10. What does Mnementh do before they go home and what happens when F'lar and Mnementh go home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the end the meeting concludes that Terry and F'nor are the causes of a "disgraceful public brawl."
1. Do you think this was a fair conclusion? Why or why not?
2. Describe a situation in which you or someone you know was falsely accused of doing something wrong.
3. What do you think F'nor and Terry should do about being named a public nuisance? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Kylara recalls her mother being used sexually and cast aside by Lord Telgar and reflects on being saved from such a fate by a Search and being matched with Prideth. They love one another completely.
1. Why do you think the relationship between Prideth and Kylara is so important to Kylara in view of her childhood?
2. Discuss the ways in which you think Kylara's personality was formed by what happened to her mother and her.
3. Do you think someone can change themselves if she/he has been affected badly as a child? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
N'ton talks of his faith in the order of the universe and believes there are gaps in the knowledge handed down.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement. Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Do you see any order in life in modern America, either in human populations or in nature? Why or why not?
3. Do you think our scientist understand all the "laws" of the universe? Why or why not?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)