|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes F'lar's side during the meeting?
2. How does Kylara view being a queen's rider?
(a) as a source of irritation
(b) as demanding
(c) as boring
(d) as a source of power
3. What does Jaxom find when he and Felessan are wandering the caves?
(a) an underground river
(b) fire lizard's eggs
(c) a crack in the wall and a square plate
(d) a hidden entrance to Felessan's room
4. What do Brekke and F'nor find at the beach?
(a) newly-hatched fire lizards
(b) a rare seashell
(c) a dragon egg
(d) thread that has burrowed
5. What does tradition say about who mates with a queen?
(a) only male dragons bigger than a queen mate
(b) only bronze dragons do
(c) queens mate only with blue dragons
(d) only green males mate with a queen
Short Answer Questions
1. In what weyr does Kylara live?
2. Why is F'nor worried about Kylara being gone with Prideth?
3. What instrument do they find at which they all look?
4. How are Meron's men reacting to the hatching lizards?
5. Why does F'lar say they should be grateful to the Oldtimers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is F'nor and Canth sleepy?
2. What does F'lar say they must do in order for Pern to survive?
3. How does T'ron steer the meeting and what is finally settled?
4. What do the adults who find Jaxom and Felessan find and see when they go in the room where the boys are found?
5. How do Kylara and Prideth feel about T'bor?
6. When the eggs begin to hatch what does Kylara tell Meron and his men?
7. Where is F'lar going at the beginning of Chapter 2, and why? Why does he have to travel so far?
8. How does Kylara impress a queen fire lizard?
9. What are some of the changes F'lar has implemented about dragons?
10. Where and how does Felessan take Jaxom when Jaxom visits Benden Weyr?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)