|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does F'lar think is the difference between Oldtimers' dragons and modern ones?
(a) the modern dragons throw more fire
(b) his are stronger and more intelligent
(c) his talk more
(d) Oldtimers' dragons are better trained
2. How do dragons get matched with their human companions?
(a) impressed at hatching
(b) the dragon's mother chooses the human
(c) assigned by the dragon master
(d) the human talks the dragon into it
3. What did Robinton decide was useless against those who did not follow the rules?
(a) putting them in jail
(c) bringing them up on charges
(d) taking away their land
4. What does F'lar consider the most important point of the meeting?
(a) getting the gold T'ron owes him
(b) getting some new dragon riders
(c) having D'ram punished
(d) violation of fundamental rules
5. Who are the only ones who can touch dragon eggs?
(a) the queen dragon's rider
(b) any dragon rider
(c) the queen dragon
Short Answer Questions
1. What does F'lar do about dragon breeding that the oldtimers don't like?
2. What instrument do they find at which they all look?
3. Why do some Ruathans hate F'lar and Lessa?
4. What covers the great black wall in the Smithcrafthall?
5. What kind of dragon does Lord Asgenar have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does F'nor impress a fire lizard?
2. How is F'nor stabbed?
3. How does Kylara react to people in the Southern Wyre impressing fire lizards?
4. Where is F'lar going at the beginning of Chapter 2, and why? Why does he have to travel so far?
5. What are two fundamental rules concerning dragons that bear on the situation with F'nor?
6. What is Lord Groghe having his people do and why? What is he ignoring by doing this but what obligation does he fulfill?
7. What does Robinton think about composing a song about dragons. How are dragons and humans matched and what can dragons do that's so special?
8. What do the adults who find Jaxom and Felessan find and see when they go in the room where the boys are found?
9. What does F'lar say they must do in order for Pern to survive?
10. What does F'lar find when he visits the Smithcrafthall?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)