|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Terry feel bad?
(a) not being smarter
(b) F'nor's wound
(c) not being a dragon rider
(d) not marrying Lessa
2. Who is coming to see F'lar and Lessa at the end of Chapter 3?
(c) F'nor and Tyrol
(d) Fandarel and Robinton
3. What aggravates F'lar's facial wounds as he returns home?
(a) the sun on it
(b) the cold of between
(c) the salty fog
(d) the driving rain
4. What does Kylara demand when she sees fire lizards in the wyre?
(a) that they be put outside
(b) that she be shown where to find them
(c) that Brekke get rid of hers
(d) a queen for her
5. Who does Fandarel suggest talking to about fire lizards?
(a) the Masterherder
6. What does F'lar and Lessa suggest the world needs to do about the weyrs?
(a) old and new must come together
(b) weyrs must stay separate from holds
(c) all people must live in the weyrs
(d) the old and new must separate
7. Who is missing when unexpected thread falls on Southern Weyr when F'lar is visiting?
8. Why do some Ruathans hate F'lar and Lessa?
(a) Lord Jaxom being named hold Lord
(b) Lessa's father took over the hold
(c) F'lar stepped into hold Lordship
(d) Lessa's foster daughter ran away
9. What does Kylara tell Meron's men to do with the lizards
(a) take them outside
(b) put a net around them
(c) feed them until they go to sleep
(d) sing to them
10. What kind of help with communication does Robinton offer?
(b) traveling bards
(d) signal flares
11. What do the dragons need to eat in order to spew flames?
(b) lava rock
12. What does F'lar plan to demonstrate at the Telgar wedding?
(a) how dragons can fly better in formation
(b) the way fire lizards go between
(c) the telescope
(d) the distance writer
13. What is Jaxom's position on Pern?
(a) Lord of Ruatha Hold
(b) a mason of the Souther Weyr
(c) an apprentice bard
(d) a dragon rider of Ruatha
14. Why does Kylara leave Meron's men with the newly-hatched lizards?
(a) she got in a fight with Meron
(b) the healing hall needed her
(c) she was bored trying to teach them
(d) she needed to find more food
15. What covers the great black wall in the Smithcrafthall?
(c) papers and tools
(d) numbers and diagrams
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there no cook at the Smithcrafthall?
2. What does F'lar consider the most important point of the meeting?
3. Why is F'nor stabbed with a knife?
4. What does F'lar do about dragon breeding that the oldtimers don't like?
5. Why is F'nor worried about Kylara being gone with Prideth?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)