|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could happen to a dragon if his/her rider is injured or killed?
(a) would go to the ocean and drown
(b) might attack another dragon
(c) would fly away and never come back
(d) could go berserk or kill themselves
2. Who objects to an open flight for Prideth?
(a) Canth and F'nor
(b) Wynmneth and N'ton
(c) T'bor and Orth
(d) Prideth and Kylara
3. What is Jaxom's position on Pern?
(a) an apprentice bard
(b) a mason of the Souther Weyr
(c) a dragon rider of Ruatha
(d) Lord of Ruatha Hold
4. Who does Fandarel suggest talking to about fire lizards?
(d) the Masterherder
5. What does F'lar and Lessa suggest the world needs to do about the weyrs?
(a) old and new must come together
(b) all people must live in the weyrs
(c) the old and new must separate
(d) weyrs must stay separate from holds
6. Where do Felessan and Jaxom go when they run off?
(a) to find fire lizard klutches
(b) to get something to drink
(c) to see Felessan's living quarters
(d) to see dragon eggs
7. Why is it difficult to catch a fire lizard?
(a) they can go between
(b) they can become invisible
(c) they are too fast
(d) they bite viciously
8. What does Jaxom find when he and Felessan are wandering the caves?
(a) an underground river
(b) fire lizard's eggs
(c) a hidden entrance to Felessan's room
(d) a crack in the wall and a square plate
9. What is a remedy for thread burn?
(a) juju sap
(b) salt water
(d) aloe vera
10. What does F'lar do about dragon breeding that the oldtimers don't like?
(a) destroying small eggs
(b) breeding for larger clutches
(c) not opening mating flights
(d) not breeding but once a year
11. What does F'lar plan to demonstrate at the Telgar wedding?
(a) how dragons can fly better in formation
(b) the distance writer
(c) the telescope
(d) the way fire lizards go between
12. What does F'nor want Mirrim to do?
(a) marry him
(b) cook better food
(c) impress more fire lizards
(d) impress a fighting dragon
13. How does Prideth feel about the fate of the clutch of lizards Kylara gave Meron?
14. Who is Kylara' s elderly servant?
15. What color of dragon is sent to take Jaxom to Benden Weyr?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the parents of Brekke's dragon?
2. Where does F'lar take some of the southern grubs?
3. In what weyr does Kylara live?
4. In the end what do the members of the meeting decide?
5. Why is there no cook at the Smithcrafthall?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)