|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who proposes marriage to Lucy?
2. What does Van Helsing ask from Seward after Lucy's death?
3. Where does Lucy live when Mina goes to visit her?
4. When Holmwood looks at Lucy after she dies, what does he notice?
5. In what year was "Dracula" written?
Short Essay Questions
1. What major physical changes does Lucy go through right before her death?
2. Between Lucy and Mina, which woman is considered to be more beautiful?
3. What does Van Helsing hint to Seward that Lucy's troubles aren't over even after she dies?
4. What is the reader supposed to assume is happening to the children of London at night after Lucy dies?
5. What does the Russian ship's log say has happened to the crew?
6. What makes Harker certain that Dracula is going to kill him during his captivity?
7. What causes Renfield's outbursts as Lucy lies dying?
8. What does Harker find suspicious about his meals during his initial visit to Dracula's home?
9. Who is Mr. Swales?
10. Where is Lucy and Mina's favorite place to sit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose and explain four traditional elements of a Gothic novel and cite an example of each from "Dracula".
Essay Topic 2
Choose a vampire character from another novel or movie you are familiar with and compare and contrast that character with Stoker's Dracula. Make sure to list at least five similarities and/or differences.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Stoker choose Lucy to die as a result of Dracula's bite instead of Mina? Give at least three reasons for his choice, making sure to use direct evidence from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)