|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Professor Van Helsing decide must be done as a treatment for Lucy?
2. What is the status of Lucy's mother's health while Mina is in Budapest?
3. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling to?
4. When does Lucy plan to marry Holmwood?
5. Which word could best be used to describe the tone of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What weapon is used to ultimately kill Dracula?
2. What does Mina tell the vampire-hunting team she sees the first time she undergoes hypnosis?
3. What does Harker's choice to give Mina his journal demonstrate?
4. What does Van Helsing hint to Seward that Lucy's troubles aren't over even after she dies?
5. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula's coach driver?
6. Why do Mina and Holmwood agree to share their diaries with Seward?
7. What can the reader assume has happened to Mina after she is found looking very pale after a thick mist entered her room?
8. What does the team take Mina's first hypnosis session to mean?
9. What major physical changes does Lucy go through right before her death?
10. After Mina learns of her psychic connection to Dracula, why does she excuse herself from learning more about the vampire-hunting team's plans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Complete a character analysis of Quincey Morris, listing three literary devices that Stoker uses to develop his character. Make sure to discuss Morris' death in your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast one virtuous (by Victorian standards) female character with another non-virtuous female character from "Dracula". Keep in mind that the vampire version of a character can be compared and contrasted with her non-vampire self.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a vampire character from another novel or movie you are familiar with and compare and contrast that character with Stoker's Dracula. Make sure to list at least five similarities and/or differences.
This section contains 1,305 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)