|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Van Helsing and Seward discover in Lucy's tomb the first time they visit it?
(a) That Lucy's coffin is empty.
(b) That a dummy has been put in the coffin instead of Lucy.
(c) That Lucy's tomb has been robbed.
(d) That someone has been leaving letters for Lucy inside the tomb.
2. What about Renfield amazes Holmwood and Morris the first time they meet him?
(a) His sudden erudite matter.
(b) His knowledge of vampires.
(c) The depth of his madness.
(d) His psychic powers.
3. What does the team learn once they arrive at their new destination?
(a) That Dracula's ship has already landed.
(b) That they are wrong -- again -- about where they should be.
(c) That they have been misled by Dracula's spies.
(d) That the ship will arrive any moment.
4. What does Seward take Renfield's sense of self-assurance to mean?
(a) That Dracula has visited him.
(b) That he is psychic.
(c) That he is a vampire.
(d) That he is in fact insane.
5. What does Mina reveal under hypnosis about the whereabouts of Dracula's ship?
(a) That it has sunk.
(b) It has been delayed at port of entry.
(c) That it is late but still at sea.
(d) That it has been taken over by pirates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Van Helsing flash at the Count to make him disappear while he is with Mina and Harker?
2. Why does Seward deny Renfield's request after Holmwood and Morris have visited him?
3. What condition is Mina in when the vampire-hunting team returns from their journey to the chapel (to hunt for the wooden boxes)?
4. What does the telegram from Mina (to the vampire-hunting team) say about Dracula?
5. What happened to the agent who took over Dracula's box?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Seward try to draw Renfield out in conversation?
2. What does Mina tell the vampire-hunting team she sees the first time she undergoes hypnosis?
3. What does Mina conclude about how Dracula will be trying to get home?
4. Why does Seward agree to share his diary with Mina?
5. How does Van Helsing explain what a vampire is to Seward?
6. Why is Dracula's destruction of the property in Seward's office not a total loss to the vampire-hunting team?
7. Why does Mina ask Seward for permission to visit Renfield?
8. What does Renfield say about how he specifically got his injuries from Dracula?
9. How does Seward react to the idea that Lucy is a vampire after her death?
10. What does the team take Mina's first hypnosis session to mean?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)