|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Van Helsing flash at the Count to make him disappear while he is with Mina and Harker?
(b) A holy wafer.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A mirror.
2. How does Harker react to Van Helsing's assessment of his journals?
(a) He is overcome with joy.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He never knows that Van Helsing reads his journal.
3. What strange phenomenon came into Mina's room while the vampire-hunters were out on their first mission?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A thick mist.
(c) Music without a known source.
(d) Freezing cold, even though it was hot outside.
4. When does Mina end up reading Harker's diary?
(a) While Harker is still in a hospital in Budapest.
(b) She never reads his diary.
(c) Just before Lucy dies.
(d) After Lucy dies.
5. Who leads the charge to find the missing wooden boxes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Harker and Mina stay while they are working with Seward in the asylum?
2. What does the team learn once they arrive at their new destination?
3. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Holmwood and Seward plan to catch him?
4. In what form is Seward's diary recorded?
5. What is Renfield and Mina's initial conversation like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first vow the vampire-hunting team makes to each other?
2. What prayer does Mina ask her husband to read aloud?
3. How does Seward react to the idea that Lucy is a vampire after her death?
4. What is Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journals?
5. What does Renfield say about how he specifically got his injuries from Dracula?
6. How is the vampire Lucy killed?
7. Why does Seward agree to share his diary with Mina?
8. How does Van Helsing explain what a vampire is to Seward?
9. Why does Mina ask Seward for permission to visit Renfield?
10. After Mina learns of her psychic connection to Dracula, why does she excuse herself from learning more about the vampire-hunting team's plans?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)