|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Van Helsing blame for the error in the team's plans to meet Dracula's ship?
2. Where do Van Helsing and Seward stop before heading to Lucy's tomb?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) A church.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A library.
3. What does Van Helsing use the putty he makes for?
(a) To write a curse banishing vampires.
(b) To make a sticky trap for Lucy to get stuck in.
(c) To seal Lucy's tomb.
(d) To be able to see footprints from the ghosts walking around.
4. What does Seward conclude Renfield has a sense of assurance about, despite his wildly different moods and behaviors?
(a) That Mina will marry him.
(b) That he will acquire some higher life.
(c) That he will die soon.
(d) That he will get out of the asylum soon.
5. How does the vampire-hunting team manage to clear the chapel of the animals that have suddenly appeared?
(a) With fire from their torches.
(b) They end up chopping them up with their swords.
(c) With the dogs they brought along.
(d) The animals suddenly disappear on their own.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mina is attacked, what is the vampire-hunting team's new plan?
2. What physical change about Mina worries Van Helsing?
3. After Dracula's ship departs, why does the team decide to keep Mina out of the loop about their plans?
4. What about Mina causes Van Helsing to be concerned while they are waiting for Dracula's ship to arrive?
5. What route does the team decide Dracula will take back to his home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Seward react to the idea that Lucy is a vampire after her death?
2. Why is Dracula's destruction of the property in Seward's office not a total loss to the vampire-hunting team?
3. What arguments does Mina give for why she should come with the team when they leave to intercept Dracula's coffin once it has left London?
4. What is Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journals?
5. After Mina learns of her psychic connection to Dracula, why does she excuse herself from learning more about the vampire-hunting team's plans?
6. Why does Seward agree to share his diary with Mina?
7. How is the vampire Lucy killed?
8. What can the reader assume has happened to Mina after she is found looking very pale after a thick mist entered her room?
9. What does the team take Mina's first hypnosis session to mean?
10. Why doesn't the vampire-hunting team want to break into Dracula's Piccadilly house?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)