|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of injuries does Renfield have when Seward, Van Helsing, Holmwood, and Morris find him in the asylum?
(a) His neck and back appear to be broken.
(b) His legs have been broken.
(c) His legs have been tied behind his back.
(d) He has been beaten on the chest.
2. What route does the team decide Dracula will take back to his home?
(a) A route that the team would never suspect.
(b) The same route he took to come to London.
(c) The longest route so he can attack the most people on the ship.
(d) The shortest route so he can get home faster.
3. What does Mina do with Seward's diary entries?
(a) Translate them from Latin.
(b) Rewrite them so they are no longer backward.
(c) Translate them from code.
(d) Transcibe them.
4. Where do Van Helsing and Seward stop before heading to Lucy's tomb?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A church.
(c) A library.
(d) A coffee shop.
5. What big project are Seward and Mina working on?
(a) A chronology of events relating to the vampires.
(b) A very large, elaborate funeral for Lucy.
(c) A research journal about tuberculosis in London.
(d) A monthly newsletter for the asylum residents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Mina bite before the team is preparing to depart to meet Dracula's coffin when it departs the ship?
2. Who does Van Helsing blame for the error in the team's plans to meet Dracula's ship?
3. What is the name of the ship on which Dracula supposedly made his escape?
4. How does the team travel en route to meet the ship Dracula is on once he has left London?
5. What is the first thing the vampire-hunting team notices when they enter the chapel while searching for the wooden boxes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prayer does Mina ask her husband to read aloud?
2. What does Van Helsing say needs to be done to Lucy in order for her to be set freed from being a vampire?
3. Why do Mina and Holmwood agree to share their diaries with Seward?
4. What favors does Mina ask of the team before they depart to meet Dracula's ship after she has been bitten?
5. What is Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journals?
6. How does Seward try to draw Renfield out in conversation?
7. What does the team take Mina's first hypnosis session to mean?
8. What is the first vow the vampire-hunting team makes to each other?
9. How does Van Helsing explain what a vampire is to Seward?
10. Why doesn't the vampire-hunting team want to break into Dracula's Piccadilly house?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)