|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Renfield and Mina's initial conversation like?
(a) Crazed and scary.
(b) Calm and reasoned.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) Fun and relaxing.
2. What does Holmwood offer Mina as thanks for her comfort during his grieving process?
(a) A lifetime of brotherly devotion.
(b) All of his property.
(c) All of his money and property.
(d) All of his money.
3. How does Holmwood plan to gain entry to Dracula's Piccadilly house?
(a) By posing as the homeowner and hiring a locksmith.
(b) By breaking in.
(c) By pretending to be a deliveryman.
(d) By pretending to be a plumber.
4. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Holmwood and Seward plan to catch him?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) By horseback.
(c) By horse and carriage.
(d) By steamboat.
5. Which word can best be used to describe Dracula's appearance in front of Mina, Harker, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Seward explain Lucy's lack of decomposition to Van Helsing?
2. Who reads all of Lucy's diary and letters in an attempt to understand her situation?
3. How does Seward react to Renfield's constantly changing moods and behaviors?
4. Why does the group decide that Mina must once more be privy to the plans to destroy Dracula?
5. What does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team, despite his injuries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What favors does Mina ask of the team before they depart to meet Dracula's ship after she has been bitten?
2. How is the vampire Lucy killed?
3. What does Mina conclude about how Dracula will be trying to get home?
4. Why doesn't the vampire-hunting team want to break into Dracula's Piccadilly house?
5. What prayer does Mina ask her husband to read aloud?
6. Why does Seward agree to share his diary with Mina?
7. What can the reader assume has happened to Mina after she is found looking very pale after a thick mist entered her room?
8. What arguments does Mina give for why she should come with the team when they leave to intercept Dracula's coffin once it has left London?
9. What tools does Mina use to deduce where Dracula goes once he is back on land?
10. What does Renfield say about how he specifically got his injuries from Dracula?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)