|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Renfield as a result of his injuries?
(a) He recovers from being a vampire.
(b) He dies.
(c) He eventually descends into madness.
(d) He recovers and is let out of the asylum.
2. How does Harker react to Van Helsing's assessment of his journals?
(a) He never knows that Van Helsing reads his journal.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He is overcome with joy.
(d) He is relieved.
3. Why does Seward want to spend the night in Lucy's tomb?
(a) To say goodbye one last time.
(b) To see if someone is coming into it.
(c) To prove that she's not a vampire.
(d) To protect her tomb from vandals.
4. What does the group fear will happen to Mina if she dies before Dracula is killed?
(a) She won't be able to help them anymore.
(b) She will become one of the "Un-Dead."
(c) She will assist Dracula as a ghost.
(d) She will be stuck between being in heaven and becoming a vampire.
5. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Mina and Van Helsing plan to catch him?
(a) By horse and carriage.
(b) By horseback.
(c) By steamboat.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Mina bite before the team is preparing to depart to meet Dracula's coffin when it departs the ship?
2. Why does Seward deny Renfield's request after Holmwood and Morris have visited him?
3. Where do Seward and Van Helsing hide on the first night they visit Lucy's tomb?
4. What kind of information does Harker agree to provide for Van Helsing after Lucy's death?
5. When does Mina's psychic connection to Dracula lessen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mina conclude about how Dracula will be trying to get home?
2. What is Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journals?
3. Why doesn't the vampire-hunting team want to break into Dracula's Piccadilly house?
4. What does the mark on Mina's head from the holy wafer symbolize?
5. What does Renfield say about how he specifically got his injuries from Dracula?
6. After Mina learns of her psychic connection to Dracula, why does she excuse herself from learning more about the vampire-hunting team's plans?
7. What arguments does Mina give for why she should come with the team when they leave to intercept Dracula's coffin once it has left London?
8. What favors does Mina ask of the team before they depart to meet Dracula's ship after she has been bitten?
9. Why is Mina left behind during the first mission of the vampire-hunting team?
10. How is the vampire Lucy killed?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)