|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Holmwood and Morris think about Renfield after they meet him?
(a) That he should be given a private room.
(b) That he should be let loose as a way of tracking Dracula.
(c) That he should be provided with better food.
(d) That he could be released.
2. What prized possession did Dracula destroy when he visited Seward's office?
(a) The manuscript the team had been working on.
(b) The windows, protecting all of Seward's research from the rain.
(c) Pictures of Lucy before she died.
(d) A very old and hold crucifix.
3. What does the telegram from Mina (to the vampire-hunting team) say about Dracula?
(a) That he has left for London.
(b) That he has left Carfax and is headed toward Piccadilly.
(c) That he has come to attack her again.
(d) That he is wearing a new disguise.
4. What kind of information does Harker agree to provide for Van Helsing after Lucy's death?
(a) Information on Lucy's family.
(b) Information on Mina's health status.
(c) Information on Count Dracula.
(d) Information about the three female vampires.
5. What do Van Helsing and Seward discover in Lucy's tomb the first time they visit it?
(a) That someone has been leaving letters for Lucy inside the tomb.
(b) That a dummy has been put in the coffin instead of Lucy.
(c) That Lucy's tomb has been robbed.
(d) That Lucy's coffin is empty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Renfield amazes Holmwood and Morris the first time they meet him?
2. What is Renfield and Mina's initial conversation like?
3. When does Mina's psychic connection to Dracula lessen?
4. How does Mina think Van Helsing can exploit her psychic connection to Dracula?
5. What kind of injuries does Renfield have when Seward, Van Helsing, Holmwood, and Morris find him in the asylum?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Van Helsing put a holy wafer on Mina's forehead after she has been bitten by Dracula?
2. Why do Mina and Holmwood agree to share their diaries with Seward?
3. What is Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journals?
4. What can the reader assume has happened to Mina after she is found looking very pale after a thick mist entered her room?
5. Why does Mina ask Seward for permission to visit Renfield?
6. After Mina learns of her psychic connection to Dracula, why does she excuse herself from learning more about the vampire-hunting team's plans?
7. Why does Seward agree to share his diary with Mina?
8. What does the mark on Mina's head from the holy wafer symbolize?
9. How does Van Helsing explain what a vampire is to Seward?
10. What does Mina tell the vampire-hunting team she sees the first time she undergoes hypnosis?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)