|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Van Helsing use to make putty while visiting Lucy's tomb?
(a) A drop of everyone's blood.
(b) Communion wafers and putty mix.
(c) Stones from the church.
(d) Putty that has been blessed.
2. What does Seward conclude Renfield has a sense of assurance about, despite his wildly different moods and behaviors?
(a) That he will acquire some higher life.
(b) That he will die soon.
(c) That Mina will marry him.
(d) That he will get out of the asylum soon.
3. What is Renfield and Mina's initial conversation like?
(a) Fun and relaxing.
(b) Crazed and scary.
(c) Calm and reasoned.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
4. Who leads the charge to find the missing wooden boxes?
5. Who reads all of Lucy's diary and letters in an attempt to understand her situation?
(a) Van Helsing.
(b) Lucy's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What route does the team decide Dracula will take back to his home?
2. What about Mina causes Van Helsing to be concerned while they are waiting for Dracula's ship to arrive?
3. When Seward, Van Helsing, Holmwood, and Morris go to Lucy's tomb, what do they find inside her coffin?
4. Where does the team hope to intercept Dracula?
5. How does Seward explain Lucy's lack of decomposition to Van Helsing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mina ask Seward for permission to visit Renfield?
2. What is Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journals?
3. How is the vampire Lucy killed?
4. How does Seward react to the idea that Lucy is a vampire after her death?
5. What is the first vow the vampire-hunting team makes to each other?
6. Why do Mina and Holmwood agree to share their diaries with Seward?
7. Why is Mina left behind during the first mission of the vampire-hunting team?
8. What tools does Mina use to deduce where Dracula goes once he is back on land?
9. What does Renfield say about how he specifically got his injuries from Dracula?
10. What does Mina conclude about how Dracula will be trying to get home?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)