|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Van Helsing open Lucy's tomb?
(a) With a key.
(b) With a sledgehammer.
(c) With a secret spell.
(d) By holding a crucifix up in front of it.
2. Where does the team hope to intercept Dracula?
(a) In Madrid.
(b) In Romania.
(c) In the city of Varna.
(d) In New York.
3. After Mina is attacked, what is the vampire-hunting team's new plan?
(a) To bait Dracula with a bleeding Mina.
(b) To destroy all of Dracula's boxes in one day.
(c) To fan out and search for Dracula in the marketplace.
(d) To wait for Mina to die before they do anything else.
4. Where does the group finally learn the missing wooden boxes are located?
(c) On a ship in the harbor.
5. What object does Dracula flee with after attacking the vampire-hunting team?
(b) A book.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A pile of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Holmwood and Seward plan to catch him?
2. How does Seward explain Lucy's lack of decomposition to Van Helsing?
3. What about Renfield amazes Holmwood and Morris the first time they meet him?
4. When Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris finally encounter Lucy near her tomb, what does she have with her?
5. What is the name of the name of the house Dracula purchased for his London residency?
Short Essay Questions
1. What favors does Mina ask of the team before they depart to meet Dracula's ship after she has been bitten?
2. What arguments does Mina give for why she should come with the team when they leave to intercept Dracula's coffin once it has left London?
3. Why does Seward agree to share his diary with Mina?
4. What tools does Mina use to deduce where Dracula goes once he is back on land?
5. What prayer does Mina ask her husband to read aloud?
6. After Mina learns of her psychic connection to Dracula, why does she excuse herself from learning more about the vampire-hunting team's plans?
7. What does Mina tell the vampire-hunting team she sees the first time she undergoes hypnosis?
8. What does the team take Mina's first hypnosis session to mean?
9. What does Renfield say about how he specifically got his injuries from Dracula?
10. Why is Mina left behind during the first mission of the vampire-hunting team?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)