|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the group finally learn the missing wooden boxes are located?
(d) On a ship in the harbor.
2. Where does the group head after they realize they will not meet Dracula's ship where they first planned to?
3. How does Harker react to Van Helsing's assessment of his journals?
(a) He never knows that Van Helsing reads his journal.
(b) He is overcome with joy.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is relieved.
4. How does the vampire-hunting team manage to clear the chapel of the animals that have suddenly appeared?
(a) With the dogs they brought along.
(b) The animals suddenly disappear on their own.
(c) They end up chopping them up with their swords.
(d) With fire from their torches.
5. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Mina and Van Helsing plan to catch him?
(a) By steamboat.
(b) By horseback.
(c) By horse and carriage.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team, despite his injuries?
2. What strange phenomenon came into Mina's room while the vampire-hunters were out on their first mission?
3. Where do Seward and Van Helsing hide on the first night they visit Lucy's tomb?
4. What kind of injuries does Renfield have when Seward, Van Helsing, Holmwood, and Morris find him in the asylum?
5. What prized possession did Dracula destroy when he visited Seward's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mina ask Seward for permission to visit Renfield?
2. How does Van Helsing explain what a vampire is to Seward?
3. Why do Mina and Holmwood agree to share their diaries with Seward?
4. Why doesn't the vampire-hunting team want to break into Dracula's Piccadilly house?
5. Why does Van Helsing put a holy wafer on Mina's forehead after she has been bitten by Dracula?
6. What does Mina tell the vampire-hunting team she sees the first time she undergoes hypnosis?
7. What favors does Mina ask of the team before they depart to meet Dracula's ship after she has been bitten?
8. How does Seward try to draw Renfield out in conversation?
9. Why does Seward agree to share his diary with Mina?
10. What does the team take Mina's first hypnosis session to mean?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)