|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Seward explain Lucy's lack of decomposition to Van Helsing?
(a) He says she hasn't been dead that long.
(b) He says that they just don't notice anything because they both love her.
(c) He says its because it's very cold.
(d) He can't explain it.
2. What does Lucy do with what she has with her when she meets Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris near her tomb?
(a) She throws the child to the side.
(b) She holds up the crucifix.
(c) She attacks them with the dagger.
(d) She commands the other vampire to attack.
3. What does Seward conclude Renfield has a sense of assurance about, despite his wildly different moods and behaviors?
(a) That he will get out of the asylum soon.
(b) That he will acquire some higher life.
(c) That Mina will marry him.
(d) That he will die soon.
4. Where do Seward and Van Helsing hide on the first night they visit Lucy's tomb?
(a) In the chapel next to her tomb.
(b) In the churchyard.
(c) In the trees next to her tomb.
(d) In special boxes they built that were well hidden.
5. What does Van Helsing use the putty he makes for?
(a) To be able to see footprints from the ghosts walking around.
(b) To make a sticky trap for Lucy to get stuck in.
(c) To write a curse banishing vampires.
(d) To seal Lucy's tomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Van Helsing use to make putty while visiting Lucy's tomb?
2. How does the vampire-hunting team manage to clear the chapel of the animals that have suddenly appeared?
3. What urgent message does an attendant bring to Seward after he speaks to Renfield about Renfield's changing moods?
4. Where does the team hope to intercept Dracula?
5. When does Mina end up reading Harker's diary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Seward agree to share his diary with Mina?
2. What can the reader assume has happened to Mina after she is found looking very pale after a thick mist entered her room?
3. What does Van Helsing say needs to be done to Lucy in order for her to be set freed from being a vampire?
4. How is the vampire Lucy killed?
5. How does Van Helsing explain what a vampire is to Seward?
6. What does Renfield say about how he specifically got his injuries from Dracula?
7. Why does Mina ask Seward for permission to visit Renfield?
8. What does Mina conclude about how Dracula will be trying to get home?
9. What tools does Mina use to deduce where Dracula goes once he is back on land?
10. What does the team take Mina's first hypnosis session to mean?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)