|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Renfield as a result of his injuries?
(a) He recovers from being a vampire.
(b) He dies.
(c) He eventually descends into madness.
(d) He recovers and is let out of the asylum.
2. What urgent message does an attendant bring to Seward after he speaks to Renfield about Renfield's changing moods?
(a) That Renfield has escaped from his room, but not the asylum.
(b) That Renfield has met with a serious accident.
(c) That Renfield has been attacked by a mob of masked men.
(d) That Renfield is now only speaking in French.
3. What is the name of the ship on which Dracula supposedly made his escape?
(a) The Hyperion.
(b) The Kon Tiki.
(c) The Czarina Catherine.
(d) The Adagio.
4. Why does Seward want to spend the night in Lucy's tomb?
(a) To say goodbye one last time.
(b) To prove that she's not a vampire.
(c) To see if someone is coming into it.
(d) To protect her tomb from vandals.
5. What does Seward conclude Renfield has a sense of assurance about, despite his wildly different moods and behaviors?
(a) That Mina will marry him.
(b) That he will acquire some higher life.
(c) That he will get out of the asylum soon.
(d) That he will die soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical changes does Harker notice about Mina after she has been bitten?
2. When Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris finally encounter Lucy near her tomb, what does she have with her?
3. How does Seward explain Lucy's lack of decomposition to Van Helsing?
4. What creature begins to fill the chapel when the vampire-hunting team enters, looking for the wooden boxes?
5. What does Mina do with Seward's diary entries?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Van Helsing explain what a vampire is to Seward?
2. What does Mina conclude about how Dracula will be trying to get home?
3. What does the mark on Mina's head from the holy wafer symbolize?
4. Why is Mina left behind during the first mission of the vampire-hunting team?
5. What is the first vow the vampire-hunting team makes to each other?
6. What arguments does Mina give for why she should come with the team when they leave to intercept Dracula's coffin once it has left London?
7. How does Seward try to draw Renfield out in conversation?
8. Why does Seward agree to share his diary with Mina?
9. What can the reader assume has happened to Mina after she is found looking very pale after a thick mist entered her room?
10. Why is Dracula's destruction of the property in Seward's office not a total loss to the vampire-hunting team?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)