|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the team travel en route to meet the ship Dracula is on once he has left London?
(a) By foot.
(b) By private cars.
(c) By train.
(d) By horseback.
2. What happened to the agent who took over Dracula's box?
(a) He went insane.
(b) He was later found dead with his throat torn open.
(c) He somehow suddenly became very rich.
(d) He was never heard from again.
3. How many of the wooden boxes does the vampire-hunting team find when they enter the chapel?
4. What physical change about Mina worries Van Helsing?
(a) Her extreme weight loss.
(b) The extreme growth of her fingernails.
(c) Her horrible breath.
(d) The hardening of her eyes.
5. After Dracula's ship departs, why does the team decide to keep Mina out of the loop about their plans?
(a) Because she has shown herself to be untrustworthy.
(b) Because she may flee and tell everyone.
(c) Because she is telepathically connected to the Count.
(d) Because she may be a spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Harker and Morris plan to catch him?
2. What does Van Helsing flash at the Count to make him disappear while he is with Mina and Harker?
3. Where do Van Helsing and Seward stop before heading to Lucy's tomb?
4. What does the group fear will happen to Mina if she dies before Dracula is killed?
5. How does Mina think Van Helsing can exploit her psychic connection to Dracula?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first vow the vampire-hunting team makes to each other?
2. What is Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journals?
3. What does the team take Mina's first hypnosis session to mean?
4. What does Mina conclude about how Dracula will be trying to get home?
5. What arguments does Mina give for why she should come with the team when they leave to intercept Dracula's coffin once it has left London?
6. Why do Mina and Holmwood agree to share their diaries with Seward?
7. Why does Van Helsing put a holy wafer on Mina's forehead after she has been bitten by Dracula?
8. What does Van Helsing say needs to be done to Lucy in order for her to be set freed from being a vampire?
9. What does the mark on Mina's head from the holy wafer symbolize?
10. What prayer does Mina ask her husband to read aloud?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)