|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mina do with Seward's diary entries?
(a) Translate them from code.
(b) Translate them from Latin.
(c) Transcibe them.
(d) Rewrite them so they are no longer backward.
2. How many of the wooden boxes does the vampire-hunting team find when they enter the chapel?
3. Why does Seward want to spend the night in Lucy's tomb?
(a) To prove that she's not a vampire.
(b) To say goodbye one last time.
(c) To see if someone is coming into it.
(d) To protect her tomb from vandals.
4. Which word can best be used to describe Dracula's appearance in front of Mina, Harker, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris?
5. What strange phenomenon came into Mina's room while the vampire-hunters were out on their first mission?
(a) A thick mist.
(b) A ghost.
(c) Freezing cold, even though it was hot outside.
(d) Music without a known source.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stoker say the vampire Lucy look like?
2. What is Renfield and Mina's initial conversation like?
3. What do Holmwood and Morris think about Renfield after they meet him?
4. Where do Harker and Mina stay while they are working with Seward in the asylum?
5. What official -- and despairing -- news does the team learn about the arrival of Dracula's ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Seward try to draw Renfield out in conversation?
2. Why does Van Helsing put a holy wafer on Mina's forehead after she has been bitten by Dracula?
3. What is the first vow the vampire-hunting team makes to each other?
4. What favors does Mina ask of the team before they depart to meet Dracula's ship after she has been bitten?
5. Why is Dracula's destruction of the property in Seward's office not a total loss to the vampire-hunting team?
6. What prayer does Mina ask her husband to read aloud?
7. After Mina learns of her psychic connection to Dracula, why does she excuse herself from learning more about the vampire-hunting team's plans?
8. What does the team take Mina's first hypnosis session to mean?
9. What does Mina conclude about how Dracula will be trying to get home?
10. Why does Seward agree to share his diary with Mina?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)