|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Renfield as a result of his injuries?
(a) He dies.
(b) He eventually descends into madness.
(c) He recovers and is let out of the asylum.
(d) He recovers from being a vampire.
2. What does Seward take Renfield's sense of self-assurance to mean?
(a) That he is psychic.
(b) That he is in fact insane.
(c) That he is a vampire.
(d) That Dracula has visited him.
3. Where does the group finally learn the missing wooden boxes are located?
(b) On a ship in the harbor.
4. What is the first thing the vampire-hunting team notices when they enter the chapel while searching for the wooden boxes?
(a) The terrible cold that suddenly occurred.
(b) The lack of any dust in the room.
(c) Strange music coming from within.
(d) An overpowering, nauseating odor.
5. How does the vampire-hunting team manage to clear the chapel of the animals that have suddenly appeared?
(a) With the dogs they brought along.
(b) With fire from their torches.
(c) They end up chopping them up with their swords.
(d) The animals suddenly disappear on their own.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Van Helsing want Mina to visit after Lucy's death?
2. Despite his injuries, what does Renfield manage to tell the vampire-hunting team about Mina?
3. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Harker and Morris plan to catch him?
4. When does Mina end up reading Harker's diary?
5. What does the telegram from Mina (to the vampire-hunting team) say about Dracula?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tools does Mina use to deduce where Dracula goes once he is back on land?
2. After Mina learns of her psychic connection to Dracula, why does she excuse herself from learning more about the vampire-hunting team's plans?
3. Why is Dracula's destruction of the property in Seward's office not a total loss to the vampire-hunting team?
4. What does Renfield say about how he specifically got his injuries from Dracula?
5. Why is Mina left behind during the first mission of the vampire-hunting team?
6. Why does Van Helsing put a holy wafer on Mina's forehead after she has been bitten by Dracula?
7. Why do Mina and Holmwood agree to share their diaries with Seward?
8. How does Van Helsing explain what a vampire is to Seward?
9. What does Van Helsing say needs to be done to Lucy in order for her to be set freed from being a vampire?
10. What is the first vow the vampire-hunting team makes to each other?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)