|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship on which Dracula supposedly made his escape?
(a) The Adagio.
(b) The Czarina Catherine.
(c) The Kon Tiki.
(d) The Hyperion.
2. Why does Seward deny Renfield's request after Holmwood and Morris have visited him?
(a) Because he just wants to be cruel.
(b) Because Seward knows he is still a madman.
(c) Because he needs a spy in the asylum.
(d) Because Renfield still owes Seward a lot of money.
3. What does the team learn once they arrive at their new destination?
(a) That they are wrong -- again -- about where they should be.
(b) That they have been misled by Dracula's spies.
(c) That Dracula's ship has already landed.
(d) That the ship will arrive any moment.
4. What kind of injuries does Renfield have when Seward, Van Helsing, Holmwood, and Morris find him in the asylum?
(a) His neck and back appear to be broken.
(b) He has been beaten on the chest.
(c) His legs have been broken.
(d) His legs have been tied behind his back.
5. How does Harker react to Van Helsing's assessment of his journals?
(a) He is overcome with joy.
(b) He never knows that Van Helsing reads his journal.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is relieved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Holmwood and Seward plan to catch him?
2. What urgent message does an attendant bring to Seward after he speaks to Renfield about Renfield's changing moods?
3. What is the name of the name of the house Dracula purchased for his London residency?
4. Where do Van Helsing and Seward stop before heading to Lucy's tomb?
5. What big project are Seward and Mina working on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mina conclude about how Dracula will be trying to get home?
2. Why doesn't the vampire-hunting team want to break into Dracula's Piccadilly house?
3. How does Seward try to draw Renfield out in conversation?
4. What favors does Mina ask of the team before they depart to meet Dracula's ship after she has been bitten?
5. What arguments does Mina give for why she should come with the team when they leave to intercept Dracula's coffin once it has left London?
6. What prayer does Mina ask her husband to read aloud?
7. Why does Van Helsing put a holy wafer on Mina's forehead after she has been bitten by Dracula?
8. After Mina learns of her psychic connection to Dracula, why does she excuse herself from learning more about the vampire-hunting team's plans?
9. Why does Mina ask Seward for permission to visit Renfield?
10. What does the mark on Mina's head from the holy wafer symbolize?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)