|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Dracula flee with after attacking the vampire-hunting team?
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A pile of money.
(d) A book.
2. By how many days does the team plan to precede the arrival of Dracula's ship?
(a) Five days.
(b) One or two days.
(c) A week.
(d) They plan to arrive on the same day as the ship.
3. Who does Van Helsing blame for the error in the team's plans to meet Dracula's ship?
4. What physical change about Mina worries Van Helsing?
(a) The extreme growth of her fingernails.
(b) Her extreme weight loss.
(c) Her horrible breath.
(d) The hardening of her eyes.
5. How does the vampire-hunting team manage to clear the chapel of the animals that have suddenly appeared?
(a) With the dogs they brought along.
(b) They end up chopping them up with their swords.
(c) The animals suddenly disappear on their own.
(d) With fire from their torches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Van Helsing flash at the Count to make him disappear while he is with Mina and Harker?
2. Where do Van Helsing and Seward stop before heading to Lucy's tomb?
3. After Mina is attacked, what is the vampire-hunting team's new plan?
4. How does Mina react to Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journal?
5. What does Seward take Renfield's sense of self-assurance to mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Mina learns of her psychic connection to Dracula, why does she excuse herself from learning more about the vampire-hunting team's plans?
2. How does Seward react to the idea that Lucy is a vampire after her death?
3. Why is Dracula's destruction of the property in Seward's office not a total loss to the vampire-hunting team?
4. What prayer does Mina ask her husband to read aloud?
5. What can the reader assume has happened to Mina after she is found looking very pale after a thick mist entered her room?
6. What tools does Mina use to deduce where Dracula goes once he is back on land?
7. What does Mina conclude about how Dracula will be trying to get home?
8. What is the first vow the vampire-hunting team makes to each other?
9. How does Van Helsing explain what a vampire is to Seward?
10. Why doesn't the vampire-hunting team want to break into Dracula's Piccadilly house?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)