|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Van Helsing flash at the Count to make him disappear while he is with Mina and Harker?
(a) A holy wafer.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A mirror.
2. Where does the team hope to intercept Dracula?
(a) In the city of Varna.
(b) In Madrid.
(c) In Romania.
(d) In New York.
3. What strange phenomenon came into Mina's room while the vampire-hunters were out on their first mission?
(a) A thick mist.
(b) A ghost.
(c) Music without a known source.
(d) Freezing cold, even though it was hot outside.
4. What object does Dracula flee with after attacking the vampire-hunting team?
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A book.
(d) A pile of money.
5. When Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris finally encounter Lucy near her tomb, what does she have with her?
(a) A small child.
(b) Three other vampires.
(c) A bloody dagger.
(d) A crucifix.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical change about Mina worries Van Helsing?
2. What kind of information does Harker agree to provide for Van Helsing after Lucy's death?
3. How does Seward explain Lucy's lack of decomposition to Van Helsing?
4. How does the team travel en route to meet the ship Dracula is on once he has left London?
5. What does Van Helsing use to make putty while visiting Lucy's tomb?
Short Essay Questions
1. What favors does Mina ask of the team before they depart to meet Dracula's ship after she has been bitten?
2. How does Seward try to draw Renfield out in conversation?
3. Why do Mina and Holmwood agree to share their diaries with Seward?
4. What does Mina tell the vampire-hunting team she sees the first time she undergoes hypnosis?
5. What tools does Mina use to deduce where Dracula goes once he is back on land?
6. What does the mark on Mina's head from the holy wafer symbolize?
7. Why is Dracula's destruction of the property in Seward's office not a total loss to the vampire-hunting team?
8. Why does Van Helsing put a holy wafer on Mina's forehead after she has been bitten by Dracula?
9. What is Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journals?
10. How does Seward react to the idea that Lucy is a vampire after her death?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)