|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What urgent message does an attendant bring to Seward after he speaks to Renfield about Renfield's changing moods?
(a) That Renfield has escaped from his room, but not the asylum.
(b) That Renfield has met with a serious accident.
(c) That Renfield is now only speaking in French.
(d) That Renfield has been attacked by a mob of masked men.
2. Why does Seward deny Renfield's request after Holmwood and Morris have visited him?
(a) Because he needs a spy in the asylum.
(b) Because he just wants to be cruel.
(c) Because Renfield still owes Seward a lot of money.
(d) Because Seward knows he is still a madman.
3. What happens to Renfield as a result of his injuries?
(a) He recovers from being a vampire.
(b) He recovers and is let out of the asylum.
(c) He dies.
(d) He eventually descends into madness.
4. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Mina and Van Helsing plan to catch him?
(a) By horseback.
(b) By horse and carriage.
(c) By steamboat.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
5. After Mina is attacked, what is the vampire-hunting team's new plan?
(a) To fan out and search for Dracula in the marketplace.
(b) To destroy all of Dracula's boxes in one day.
(c) To bait Dracula with a bleeding Mina.
(d) To wait for Mina to die before they do anything else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Van Helsing want Mina to visit after Lucy's death?
2. What kind of injuries does Renfield have when Seward, Van Helsing, Holmwood, and Morris find him in the asylum?
3. Who leads the charge to find the missing wooden boxes?
4. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Harker and Morris plan to catch him?
5. What does Mina reveal under hypnosis about the whereabouts of Dracula's ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Renfield say about how he specifically got his injuries from Dracula?
2. What is Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journals?
3. What tools does Mina use to deduce where Dracula goes once he is back on land?
4. How does Van Helsing explain what a vampire is to Seward?
5. What favors does Mina ask of the team before they depart to meet Dracula's ship after she has been bitten?
6. What can the reader assume has happened to Mina after she is found looking very pale after a thick mist entered her room?
7. Why is Mina left behind during the first mission of the vampire-hunting team?
8. Why does Mina ask Seward for permission to visit Renfield?
9. What arguments does Mina give for why she should come with the team when they leave to intercept Dracula's coffin once it has left London?
10. What does the team take Mina's first hypnosis session to mean?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)