|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of information does Harker agree to provide for Van Helsing after Lucy's death?
(a) Information on Mina's health status.
(b) Information on Lucy's family.
(c) Information about the three female vampires.
(d) Information on Count Dracula.
2. What does Van Helsing flash at the Count to make him disappear while he is with Mina and Harker?
(a) A crucifix.
(c) A holy wafer.
(d) A mirror.
3. What happened to the agent who took over Dracula's box?
(a) He somehow suddenly became very rich.
(b) He was never heard from again.
(c) He was later found dead with his throat torn open.
(d) He went insane.
4. What condition is Mina in when the vampire-hunting team returns from their journey to the chapel (to hunt for the wooden boxes)?
(a) She is asleep and very pale.
(b) She has seen something horrible and can no longer speak.
(c) She seems to have gone insane.
(d) She is anxious and worried.
5. What does Holmwood offer Mina as thanks for her comfort during his grieving process?
(a) All of his money.
(b) All of his property.
(c) All of his money and property.
(d) A lifetime of brotherly devotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the group decide that Mina must once more be privy to the plans to destroy Dracula?
2. Where do Seward and Van Helsing hide on the first night they visit Lucy's tomb?
3. What does Lucy do with what she has with her when she meets Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris near her tomb?
4. What does Seward take Renfield's sense of self-assurance to mean?
5. What do Van Helsing and Seward discover in Lucy's tomb the first time they visit it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mina left behind during the first mission of the vampire-hunting team?
2. What can the reader assume has happened to Mina after she is found looking very pale after a thick mist entered her room?
3. Why does Seward agree to share his diary with Mina?
4. What does Mina conclude about how Dracula will be trying to get home?
5. What is the first vow the vampire-hunting team makes to each other?
6. How does Seward react to the idea that Lucy is a vampire after her death?
7. What does Mina tell the vampire-hunting team she sees the first time she undergoes hypnosis?
8. What arguments does Mina give for why she should come with the team when they leave to intercept Dracula's coffin once it has left London?
9. What does the mark on Mina's head from the holy wafer symbolize?
10. How does Seward try to draw Renfield out in conversation?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)