|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the group decide that Mina must once more be privy to the plans to destroy Dracula?
(a) Because she is starting to ask too many questions.
(b) So that she can fight to survive for herself, too.
(c) So that she stops annoying them.
(d) Because they can't leave her behind since she was bitten.
2. What about Renfield amazes Holmwood and Morris the first time they meet him?
(a) The depth of his madness.
(b) His psychic powers.
(c) His knowledge of vampires.
(d) His sudden erudite matter.
3. Where does the group head after they realize they will not meet Dracula's ship where they first planned to?
4. Which word can best be used to describe Dracula's appearance in front of Mina, Harker, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris?
5. What happens to Renfield as a result of his injuries?
(a) He recovers from being a vampire.
(b) He dies.
(c) He eventually descends into madness.
(d) He recovers and is let out of the asylum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the group fear will happen to Mina if she dies before Dracula is killed?
2. Where does the group finally learn the missing wooden boxes are located?
3. When does Mina end up reading Harker's diary?
4. Who reads all of Lucy's diary and letters in an attempt to understand her situation?
5. What does Mina do with Seward's diary entries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can the reader assume has happened to Mina after she is found looking very pale after a thick mist entered her room?
2. Why does Seward agree to share his diary with Mina?
3. What prayer does Mina ask her husband to read aloud?
4. What does Mina tell the vampire-hunting team she sees the first time she undergoes hypnosis?
5. Why does Van Helsing put a holy wafer on Mina's forehead after she has been bitten by Dracula?
6. What arguments does Mina give for why she should come with the team when they leave to intercept Dracula's coffin once it has left London?
7. Why doesn't the vampire-hunting team want to break into Dracula's Piccadilly house?
8. What does the mark on Mina's head from the holy wafer symbolize?
9. What favors does Mina ask of the team before they depart to meet Dracula's ship after she has been bitten?
10. Why is Mina left behind during the first mission of the vampire-hunting team?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)