|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harker begin researching during his stay with Harker?
(a) The whereabouts of the wooden boxes Dracula sent to London.
(b) The whereabouts of secret books on vampirism.
(c) The whereabouts of his father's fortune.
(d) The whereabouts of the man he thought was Dracula.
2. Where do Van Helsing and Seward stop before heading to Lucy's tomb?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A church.
(d) A library.
3. How does Harker react to Van Helsing's assessment of his journals?
(a) He never knows that Van Helsing reads his journal.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He is overcome with joy.
(d) He is relieved.
4. How many of the wooden boxes does the vampire-hunting team find when they enter the chapel?
5. What is the name of the ship on which Dracula supposedly made his escape?
(a) The Kon Tiki.
(b) The Adagio.
(c) The Hyperion.
(d) The Czarina Catherine.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Dracula's ship departs, why does the team decide to keep Mina out of the loop about their plans?
2. What does Seward take Renfield's sense of self-assurance to mean?
3. What do Holmwood and Morris think about Renfield after they meet him?
4. What is Renfield's opinion of Mina?
5. How does the team travel en route to meet the ship Dracula is on once he has left London?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Mina and Holmwood agree to share their diaries with Seward?
2. What does Renfield say about how he specifically got his injuries from Dracula?
3. What can the reader assume has happened to Mina after she is found looking very pale after a thick mist entered her room?
4. How is the vampire Lucy killed?
5. What favors does Mina ask of the team before they depart to meet Dracula's ship after she has been bitten?
6. What tools does Mina use to deduce where Dracula goes once he is back on land?
7. How does Seward try to draw Renfield out in conversation?
8. Why does Van Helsing put a holy wafer on Mina's forehead after she has been bitten by Dracula?
9. What is Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journals?
10. What prayer does Mina ask her husband to read aloud?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)