|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucy do with what she has with her when she meets Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris near her tomb?
(a) She holds up the crucifix.
(b) She throws the child to the side.
(c) She attacks them with the dagger.
(d) She commands the other vampire to attack.
2. Where do Van Helsing and Seward stop before heading to Lucy's tomb?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A church.
(d) A library.
3. What does the telegram from Mina (to the vampire-hunting team) say about Dracula?
(a) That he has left for London.
(b) That he has come to attack her again.
(c) That he is wearing a new disguise.
(d) That he has left Carfax and is headed toward Piccadilly.
4. Which character does Mina bite before the team is preparing to depart to meet Dracula's coffin when it departs the ship?
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) Van Helsing.
5. What is the first thing the vampire-hunting team notices when they enter the chapel while searching for the wooden boxes?
(a) The terrible cold that suddenly occurred.
(b) An overpowering, nauseating odor.
(c) The lack of any dust in the room.
(d) Strange music coming from within.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Van Helsing blame for the error in the team's plans to meet Dracula's ship?
2. What object does Dracula flee with after attacking the vampire-hunting team?
3. What about Renfield amazes Holmwood and Morris the first time they meet him?
4. Where do Seward and Van Helsing hide on the first night they visit Lucy's tomb?
5. What does the team learn once they arrive at their new destination?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the vampire Lucy killed?
2. Why doesn't the vampire-hunting team want to break into Dracula's Piccadilly house?
3. Why does Seward agree to share his diary with Mina?
4. Why does Van Helsing put a holy wafer on Mina's forehead after she has been bitten by Dracula?
5. Why is Dracula's destruction of the property in Seward's office not a total loss to the vampire-hunting team?
6. What is the first vow the vampire-hunting team makes to each other?
7. What prayer does Mina ask her husband to read aloud?
8. Who ultimately kills vampire Lucy?
9. What tools does Mina use to deduce where Dracula goes once he is back on land?
10. Why do Mina and Holmwood agree to share their diaries with Seward?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)