|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Van Helsing blame for the error in the team's plans to meet Dracula's ship?
2. What does Van Helsing use to make putty while visiting Lucy's tomb?
(a) Communion wafers and putty mix.
(b) Stones from the church.
(c) A drop of everyone's blood.
(d) Putty that has been blessed.
3. What happens to Renfield as a result of his injuries?
(a) He dies.
(b) He eventually descends into madness.
(c) He recovers and is let out of the asylum.
(d) He recovers from being a vampire.
4. What is Renfield's opinion of Mina?
(a) That she should be committed to the asylum, too.
(b) That she is cruel and mean.
(c) That she is a vampire in disguise.
(d) That she is kind and charming.
5. When Van Helsing, Seward, Holmwood, and Morris finally encounter Lucy near her tomb, what does she have with her?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A small child.
(c) A bloody dagger.
(d) Three other vampires.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of information does Harker agree to provide for Van Helsing after Lucy's death?
2. What physical changes does Harker notice about Mina after she has been bitten?
3. What does Mina do with Seward's diary entries?
4. What does the telegram from Mina (to the vampire-hunting team) say about Dracula?
5. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Holmwood and Seward plan to catch him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mina tell the vampire-hunting team she sees the first time she undergoes hypnosis?
2. What prayer does Mina ask her husband to read aloud?
3. What can the reader assume has happened to Mina after she is found looking very pale after a thick mist entered her room?
4. What does Van Helsing say needs to be done to Lucy in order for her to be set freed from being a vampire?
5. What arguments does Mina give for why she should come with the team when they leave to intercept Dracula's coffin once it has left London?
6. What tools does Mina use to deduce where Dracula goes once he is back on land?
7. What is Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journals?
8. What does Mina conclude about how Dracula will be trying to get home?
9. Why do Mina and Holmwood agree to share their diaries with Seward?
10. Who ultimately kills vampire Lucy?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)