|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Lucy plan to marry Holmwood?
(a) In two years, as per her parents' request.
(b) When her health improves.
(c) A month or so after Mina and Harker get married.
(d) Never; she can't stand the man.
2. Who does Harker think he sees on the streets of London?
(c) Dracula's coach driver.
(d) His dead mother.
3. What does Dr. John Seward do?
(a) He is head of the local lunatic asylum.
(b) He is the town psychologist.
(c) He is the town veterinarian.
(d) He is the town doctor.
4. What frequent activity do Lucy and Mind engage in during Mina's visit?
(a) Writing letters to their fiancés.
(b) Getting pedicures.
(c) Cooking big meals together.
(d) Taking frequent walks.
5. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's first medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
2. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
3. What strange ship does Mina see entering the harbor while she is visiting Lucy?
4. What kind of strange room does Harker find in Dracula's home that he later takes a nap in?
5. What item does Van Helsing place around Lucy's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Lucy and Mina's favorite place to sit?
2. As Harker is about to be seduced during his captivity by the three female vampires, what is he thinking of that makes him feel a bit guilty?
3. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula's coach driver?
4. What features of Dracula's new home in England create a sense of foreboding and unease for both Harker and the reader?
5. What does Harker tell Mina that his experience at Dracula's castle done to him?
6. How does Lucy respond to the transfusions that Van Helsing orders?
7. What does the fair-haired female vampire accuse Dracula of when he stops her from biting Harker after he is nearly seduced during Dracula's absence?
8. What initial impression does Dr. Seward's description of Mr. Renfield leave with the reader?
9. Why doesn't Harker want Dracula to know that he is afraid of him while being held captive?
10. What happens to Lucy's mother after Van Helsing's telegram goes astray?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)