|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Van Helsing place around Lucy's room?
(a) Dried flowers.
(d) Goblets of holy water.
2. What kind of feeling is overwhelming Lucy while Mina is in Budapest?
(a) A sense of happiness.
(b) A sense of darkness and fear.
(c) A feeling of being overwhelmed with wedding planning.
(d) She is worried because she has no feelings anymore.
3. What does Professor Van Helsing decide must be done as a treatment for Lucy?
(a) She needs to be on bed rest to protect the baby.
(b) She can eat nothing but vegetables for a week.
(c) She must be force-fed.
(d) She needs blood transfusions.
4. What animal comes off of the Russian ship?
(a) A large bat.
(b) A black panther.
(c) A large dog.
(d) A tropical bird.
5. What frequent activity do Lucy and Mind engage in during Mina's visit?
(a) Getting pedicures.
(b) Cooking big meals together.
(c) Taking frequent walks.
(d) Writing letters to their fiancés.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mina?
2. Which characters are the first to express concern about Harker's journey?
3. What is the source of Seward's depression?
4. How does Stoker convey the events of what happens in Chapter 1?
5. What does Dr. John Seward do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about Lucy's nighttime behavior during Mina's visit is so troubling?
2. What does Harker find suspicious about his meals during his initial visit to Dracula's home?
3. What major physical changes does Lucy go through right before her death?
4. Why does Renfield manage to get a rare night of sleep after being stabbed?
5. What disturbing sight does Harker see outside of his window during his captivity at Dracula's home?
6. How does Harker react to the innkeeper's wife's gift for protection when she learns he is on a journey to see Count Dracula?
7. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula's coach driver?
8. What features of Dracula's new home in England create a sense of foreboding and unease for both Harker and the reader?
9. What two classic traits of a vampire does Dracula demonstrate in Chapter 4 (when Harker first begins to try to escape from Dracula's castle)?
10. What does Harker tell Mina that his experience at Dracula's castle done to him?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)