|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was "Dracula" written?
(c) No one knows for sure.
2. What gift of protection is Harker given during his initial voyage to conduct business for Count Dracula?
(a) A rosary.
(b) He isn't given anything.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A piece of garlic.
3. What activity does Lucy begin to do at night during Mina's visit?
(c) Sleep talking.
4. What items does Harker use the first time he tries to kill Dracula?
(a) A gun.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A broken piece of wood.
5. When Dracula and Harker first stay up all night talking, what causes Dracula to abruptly end the conversation?
(a) He spills coffee all over himself and decides just to go to bed.
(b) He has another meeting to go to and has to leave early.
(c) The sunrise.
(d) He gets angry at one of the servants for dropping something.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is expected to happen to the Russian ship that is out at sea when a major weather event occurs?
2. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
3. When Mina finds Lucy in the middle of the night, where is she?
4. Who awakens Harker from his nap when the Count is supposedly away from his home?
5. What happens to Lucy's health after her encounter with the stranger during a sleepwalking episode?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Russian ship's log say has happened to the crew?
2. What causes Renfield's outbursts as Lucy lies dying?
3. How does Dracula respond to the crucifix Harker wears around his neck?
4. Between Lucy and Mina, which woman is considered to be more beautiful?
5. Who is Mr. Swales?
6. What does Harker tell Mina that his experience at Dracula's castle done to him?
7. Why doesn't Harker want Dracula to know that he is afraid of him while being held captive?
8. What initial impression does Dr. Seward's description of Mr. Renfield leave with the reader?
9. What major physical changes does Lucy go through right before her death?
10. As Harker is about to be seduced during his captivity by the three female vampires, what is he thinking of that makes him feel a bit guilty?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)