|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Holmwood looks at Lucy after she dies, what does he notice?
(a) That she is holding a letter in her hand.
(b) That she was pregnant before she died.
(c) That she looks more robust and beautiful than ever.
(d) That she was very sick before she died.
2. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
(a) A picture of a house in London.
(b) A package.
(c) A letter.
(d) A silver crucifix.
3. Who awakens Harker from his nap when the Count is supposedly away from his home?
(a) A crow in the window.
(b) Three beautiful women.
(c) A woman's screams from outside.
(d) The smell of a delicious dinner being cooked.
4. After what event does Mr. Swales die?
(a) Lucy's wedding.
(b) Mina's wedding.
(d) The funeral for the sea captain.
5. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
(a) The kind of razor Harker is using.
(b) A trickle of blood on Harker's chin.
(c) The fact that Harker didn't finish all of his breakfast.
(d) The mirror Harker is holding.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Dracula request Harker write a letter to during his captivity?
2. What strange ship does Mina see entering the harbor while she is visiting Lucy?
3. During Harker's captivity in Dracula's home, what two items does he toss out of a window (for the gypsies)?
4. How does Stoker convey the events of what happens in Chapter 1?
5. When does Lucy plan to marry Holmwood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What major physical changes does Lucy go through right before her death?
2. What does Harker's choice to give Mina his journal demonstrate?
3. Between Lucy and Mina, which woman is considered to be more beautiful?
4. What does the letter from the Budapest hospital say about Harker's condition?
5. Why doesn't Harker want Dracula to know that he is afraid of him while being held captive?
6. What about Lucy's nighttime behavior during Mina's visit is so troubling?
7. What disturbing sight does Harker see outside of his window during his captivity at Dracula's home?
8. What does Harker find suspicious about his meals during his initial visit to Dracula's home?
9. What is the reason behind Van Helsing's decision to put garlic up around Lucy's room?
10. What extraordinary power does Count Dracula's driver seem to have?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)