|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Harker and Mina living when they return from Budapest?
(a) With Lucy.
(b) In the home of Harker's boss.
(c) In a hotel until they can save money to buy a real house.
(d) In Mina's mother's home.
2. What does Van Helsing's telegram to Seward say?
(a) That a guard be sent to Lucy that night.
(b) That more garlic is needed as soon as possible.
(c) That Lucy has died in her sleep.
(d) That Lucy has been found writing letters to Dracula.
3. When Dracula and Harker first stay up all night talking, what causes Dracula to abruptly end the conversation?
(a) The sunrise.
(b) He has another meeting to go to and has to leave early.
(c) He gets angry at one of the servants for dropping something.
(d) He spills coffee all over himself and decides just to go to bed.
4. What happens to Lucy's health after her encounter with the stranger during a sleepwalking episode?
(a) She finally begins to sleep through the night.
(b) She becomes pale and weak.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Her energy level really increases.
5. Who proposes marriage to Lucy?
(a) Dr. John Seward.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Arthur Holmwood.
(d) Mr. Quincey Morris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. John Seward do?
2. Who awakens Harker from his nap when the Count is supposedly away from his home?
3. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
4. How does Harker describe Dracula's physical appearance during his initial visit to meet him?
5. What items does Harker use the first time he tries to kill Dracula?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the West's view of Eastern Europe at the time Dracula was written?
2. Why doesn't Harker want Dracula to know that he is afraid of him while being held captive?
3. What makes Harker certain that Dracula is going to kill him during his captivity?
4. What does Harker find suspicious about his meals during his initial visit to Dracula's home?
5. What extraordinary power does Count Dracula's driver seem to have?
6. Who is Mr. Swales?
7. What is the reason behind Van Helsing's decision to put garlic up around Lucy's room?
8. What does Harker tell Mina that his experience at Dracula's castle done to him?
9. How does Dracula respond to the crucifix Harker wears around his neck?
10. What does Harker's choice to give Mina his journal demonstrate?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)