|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's third medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
(d) No one, only Van Helsing.
2. Where does Lucy live when Mina goes to visit her?
(a) Whitby, Yorkshire.
(c) Bartleby, Yorkshire.
3. What does Harker do when he realizes the Count is away from his home during Harker's captivity?
(a) He looks for secret passages in the church.
(b) He looks for a horse he can ride away from the farm.
(c) He writes letters and sends them by carrier pigeons.
(d) He explores more of the castle.
4. Who does Renfield keep claiming to speak to during his escape from the asylum?
(a) Someone named "Master."
(d) An angel on his shoulder.
5. Who is Lucy?
(a) A servant of Dracula's.
(b) The innkeeper's wife at the hotel near Dracula's home.
(c) Harker's daughter.
(d) A friend of Mina's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the urgent telegram that Van Helsing sends to Seward?
2. What kind of animals surrounds Harker's coach when he is being taken to meet Count Dracula for the first time?
3. What living things does Renfield eat?
4. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
5. What item does Van Helsing place around Lucy's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Van Helsing say needs to be done to Lucy in order for her to be set freed from being a vampire?
2. What is the reason behind Van Helsing's decision to put garlic up around Lucy's room?
3. What about Lucy's nighttime behavior during Mina's visit is so troubling?
4. What favors does Mina ask of the team before they depart to meet Dracula's ship after she has been bitten?
5. What tools does Mina use to deduce where Dracula goes once he is back on land?
6. What does Renfield say about how he specifically got his injuries from Dracula?
7. In the final chapter, what does Van Helsing place around Dracula's tomb and castle to prevent the Count from entering?
8. How is the vampire Lucy killed?
9. Who ultimately kills vampire Lucy?
10. What is the reader supposed to assume is happening to the children of London at night after Lucy dies?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)