|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cargo is the Russian ship carrying?
(a) Gold treasure.
(b) Lots of ancient maps.
(c) Fifty large wooden boxes.
(d) Boxes and boxes of secret books.
2. Who is forbidden to kiss Lucy right before she dies?
(b) Van Helsing.
3. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
(a) A separate letter for his fiancée.
(b) A secret plea for help.
(c) Money to help pay for his escape.
(d) Code with directions of finding Dracula's home.
4. What animal comes off of the Russian ship?
(a) A black panther.
(b) A tropical bird.
(c) A large bat.
(d) A large dog.
5. What happens to the urgent telegram that Van Helsing sends to Seward?
(a) It goes astray.
(b) It gets too wet in the rain to read.
(c) It is gibberish so Seward can't respond.
(d) The messenger is a vampire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part changes in Lucy that causes Van Helsing and Seward to become increasingly disturbed about their patient?
2. Who does Renfield keep claiming to speak to during his escape from the asylum?
3. What major weather event occurs while Mina is visiting Lucy?
4. What is the source of Seward's depression?
5. Who removes important items from Lucy's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reader supposed to assume is happening to the children of London at night after Lucy dies?
2. What major physical changes does Lucy go through right before her death?
3. Why doesn't the vampire-hunting team want to break into Dracula's Piccadilly house?
4. What prayer does Mina ask her husband to read aloud?
5. What does Mina conclude about how Dracula will be trying to get home?
6. Why is Dracula's destruction of the property in Seward's office not a total loss to the vampire-hunting team?
7. Why does Renfield manage to get a rare night of sleep after being stabbed?
8. Why does Seward agree to share his diary with Mina?
9. What does the mark on Mina's head from the holy wafer symbolize?
10. Between Lucy and Mina, which woman is considered to be more beautiful?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)