|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to see Lucy right before she dies?
(b) Van Helsing.
2. What item does Van Helsing place around Lucy's room?
(a) Goblets of holy water.
(b) Dried flowers.
3. How does Harker attempt his first escape from Dracula's home?
(a) By digging a tunnel out of his room.
(b) By making a run for it on horseback.
(c) By sneaking out in the middle of the night.
(d) By climbing down the castle walls.
4. How does Harker deal with realizing he is being held captive by Dracula?
(a) He considers how he can kill himself.
(b) He panics and yells all the time.
(c) He refuses to come out of his room.
(d) He stays calms and begins planning.
5. After what event does Mr. Swales die?
(a) The funeral for the sea captain.
(c) Mina's wedding.
(d) Lucy's wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What features does the figure hovering over Lucy have when she is out sleepwalking?
2. What animal comes off of the Russian ship?
3. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
4. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's fourth medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
5. What kind of animals surrounds Harker's coach when he is being taken to meet Count Dracula for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dracula's lack of a reflection in Harper's shaving mirror particularly symbolic and important?
2. What extraordinary power does Count Dracula's driver seem to have?
3. What does the team take Mina's first hypnosis session to mean?
4. What happens to Lucy's mother after Van Helsing's telegram goes astray?
5. What tools does Mina use to deduce where Dracula goes once he is back on land?
6. Why does Van Helsing put a holy wafer on Mina's forehead after she has been bitten by Dracula?
7. What does the letter from the Budapest hospital say about Harker's condition?
8. What favors does Mina ask of the team before they depart to meet Dracula's ship after she has been bitten?
9. How does Lucy respond to the transfusions that Van Helsing orders?
10. How does Dracula respond to the crucifix Harker wears around his neck?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)