|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Van Helsing place around Lucy's neck during and after her treatment?
(b) A large jewel.
(c) A crucifix necklace.
(d) A thick scarf.
2. How is Dracula carried out of the castle after Harker attempts to kill him the first time?
(a) He walks out on his own.
(b) In a stagecoach.
(c) In a coffin.
(d) He is carried out by very large bats.
3. Where does Dracula's name come from?
(a) The Latin "draco," which means both "dragon" and "evil."
(b) The Spanish "dracar," which means to suck blood.
(c) It's just a word Stoker made up on his own.
(d) The French "dracier," which means to live forever.
4. Who is Mr. Hawkins?
(a) Harker's employer.
(b) Dracula's neighbor.
(c) Harker's neighbor.
(d) Dracula's boss.
5. Who is Mina?
(a) Dracula's servant.
(b) The innkeeper's wife.
(c) One of Dracula's female friends.
(d) Harker's fiancée.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the status of Lucy's mother's health while Mina is in Budapest?
2. Where does Count Dracula live?
3. After what event does Mr. Swales die?
4. How does Harker describe Dracula's physical appearance during his initial visit to meet him?
5. Who comes to see Lucy right before she dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harker's choice to give Mina his journal demonstrate?
2. What is the reader supposed to assume is happening to the children of London at night after Lucy dies?
3. What features of Dracula's new home in England create a sense of foreboding and unease for both Harker and the reader?
4. Why doesn't Harker want Dracula to know that he is afraid of him while being held captive?
5. What was the West's view of Eastern Europe at the time Dracula was written?
6. What does the fair-haired female vampire accuse Dracula of when he stops her from biting Harker after he is nearly seduced during Dracula's absence?
7. Where is Lucy and Mina's favorite place to sit?
8. Which two characters are under Dracula's mind control at the time that Harker is committed to the Budapest hospital?
9. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula's coach driver?
10. Who is Mr. Swales?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)