|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Van Helsing's telegram to Seward say?
(a) That more garlic is needed as soon as possible.
(b) That Lucy has been found writing letters to Dracula.
(c) That a guard be sent to Lucy that night.
(d) That Lucy has died in her sleep.
2. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's first medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
(a) Dr. John Seward.
(c) Arthur Holmwood.
3. Who is Lucy?
(a) Harker's daughter.
(b) The innkeeper's wife at the hotel near Dracula's home.
(c) A friend of Mina's.
(d) A servant of Dracula's.
4. Where does Count Dracula live?
(a) In a castle.
(b) In a defiled church.
(c) On a ship.
(d) On a farm.
5. Whose marriage proposal does Lucy accept?
(a) Arthur Holmwood's.
(b) She accepts no marriage proposals.
(c) Dr. John Seward's.
(d) Mr. Quincey Morris'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What items does Harker use the first time he tries to kill Dracula?
2. What does Mina hope will assist Harker once he returns home?
3. Who is Mr. Hawkins?
4. What major weather event occurs while Mina is visiting Lucy?
5. What is the status of Holmwood's father's health while Mina is in Budapest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the letter from the Budapest hospital say about Harker's condition?
2. Where is Lucy and Mina's favorite place to sit?
3. Why is Dracula's lack of a reflection in Harper's shaving mirror particularly symbolic and important?
4. What happens to Lucy's mother after Van Helsing's telegram goes astray?
5. How does Harker react to the innkeeper's wife's gift for protection when she learns he is on a journey to see Count Dracula?
6. What makes Harker certain that Dracula is going to kill him during his captivity?
7. What is the reader supposed to assume is happening to the children of London at night after Lucy dies?
8. What disturbing sight does Harker see outside of his window during his captivity at Dracula's home?
9. What extraordinary power does Count Dracula's driver seem to have?
10. Why does Renfield manage to get a rare night of sleep after being stabbed?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)