|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harker deal with realizing he is being held captive by Dracula?
(a) He considers how he can kill himself.
(b) He stays calms and begins planning.
(c) He refuses to come out of his room.
(d) He panics and yells all the time.
2. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
(a) That he appears to have some kind of speech impediment.
(b) That he has a great sense of humor.
(c) That he is rude and impersonal.
(d) That he is formal and courteous.
3. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling from?
4. After what event does Mr. Swales die?
(a) Lucy's wedding.
(b) The funeral for the sea captain.
(d) Mina's wedding.
5. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
(a) The kind of razor Harker is using.
(b) A trickle of blood on Harker's chin.
(c) The mirror Harker is holding.
(d) The fact that Harker didn't finish all of his breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cargo is the Russian ship carrying?
2. When do Mina and Harker get married?
3. What does Van Helsing ask from Seward after Lucy's death?
4. To whom does Dracula request Harker write a letter to during his captivity?
5. What does Mina do to keep Lucy from sleepwalking again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harker react to the innkeeper's wife's gift for protection when she learns he is on a journey to see Count Dracula?
2. Where is Lucy and Mina's favorite place to sit?
3. What extraordinary power does Count Dracula's driver seem to have?
4. What initial impression does Dr. Seward's description of Mr. Renfield leave with the reader?
5. What does Harker tell Mina that his experience at Dracula's castle done to him?
6. What about Lucy's nighttime behavior during Mina's visit is so troubling?
7. What does the letter from the Budapest hospital say about Harker's condition?
8. Why doesn't Harker want Dracula to know that he is afraid of him while being held captive?
9. How does Lucy respond to the transfusions that Van Helsing orders?
10. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula's coach driver?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)