|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dracula and Harker first stay up all night talking, what causes Dracula to abruptly end the conversation?
(a) He gets angry at one of the servants for dropping something.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) He has another meeting to go to and has to leave early.
(d) He spills coffee all over himself and decides just to go to bed.
2. In what year was "Dracula" written?
(b) No one knows for sure.
3. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
(a) That he has a great sense of humor.
(b) That he is formal and courteous.
(c) That he appears to have some kind of speech impediment.
(d) That he is rude and impersonal.
4. During their late night chats when Harker is being held hostage, what country's laws does Count Dracula seem particularly interested in?
5. What happens to Mr. Hawkins shortly after Harker and Mina return from abroad?
(a) He dies.
(b) He decides he doesn't like Harker anymore.
(c) He goes insane.
(d) He is kidnapped.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harker attempt his first escape from Dracula's home?
2. What does Dr. John Seward do?
3. During Harker's captivity in Dracula's home, what two items does he toss out of a window (for the gypsies)?
4. What major weather event occurs while Mina is visiting Lucy?
5. What change does Mina notice about Lucy after her sleepwalking episode?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Harker is about to be seduced during his captivity by the three female vampires, what is he thinking of that makes him feel a bit guilty?
2. What does the fair-haired female vampire accuse Dracula of when he stops her from biting Harker after he is nearly seduced during Dracula's absence?
3. How does Dracula respond to the crucifix Harker wears around his neck?
4. What about Lucy's nighttime behavior during Mina's visit is so troubling?
5. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula's coach driver?
6. How does Lucy respond to the transfusions that Van Helsing orders?
7. Who is Mr. Swales?
8. What makes Harker certain that Dracula is going to kill him during his captivity?
9. Why does Renfield manage to get a rare night of sleep after being stabbed?
10. Why is Dracula's lack of a reflection in Harper's shaving mirror particularly symbolic and important?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)