|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mina go to Budapest?
(a) To marry Harker.
(b) To take care of Harker.
(c) To try to meet Dracula for herself.
(d) To visit her sick mother.
2. What is the status of Lucy's mother's health while Mina is in Budapest?
(a) She is going insane.
(b) She is very ill with a bad heart.
(c) She is very strong and helps to take care of Lucy.
(d) She has pneumonia.
3. When Holmwood looks at Lucy after she dies, what does he notice?
(a) That she was very sick before she died.
(b) That she is holding a letter in her hand.
(c) That she was pregnant before she died.
(d) That she looks more robust and beautiful than ever.
4. What is the source of Seward's depression?
(a) His alcoholism.
(b) Lucy's refusal to marry him.
(c) His mounting debts.
(d) His horrible job in the asylum.
5. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
(a) A secret plea for help.
(b) A separate letter for his fiancée.
(c) Code with directions of finding Dracula's home.
(d) Money to help pay for his escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Harker realize he is Dracula's prisoner at the end of Chapter 2?
2. What animal comes off of the Russian ship?
3. After what event does Mr. Swales die?
4. What items does Harker use the first time he tries to kill Dracula?
5. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harker tell Mina that his experience at Dracula's castle done to him?
2. What is the reader supposed to assume is happening to the children of London at night after Lucy dies?
3. What is the reason behind Van Helsing's decision to put garlic up around Lucy's room?
4. What does the Russian ship's log say has happened to the crew?
5. What initial impression does Dr. Seward's description of Mr. Renfield leave with the reader?
6. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula's coach driver?
7. What about Lucy's nighttime behavior during Mina's visit is so troubling?
8. Why doesn't Harker want Dracula to know that he is afraid of him while being held captive?
9. What major physical changes does Lucy go through right before her death?
10. What does Harker's choice to give Mina his journal demonstrate?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)