|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's fourth medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
(a) Quincey Morris.
(c) Van Helsing.
2. What living things does Renfield eat?
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Small birds.
3. How does Stoker convey the events of what happens in Chapter 1?
(a) Through Dracula's perspective.
(b) Through Harker's journal entries.
(c) Through Dracula's journal entries.
(d) Through the journal of Harker's personal servant.
4. After what event does Mr. Swales die?
(a) The funeral for the sea captain.
(b) Mina's wedding.
(d) Lucy's wedding.
5. Who is Lord Godalming?
(a) Holmwood's rich uncle.
(b) Holmwood; it's his new title after his father's death.
(c) The mayor of the town.
(d) Dracula's secret name.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harker react to Dracula's physical touch?
2. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
3. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
4. What features does the figure hovering over Lucy have when she is out sleepwalking?
5. During Harker's captivity in Dracula's home, what two items does he toss out of a window (for the gypsies)?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about Lucy's nighttime behavior during Mina's visit is so troubling?
2. What disturbing sight does Harker see outside of his window during his captivity at Dracula's home?
3. Who is Mr. Swales?
4. Between Lucy and Mina, which woman is considered to be more beautiful?
5. What does the fair-haired female vampire accuse Dracula of when he stops her from biting Harker after he is nearly seduced during Dracula's absence?
6. What is the reader supposed to assume is happening to the children of London at night after Lucy dies?
7. What makes Harker certain that Dracula is going to kill him during his captivity?
8. How does Dracula respond to the crucifix Harker wears around his neck?
9. What causes Renfield's outbursts as Lucy lies dying?
10. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula's coach driver?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)