|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of strange room does Harker find in Dracula's home that he later takes a nap in?
(a) A room with a fireplace that finally has some heat in it.
(b) A basement that has been decorated and furnished very nicely.
(c) A very pleasant and relaxing room.
(d) A room off the barn that has a secret passage.
2. In what year was "Dracula" written?
(b) No one knows for sure.
3. Who is Lucy?
(a) The innkeeper's wife at the hotel near Dracula's home.
(b) A servant of Dracula's.
(c) Harker's daughter.
(d) A friend of Mina's.
4. How does Harker react to Dracula's physical touch?
(a) He becomes overwhelmed by nausea.
(b) He becomes very peaceful and relaxed.
(c) He's surprised that he actually can't feel Dracula's touch.
(d) He becomes very sleepy.
5. When do Mina and Harker get married?
(a) During their vacation in Scotland.
(b) They never marry.
(c) After they return to England from Budapest.
(d) Before they return to England from Budapest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mina hope will assist Harker once he returns home?
2. How does Van Helsing feel about Lucy's death?
3. Who awakens Harker from his nap when the Count is supposedly away from his home?
4. During their late night chats when Harker is being held hostage, what country's laws does Count Dracula seem particularly interested in?
5. What happens to the urgent telegram that Van Helsing sends to Seward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harker tell Mina that his experience at Dracula's castle done to him?
2. Why is Dracula's lack of a reflection in Harper's shaving mirror particularly symbolic and important?
3. Between Lucy and Mina, which woman is considered to be more beautiful?
4. What two classic traits of a vampire does Dracula demonstrate in Chapter 4 (when Harker first begins to try to escape from Dracula's castle)?
5. As Harker is about to be seduced during his captivity by the three female vampires, what is he thinking of that makes him feel a bit guilty?
6. What does Harker's choice to give Mina his journal demonstrate?
7. Which two characters are under Dracula's mind control at the time that Harker is committed to the Budapest hospital?
8. What about Lucy's nighttime behavior during Mina's visit is so troubling?
9. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula's coach driver?
10. What does Van Helsing hint to Seward that Lucy's troubles aren't over even after she dies?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)