|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was "Dracula" written?
(b) No one knows for sure.
2. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
(a) The mirror Harker is holding.
(b) The fact that Harker didn't finish all of his breakfast.
(c) A trickle of blood on Harker's chin.
(d) The kind of razor Harker is using.
3. How is Dracula carried out of the castle after Harker attempts to kill him the first time?
(a) In a coffin.
(b) He walks out on his own.
(c) He is carried out by very large bats.
(d) In a stagecoach.
4. How does Harker deal with realizing he is being held captive by Dracula?
(a) He considers how he can kill himself.
(b) He refuses to come out of his room.
(c) He panics and yells all the time.
(d) He stays calms and begins planning.
5. What strange ship does Mina see entering the harbor while she is visiting Lucy?
(a) A Russian ship.
(b) A small rowboat full of lots of people.
(c) An American cruise ship.
(d) A ship with Harker's family crest on the mast.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stoker convey the events of what happens in Chapter 1?
2. What does Van Helsing place around Lucy's neck during and after her treatment?
3. Who reveals to Dracula that Harker has tried to communicate with people outside of Dracula's home?
4. What happens to Mr. Hawkins shortly after Harker and Mina return from abroad?
5. What makes Harker realize he is Dracula's prisoner at the end of Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Harker certain that Dracula is going to kill him during his captivity?
2. What initial impression does Dr. Seward's description of Mr. Renfield leave with the reader?
3. What is the reason behind Van Helsing's decision to put garlic up around Lucy's room?
4. What major physical changes does Lucy go through right before her death?
5. Why doesn't Harker want Dracula to know that he is afraid of him while being held captive?
6. What does the Russian ship's log say has happened to the crew?
7. What is the reader supposed to assume is happening to the children of London at night after Lucy dies?
8. Which two characters are under Dracula's mind control at the time that Harker is committed to the Budapest hospital?
9. Between Lucy and Mina, which woman is considered to be more beautiful?
10. What disturbing sight does Harker see outside of his window during his captivity at Dracula's home?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)