|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which characters are the first to express concern about Harker's journey?
(a) Harker's mother.
(b) A priest.
(c) A gypsy Harker meets on the side of the road.
(d) The landlord of the inn and his wife.
2. After what event does Mr. Swales die?
(a) The funeral for the sea captain.
(c) Lucy's wedding.
(d) Mina's wedding.
3. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
(a) He puts him to work in the study.
(b) He introduces him to the other dinner guests.
(c) He locks him away as soon as possible.
(d) He shows Harker to his room and offers him dinner.
4. Who removes important items from Lucy's room?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Van Helsing.
(d) Her fiancé.
5. What items does Harker use the first time he tries to kill Dracula?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A gun.
(c) A broken piece of wood.
(d) A crucifix.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
2. What happens to Holmwood's father?
3. What is expected to happen to the Russian ship that is out at sea when a major weather event occurs?
4. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling from?
5. What does Van Helsing ask from Seward after Lucy's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Renfield manage to get a rare night of sleep after being stabbed?
2. What about Lucy's nighttime behavior during Mina's visit is so troubling?
3. What does the fair-haired female vampire accuse Dracula of when he stops her from biting Harker after he is nearly seduced during Dracula's absence?
4. What does Van Helsing hint to Seward that Lucy's troubles aren't over even after she dies?
5. What does Harker find suspicious about his meals during his initial visit to Dracula's home?
6. Between Lucy and Mina, which woman is considered to be more beautiful?
7. As Harker is about to be seduced during his captivity by the three female vampires, what is he thinking of that makes him feel a bit guilty?
8. How does Dracula respond to the crucifix Harker wears around his neck?
9. What does the letter from the Budapest hospital say about Harker's condition?
10. Who is Mr. Swales?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)