Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major weather event occurs while Mina is visiting Lucy?
(a) A fire storm.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A terrible storm.
(d) A tornado.
2. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
(a) As a "fun and joyous holiday" for everyone.
(b) When "all evil things in the world will have their sway."
(c) As a "celebratory day of feasting" when people get married.
(d) As a "stoic and silent day of penance" for all adults.
3. How does Stoker convey the events of what happens in Chapter 1?
(a) Through Dracula's journal entries.
(b) Through Dracula's perspective.
(c) Through Harker's journal entries.
(d) Through the journal of Harker's personal servant.
4. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
(a) A silver crucifix.
(b) A package.
(c) A picture of a house in London.
(d) A letter.
5. What activity does Lucy begin to do at night during Mina's visit?
(a) Sleep talking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is expected to happen to the Russian ship that is out at sea when a major weather event occurs?
2. How is Dracula carried out of the castle after Harker attempts to kill him the first time?
3. What does Van Helsing place around Lucy's neck during and after her treatment?
4. What is the state of Count Dracula's home at first glance?
5. What cargo is the Russian ship carrying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lucy's mother after Van Helsing's telegram goes astray?
2. Who ultimately kills vampire Lucy?
3. What does the Russian ship's log say has happened to the crew?
4. What does Van Helsing say needs to be done to Lucy in order for her to be set freed from being a vampire?
5. What does Harker tell Mina that his experience at Dracula's castle done to him?
6. What does the mark on Mina's head from the holy wafer symbolize?
7. What favors does Mina ask of the team before they depart to meet Dracula's ship after she has been bitten?
8. Why is Dracula's lack of a reflection in Harper's shaving mirror particularly symbolic and important?
9. What tools does Mina use to deduce where Dracula goes once he is back on land?
10. Why doesn't Harker want Dracula to know that he is afraid of him while being held captive?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)