|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is forbidden to kiss Lucy right before she dies?
(b) Van Helsing.
2. Where does Lucy live when Mina goes to visit her?
(a) Whitby, Yorkshire.
(b) Bartleby, Yorkshire.
3. During Harker's captivity in Dracula's home, what two items does he toss out of a window (for the gypsies)?
(a) A letter and a silver crucifix.
(b) A letter and a piece of expensive cloth.
(c) A letter and a gold coin.
(d) A gold coin and his crucifix necklace.
4. Who proposes marriage to Lucy?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Mr. Quincey Morris.
(c) Arthur Holmwood.
(d) Dr. John Seward.
5. What kind of animals surrounds Harker's coach when he is being taken to meet Count Dracula for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harker attempt his first escape from Dracula's home?
2. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling to?
3. How does Harker describe Dracula's physical appearance during his initial visit to meet him?
4. How does Stoker convey the events of what happens in Chapter 1?
5. When Holmwood looks at Lucy after she dies, what does he notice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two classic traits of a vampire does Dracula demonstrate in Chapter 4 (when Harker first begins to try to escape from Dracula's castle)?
2. What happens to Lucy's mother after Van Helsing's telegram goes astray?
3. As Harker is about to be seduced during his captivity by the three female vampires, what is he thinking of that makes him feel a bit guilty?
4. What initial impression does Dr. Seward's description of Mr. Renfield leave with the reader?
5. How does Harker react to the innkeeper's wife's gift for protection when she learns he is on a journey to see Count Dracula?
6. What does Harker find suspicious about his meals during his initial visit to Dracula's home?
7. What causes Renfield's outbursts as Lucy lies dying?
8. What is the reader supposed to assume is happening to the children of London at night after Lucy dies?
9. What about Lucy's nighttime behavior during Mina's visit is so troubling?
10. What features of Dracula's new home in England create a sense of foreboding and unease for both Harker and the reader?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)