|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling to?
2. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
(a) A letter.
(b) A silver crucifix.
(c) A picture of a house in London.
(d) A package.
3. How does Lucy look when Professor Van Helsing arrives to examine her after she has been bitten?
(a) She is full of energy.
(b) She is very gaunt and pale.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) Her hair is turning gray and falling out.
4. When Mina is visiting Lucy, why does Mina become increasingly anxious about Harker?
(a) Because she has heard rumors that he's having an affair.
(b) Because she decides she doesn't want to marry him anymore and wants to tell him.
(c) Because she hasn't heard from him in a while.
(d) Because she is falling in love with someone else and wants to talk to him.
5. What happens to Mr. Hawkins shortly after Harker and Mina return from abroad?
(a) He dies.
(b) He is kidnapped.
(c) He decides he doesn't like Harker anymore.
(d) He goes insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What living things does Renfield eat?
2. What does Professor Van Helsing decide must be done as a treatment for Lucy?
3. What animal has reportedly escaped from a local zoo?
4. What does Mina hope will assist Harker once he returns home?
5. Why does Mina go to Budapest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Van Helsing hint to Seward that Lucy's troubles aren't over even after she dies?
2. What does the mark on Mina's head from the holy wafer symbolize?
3. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula's coach driver?
4. What does Mina tell the vampire-hunting team she sees the first time she undergoes hypnosis?
5. How does Lucy respond to the transfusions that Van Helsing orders?
6. Who is Mr. Swales?
7. How does Seward try to draw Renfield out in conversation?
8. What disturbing sight does Harker see outside of his window during his captivity at Dracula's home?
9. What does Harker tell Mina that his experience at Dracula's castle done to him?
10. How does Seward react to the idea that Lucy is a vampire after her death?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)