|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
(a) He decides to become a vampire, too.
(b) He goes insane.
(c) He falls unconscious.
(d) He frees himself by jumping out the window.
2. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
(a) A secret plea for help.
(b) Code with directions of finding Dracula's home.
(c) Money to help pay for his escape.
(d) A separate letter for his fiancée.
3. Who proposes marriage to Lucy?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Dr. John Seward.
(c) Arthur Holmwood.
(d) Mr. Quincey Morris.
4. What does Mina do to keep Lucy from sleepwalking again?
(a) She sends her off to a nunnery.
(b) She ties a rope around her.
(c) She chains her to the bed.
(d) She locks her in at night.
5. Who does Renfield keep claiming to speak to during his escape from the asylum?
(a) Someone named "Master."
(c) An angel on his shoulder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose marriage proposal does Lucy accept?
2. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
3. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
4. What features does the figure hovering over Lucy have when she is out sleepwalking?
5. What happens to the urgent telegram that Van Helsing sends to Seward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disturbing sight does Harker see outside of his window during his captivity at Dracula's home?
2. What is the reader supposed to assume is happening to the children of London at night after Lucy dies?
3. What causes Renfield's outbursts as Lucy lies dying?
4. What makes Harker certain that Dracula is going to kill him during his captivity?
5. As Harker is about to be seduced during his captivity by the three female vampires, what is he thinking of that makes him feel a bit guilty?
6. What about Lucy's nighttime behavior during Mina's visit is so troubling?
7. What initial impression does Dr. Seward's description of Mr. Renfield leave with the reader?
8. What extraordinary power does Count Dracula's driver seem to have?
9. What two classic traits of a vampire does Dracula demonstrate in Chapter 4 (when Harker first begins to try to escape from Dracula's castle)?
10. What does the Russian ship's log say has happened to the crew?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)