|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mina go to Budapest?
(a) To take care of Harker.
(b) To visit her sick mother.
(c) To try to meet Dracula for herself.
(d) To marry Harker.
2. When Mina finds Lucy in the middle of the night, where is she?
(a) At their favorite spot.
(b) Boarding a ship.
(c) Wandering the streets of town.
(d) Heading into the ocean.
3. Who attacks Seward with a knife during Lucy's illness?
(b) Van Helsing.
4. What is expected to happen to the Russian ship that is out at sea when a major weather event occurs?
(a) It is expected to burn to ashes.
(b) It is expected to wreck.
(c) It is expected to smash on rocks.
(d) It is expected to be swallowed by a whirlpool.
5. Who proposes marriage to Lucy?
(a) Mr. Quincey Morris.
(b) Arthur Holmwood.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Dr. John Seward.
6. What living things does Renfield eat?
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Small birds.
7. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
(a) A picture of a house in London.
(b) A package.
(c) A silver crucifix.
(d) A letter.
8. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's third medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
(c) No one, only Van Helsing.
9. What body part changes in Lucy that causes Van Helsing and Seward to become increasingly disturbed about their patient?
(a) Her teeth.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her back.
(d) Her face.
10. What kind of feeling is overwhelming Lucy while Mina is in Budapest?
(a) She is worried because she has no feelings anymore.
(b) A feeling of being overwhelmed with wedding planning.
(c) A sense of happiness.
(d) A sense of darkness and fear.
11. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling from?
12. What gift of protection is Harker given during his initial voyage to conduct business for Count Dracula?
(a) A piece of garlic.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A rosary.
(d) He isn't given anything.
13. When Holmwood looks at Lucy after she dies, what does he notice?
(a) That she was very sick before she died.
(b) That she is holding a letter in her hand.
(c) That she was pregnant before she died.
(d) That she looks more robust and beautiful than ever.
14. After what event does Mr. Swales die?
(a) The funeral for the sea captain.
(c) Mina's wedding.
(d) Lucy's wedding.
15. During Harker's first escape attempt from Dracula's house, what does he find inside fifty great boxes?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) Nothing; the boxes are empty.
(d) Strange books in a language he has never seen before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Dracula tell Harker he is planning to move to during Harker's first visit to his home?
2. When Mina is visiting Lucy, why does Mina become increasingly anxious about Harker?
3. Where are Harker and Mina living when they return from Budapest?
4. What does Mina do to keep Lucy from sleepwalking again?
5. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)