|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift of protection is Harker given during his initial voyage to conduct business for Count Dracula?
(a) A rosary.
(b) He isn't given anything.
(c) A piece of garlic.
(d) A crucifix.
2. How does Harker attempt his first escape from Dracula's home?
(a) By sneaking out in the middle of the night.
(b) By climbing down the castle walls.
(c) By making a run for it on horseback.
(d) By digging a tunnel out of his room.
3. Who removes important items from Lucy's room?
(a) Her fiancé.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Van Helsing.
4. What items does Harker use the first time he tries to kill Dracula?
(a) A gun.
(b) A broken piece of wood.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A shovel.
5. What does Professor Van Helsing decide must be done as a treatment for Lucy?
(a) She needs blood transfusions.
(b) She needs to be on bed rest to protect the baby.
(c) She must be force-fed.
(d) She can eat nothing but vegetables for a week.
6. Where does Dracula's name come from?
(a) The Spanish "dracar," which means to suck blood.
(b) It's just a word Stoker made up on his own.
(c) The French "dracier," which means to live forever.
(d) The Latin "draco," which means both "dragon" and "evil."
7. How is Dracula carried out of the castle after Harker attempts to kill him the first time?
(a) He walks out on his own.
(b) In a stagecoach.
(c) He is carried out by very large bats.
(d) In a coffin.
8. In what year was "Dracula" written?
(a) No one knows for sure.
9. What strange ship does Mina see entering the harbor while she is visiting Lucy?
(a) A Russian ship.
(b) A small rowboat full of lots of people.
(c) A ship with Harker's family crest on the mast.
(d) An American cruise ship.
10. Who is Mina?
(a) One of Dracula's female friends.
(b) The innkeeper's wife.
(c) Harker's fiancée.
(d) Dracula's servant.
11. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's second medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
(a) Dr. John Seward.
(d) Arthur Holmwood.
12. Where does Lucy live when Mina goes to visit her?
(c) Whitby, Yorkshire.
(d) Bartleby, Yorkshire.
13. To whom does Dracula request Harker write a letter to during his captivity?
(a) His fiancée.
(b) The Duke of Transylvania, who is also Dracula's brother.
(c) Mr. Hawkins.
(d) The mayor of London.
14. What frequent activity do Lucy and Mind engage in during Mina's visit?
(a) Writing letters to their fiancés.
(b) Getting pedicures.
(c) Cooking big meals together.
(d) Taking frequent walks.
15. When do Mina and Harker get married?
(a) During their vacation in Scotland.
(b) After they return to England from Budapest.
(c) They never marry.
(d) Before they return to England from Budapest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's first medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
2. Why does Mina go to Budapest?
3. When Holmwood looks at Lucy after she dies, what does he notice?
4. How does Stoker convey the events of what happens in Chapter 1?
5. What does Mina hope will assist Harker once he returns home?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)