|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After what event does Mr. Swales die?
(a) The funeral for the sea captain.
(b) Mina's wedding.
(c) Lucy's wedding.
2. Who comes to see Lucy right before she dies?
(b) Van Helsing.
3. Who proposes marriage to Lucy?
(a) Arthur Holmwood.
(b) Mr. Quincey Morris.
(c) Dr. John Seward.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
4. What activity does Lucy begin to do at night during Mina's visit?
(a) Sleep talking.
5. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
(a) There are no mirrors anywhere.
(b) His blade is too dull.
(c) Someone steals his razors.
(d) He is too nervous to keep his hand steady.
6. What country does Dracula tell Harker he is planning to move to during Harker's first visit to his home?
7. What cargo is the Russian ship carrying?
(a) Lots of ancient maps.
(b) Gold treasure.
(c) Boxes and boxes of secret books.
(d) Fifty large wooden boxes.
8. How is Dracula carried out of the castle after Harker attempts to kill him the first time?
(a) He is carried out by very large bats.
(b) In a stagecoach.
(c) He walks out on his own.
(d) In a coffin.
9. When does Lucy plan to marry Holmwood?
(a) A month or so after Mina and Harker get married.
(b) When her health improves.
(c) Never; she can't stand the man.
(d) In two years, as per her parents' request.
10. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
(a) That he has a great sense of humor.
(b) That he appears to have some kind of speech impediment.
(c) That he is rude and impersonal.
(d) That he is formal and courteous.
11. What does Van Helsing's telegram to Seward say?
(a) That more garlic is needed as soon as possible.
(b) That Lucy has been found writing letters to Dracula.
(c) That a guard be sent to Lucy that night.
(d) That Lucy has died in her sleep.
12. Who attacks Seward with a knife during Lucy's illness?
(d) Van Helsing.
13. What animal has reportedly escaped from a local zoo?
(a) A poisonous snake.
(b) A flock of large bats.
(c) A black panther.
(d) A large gray wolf.
14. What does Dr. John Seward do?
(a) He is head of the local lunatic asylum.
(b) He is the town doctor.
(c) He is the town psychologist.
(d) He is the town veterinarian.
15. Who is forbidden to kiss Lucy right before she dies?
(b) Van Helsing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word could best be used to describe the tone of Chapter 1?
2. When Dracula and Harker first stay up all night talking, what causes Dracula to abruptly end the conversation?
3. When do Mina and Harker get married?
4. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
5. What happens to the urgent telegram that Van Helsing sends to Seward?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)