|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change does Mina notice about Lucy after her sleepwalking episode?
(a) Her teeth have become pointy.
(b) Marks around her wrists.
(c) Some red marks on Lucy's throat.
(d) A twisted ankle.
2. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
(a) He locks him away as soon as possible.
(b) He puts him to work in the study.
(c) He introduces him to the other dinner guests.
(d) He shows Harker to his room and offers him dinner.
3. What happens to Lucy's health after her encounter with the stranger during a sleepwalking episode?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Her energy level really increases.
(c) She becomes pale and weak.
(d) She finally begins to sleep through the night.
4. When Mina finds Lucy in the middle of the night, where is she?
(a) At their favorite spot.
(b) Heading into the ocean.
(c) Wandering the streets of town.
(d) Boarding a ship.
5. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
(a) As a "celebratory day of feasting" when people get married.
(b) When "all evil things in the world will have their sway."
(c) As a "fun and joyous holiday" for everyone.
(d) As a "stoic and silent day of penance" for all adults.
6. To whom does Dracula request Harker write a letter to during his captivity?
(a) His fiancée.
(b) The mayor of London.
(c) The Duke of Transylvania, who is also Dracula's brother.
(d) Mr. Hawkins.
7. What is the status of Holmwood's father's health while Mina is in Budapest?
(a) He is dying.
(b) He has tuberculosis.
(c) He is going insane.
(d) He is very ill with a bad heart.
8. Which characters are the first to express concern about Harker's journey?
(a) A gypsy Harker meets on the side of the road.
(b) A priest.
(c) The landlord of the inn and his wife.
(d) Harker's mother.
9. What does Dracula force Harker to say in the letter he must write during his captivity?
(a) That he is very happy with Dracula.
(b) That he no longer wants to marry his fiancée.
(c) That he needs more money as soon as possible.
(d) That he is going to stay another month in Transylvania.
10. What does Mina do to keep Lucy from sleepwalking again?
(a) She ties a rope around her.
(b) She locks her in at night.
(c) She sends her off to a nunnery.
(d) She chains her to the bed.
11. How does Stoker convey the events of what happens in Chapter 1?
(a) Through Dracula's perspective.
(b) Through Harker's journal entries.
(c) Through the journal of Harker's personal servant.
(d) Through Dracula's journal entries.
12. What is the status of Lucy's mother's health while Mina is in Budapest?
(a) She has pneumonia.
(b) She is very ill with a bad heart.
(c) She is very strong and helps to take care of Lucy.
(d) She is going insane.
13. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
(a) A letter.
(b) A picture of a house in London.
(c) A package.
(d) A silver crucifix.
14. Who reveals to Dracula that Harker has tried to communicate with people outside of Dracula's home?
(a) Dracula's coach driver.
(b) The gypsies.
(c) The woman doing Harker's laundry.
(d) Dracula's servant.
15. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What cargo is the Russian ship carrying?
2. How does Harker react to Dracula's physical touch?
3. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's first medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
4. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
5. What does Van Helsing's telegram to Seward say?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)