|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attacks Seward with a knife during Lucy's illness?
(a) Van Helsing.
2. Where are Harker and Mina living when they return from Budapest?
(a) In Mina's mother's home.
(b) In the home of Harker's boss.
(c) With Lucy.
(d) In a hotel until they can save money to buy a real house.
3. What gift of protection is Harker given during his initial voyage to conduct business for Count Dracula?
(a) A rosary.
(b) He isn't given anything.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A piece of garlic.
4. When Dracula and Harker first stay up all night talking, what causes Dracula to abruptly end the conversation?
(a) He gets angry at one of the servants for dropping something.
(b) He has another meeting to go to and has to leave early.
(c) The sunrise.
(d) He spills coffee all over himself and decides just to go to bed.
5. What is the state of Count Dracula's home at first glance?
(a) It appears to be run-down and in ruins.
(b) It seems small and unimportant.
(c) It is amazingly beautiful.
(d) It comes in and out of view, like magic.
6. Who is forbidden to kiss Lucy right before she dies?
(d) Van Helsing.
7. How does Van Helsing feel about Lucy's death?
8. When do Mina and Harker get married?
(a) During their vacation in Scotland.
(b) After they return to England from Budapest.
(c) Before they return to England from Budapest.
(d) They never marry.
9. Whose marriage proposal does Lucy accept?
(a) She accepts no marriage proposals.
(b) Arthur Holmwood's.
(c) Mr. Quincey Morris'.
(d) Dr. John Seward's.
10. What living things does Renfield eat?
(a) Small birds.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
11. When Mina finds Lucy in the middle of the night, where is she?
(a) At their favorite spot.
(b) Heading into the ocean.
(c) Wandering the streets of town.
(d) Boarding a ship.
12. What happens to the urgent telegram that Van Helsing sends to Seward?
(a) It goes astray.
(b) The messenger is a vampire.
(c) It gets too wet in the rain to read.
(d) It is gibberish so Seward can't respond.
13. What activity does Lucy begin to do at night during Mina's visit?
(a) Sleep talking.
14. During Harker's first escape attempt from Dracula's house, what does he find inside fifty great boxes?
(a) Strange books in a language he has never seen before.
(b) Gold coins.
(d) Nothing; the boxes are empty.
15. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
(a) That he is rude and impersonal.
(b) That he has a great sense of humor.
(c) That he is formal and courteous.
(d) That he appears to have some kind of speech impediment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
2. What does Dr. John Seward do?
3. What frequent activity do Lucy and Mind engage in during Mina's visit?
4. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling to?
5. How does Harker react to Dracula's physical touch?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)