|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Harker think he sees on the streets of London?
(a) His dead mother.
(b) Dracula's coach driver.
2. What makes Harker realize he is Dracula's prisoner at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) His room and window suddenly have bars on them.
(b) He receives a letter from someone else advising him to escape as soon as possible.
(c) Dracula tells him so.
(d) All the windows and doors are firmly locked.
3. What animal has reportedly escaped from a local zoo?
(a) A large gray wolf.
(b) A flock of large bats.
(c) A poisonous snake.
(d) A black panther.
4. Where are Harker and Mina living when they return from Budapest?
(a) In a hotel until they can save money to buy a real house.
(b) In the home of Harker's boss.
(c) With Lucy.
(d) In Mina's mother's home.
5. During Harker's captivity in Dracula's home, what two items does he toss out of a window (for the gypsies)?
(a) A letter and a silver crucifix.
(b) A letter and a piece of expensive cloth.
(c) A gold coin and his crucifix necklace.
(d) A letter and a gold coin.
6. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
7. What item does Van Helsing place around Lucy's room?
(a) Dried flowers.
(d) Goblets of holy water.
8. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's second medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
(c) Dr. John Seward.
(d) Arthur Holmwood.
9. How does Harker react to Dracula's physical touch?
(a) He becomes very peaceful and relaxed.
(b) He's surprised that he actually can't feel Dracula's touch.
(c) He becomes overwhelmed by nausea.
(d) He becomes very sleepy.
10. What happens to Mr. Hawkins shortly after Harker and Mina return from abroad?
(a) He decides he doesn't like Harker anymore.
(b) He goes insane.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is kidnapped.
11. What activity does Lucy begin to do at night during Mina's visit?
(b) Sleep talking.
12. What kind of animals surrounds Harker's coach when he is being taken to meet Count Dracula for the first time?
13. What does Mina do to keep Lucy from sleepwalking again?
(a) She locks her in at night.
(b) She chains her to the bed.
(c) She ties a rope around her.
(d) She sends her off to a nunnery.
14. After what event does Mr. Swales die?
(a) Lucy's wedding.
(b) The funeral for the sea captain.
(c) Mina's wedding.
15. What animal comes off of the Russian ship?
(a) A tropical bird.
(b) A black panther.
(c) A large bat.
(d) A large dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What living things does Renfield eat?
2. When does Lucy plan to marry Holmwood?
3. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's fourth medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
4. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
5. Where does Lucy live when Mina goes to visit her?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)