Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major weather event occurs while Mina is visiting Lucy?
(a) A fire storm.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A terrible storm.
(d) A tornado.
2. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
(a) As a "fun and joyous holiday" for everyone.
(b) When "all evil things in the world will have their sway."
(c) As a "celebratory day of feasting" when people get married.
(d) As a "stoic and silent day of penance" for all adults.
3. How does Stoker convey the events of what happens in Chapter 1?
(a) Through Dracula's journal entries.
(b) Through Dracula's perspective.
(c) Through Harker's journal entries.
(d) Through the journal of Harker's personal servant.
4. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
(a) A silver crucifix.
(b) A package.
(c) A picture of a house in London.
(d) A letter.
5. What activity does Lucy begin to do at night during Mina's visit?
(a) Sleep talking.
6. What is expected to happen to the Russian ship that is out at sea when a major weather event occurs?
(a) It is expected to burn to ashes.
(b) It is expected to wreck.
(c) It is expected to smash on rocks.
(d) It is expected to be swallowed by a whirlpool.
7. How is Dracula carried out of the castle after Harker attempts to kill him the first time?
(a) He is carried out by very large bats.
(b) In a stagecoach.
(c) He walks out on his own.
(d) In a coffin.
8. What does Van Helsing place around Lucy's neck during and after her treatment?
(a) A crucifix necklace.
(b) A large jewel.
(d) A thick scarf.
9. What is the state of Count Dracula's home at first glance?
(a) It is amazingly beautiful.
(b) It seems small and unimportant.
(c) It appears to be run-down and in ruins.
(d) It comes in and out of view, like magic.
10. What cargo is the Russian ship carrying?
(a) Boxes and boxes of secret books.
(b) Fifty large wooden boxes.
(c) Gold treasure.
(d) Lots of ancient maps.
11. Who does Harker think he sees on the streets of London?
(a) Dracula's coach driver.
(d) His dead mother.
12. What does Van Helsing ask from Seward after Lucy's death?
(a) Seward's help and loyalty in the coming days.
(b) Seward's money to help pay for the funeral.
(c) Seward's help sneaking the body out.
(d) Seward's secrecy about why she died.
13. Who reveals to Dracula that Harker has tried to communicate with people outside of Dracula's home?
(a) The woman doing Harker's laundry.
(b) Dracula's coach driver.
(c) The gypsies.
(d) Dracula's servant.
14. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
(a) He frees himself by jumping out the window.
(b) He falls unconscious.
(c) He goes insane.
(d) He decides to become a vampire, too.
15. Why does Mina go to Budapest?
(a) To try to meet Dracula for herself.
(b) To visit her sick mother.
(c) To marry Harker.
(d) To take care of Harker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lord Godalming?
2. Who does Renfield keep claiming to speak to during his escape from the asylum?
3. What animal comes off of the Russian ship?
4. What is the source of Seward's depression?
5. When do Mina and Harker get married?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)