|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's first medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
(b) Dr. John Seward.
(c) Arthur Holmwood.
2. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
(a) He falls unconscious.
(b) He goes insane.
(c) He frees himself by jumping out the window.
(d) He decides to become a vampire, too.
3. When does Lucy plan to marry Holmwood?
(a) A month or so after Mina and Harker get married.
(b) When her health improves.
(c) Never; she can't stand the man.
(d) In two years, as per her parents' request.
4. How does Van Helsing feel about Lucy's death?
5. What does Van Helsing's telegram to Seward say?
(a) That Lucy has died in her sleep.
(b) That more garlic is needed as soon as possible.
(c) That a guard be sent to Lucy that night.
(d) That Lucy has been found writing letters to Dracula.
6. During Harker's first escape attempt from Dracula's house, what does he find inside fifty great boxes?
(a) Nothing; the boxes are empty.
(c) Strange books in a language he has never seen before.
(d) Gold coins.
7. What cargo is the Russian ship carrying?
(a) Lots of ancient maps.
(b) Gold treasure.
(c) Fifty large wooden boxes.
(d) Boxes and boxes of secret books.
8. What does Harker do when he realizes the Count is away from his home during Harker's captivity?
(a) He looks for a horse he can ride away from the farm.
(b) He looks for secret passages in the church.
(c) He writes letters and sends them by carrier pigeons.
(d) He explores more of the castle.
9. Who is Mr. Hawkins?
(a) Dracula's neighbor.
(b) Harker's neighbor.
(c) Harker's employer.
(d) Dracula's boss.
10. When do Mina and Harker get married?
(a) They never marry.
(b) Before they return to England from Budapest.
(c) After they return to England from Budapest.
(d) During their vacation in Scotland.
11. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's fourth medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
(a) Van Helsing.
(c) Quincey Morris.
12. What strange ship does Mina see entering the harbor while she is visiting Lucy?
(a) A Russian ship.
(b) A small rowboat full of lots of people.
(c) An American cruise ship.
(d) A ship with Harker's family crest on the mast.
13. Who awakens Harker from his nap when the Count is supposedly away from his home?
(a) Three beautiful women.
(b) A crow in the window.
(c) A woman's screams from outside.
(d) The smell of a delicious dinner being cooked.
14. How is Dracula carried out of the castle after Harker attempts to kill him the first time?
(a) He walks out on his own.
(b) In a coffin.
(c) In a stagecoach.
(d) He is carried out by very large bats.
15. Who removes important items from Lucy's room?
(a) Her fiancé.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Van Helsing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling from?
2. When Dracula and Harker first stay up all night talking, what causes Dracula to abruptly end the conversation?
3. Who is Mina?
4. What activity does Lucy begin to do at night during Mina's visit?
5. Who does Harker think he sees on the streets of London?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)