|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frequent activity do Lucy and Mind engage in during Mina's visit?
(a) Cooking big meals together.
(b) Taking frequent walks.
(c) Writing letters to their fiancés.
(d) Getting pedicures.
2. What happens to Mr. Hawkins shortly after Harker and Mina return from abroad?
(a) He dies.
(b) He goes insane.
(c) He decides he doesn't like Harker anymore.
(d) He is kidnapped.
3. Who does Harker think he sees on the streets of London?
(b) His dead mother.
(c) Dracula's coach driver.
4. During their late night chats when Harker is being held hostage, what country's laws does Count Dracula seem particularly interested in?
5. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
(a) When "all evil things in the world will have their sway."
(b) As a "celebratory day of feasting" when people get married.
(c) As a "fun and joyous holiday" for everyone.
(d) As a "stoic and silent day of penance" for all adults.
6. What does Van Helsing's telegram to Seward say?
(a) That a guard be sent to Lucy that night.
(b) That more garlic is needed as soon as possible.
(c) That Lucy has died in her sleep.
(d) That Lucy has been found writing letters to Dracula.
7. What body part changes in Lucy that causes Van Helsing and Seward to become increasingly disturbed about their patient?
(a) Her teeth.
(b) Her back.
(c) Her face.
(d) Her hands.
8. What animal has reportedly escaped from a local zoo?
(a) A black panther.
(b) A flock of large bats.
(c) A poisonous snake.
(d) A large gray wolf.
9. Who is Mr. Hawkins?
(a) Harker's employer.
(b) Harker's neighbor.
(c) Dracula's boss.
(d) Dracula's neighbor.
10. What happens to Lucy's health after her encounter with the stranger during a sleepwalking episode?
(a) She finally begins to sleep through the night.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) She becomes pale and weak.
(d) Her energy level really increases.
11. What does Dracula force Harker to say in the letter he must write during his captivity?
(a) That he needs more money as soon as possible.
(b) That he is going to stay another month in Transylvania.
(c) That he no longer wants to marry his fiancée.
(d) That he is very happy with Dracula.
12. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling from?
13. What items does Harker use the first time he tries to kill Dracula?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A gun.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A broken piece of wood.
14. What happens to the urgent telegram that Van Helsing sends to Seward?
(a) It goes astray.
(b) The messenger is a vampire.
(c) It is gibberish so Seward can't respond.
(d) It gets too wet in the rain to read.
15. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
(a) He locks him away as soon as possible.
(b) He introduces him to the other dinner guests.
(c) He shows Harker to his room and offers him dinner.
(d) He puts him to work in the study.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Harker's captivity in Dracula's home, what two items does he toss out of a window (for the gypsies)?
2. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
3. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's fourth medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
4. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
5. When Holmwood looks at Lucy after she dies, what does he notice?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)