|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's second medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
(b) Dr. John Seward.
(c) Arthur Holmwood.
2. When Mina is visiting Lucy, why does Mina become increasingly anxious about Harker?
(a) Because she decides she doesn't want to marry him anymore and wants to tell him.
(b) Because she has heard rumors that he's having an affair.
(c) Because she hasn't heard from him in a while.
(d) Because she is falling in love with someone else and wants to talk to him.
3. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's fourth medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
(c) Quincey Morris.
(d) Van Helsing.
4. What does Mina do to keep Lucy from sleepwalking again?
(a) She chains her to the bed.
(b) She locks her in at night.
(c) She ties a rope around her.
(d) She sends her off to a nunnery.
5. What gift of protection is Harker given during his initial voyage to conduct business for Count Dracula?
(a) A rosary.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) He isn't given anything.
(d) A piece of garlic.
6. How does Stoker convey the events of what happens in Chapter 1?
(a) Through Harker's journal entries.
(b) Through the journal of Harker's personal servant.
(c) Through Dracula's perspective.
(d) Through Dracula's journal entries.
7. What almost happens to Harker after he is awoken from his nap in Dracula's home when he is being held prisoner?
(a) He almost falls out of the window.
(b) He almost dies from the cold.
(c) He is almost bitten by a female vampire.
(d) He is almost bitten by Dracula.
8. How does Van Helsing feel about Lucy's death?
9. Who does Harker think he sees on the streets of London?
(c) His dead mother.
(d) Dracula's coach driver.
10. When do Mina and Harker get married?
(a) Before they return to England from Budapest.
(b) They never marry.
(c) During their vacation in Scotland.
(d) After they return to England from Budapest.
11. What cargo is the Russian ship carrying?
(a) Boxes and boxes of secret books.
(b) Gold treasure.
(c) Lots of ancient maps.
(d) Fifty large wooden boxes.
12. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
(a) His blade is too dull.
(b) There are no mirrors anywhere.
(c) Someone steals his razors.
(d) He is too nervous to keep his hand steady.
13. When Dracula and Harker first stay up all night talking, what causes Dracula to abruptly end the conversation?
(a) He has another meeting to go to and has to leave early.
(b) He gets angry at one of the servants for dropping something.
(c) He spills coffee all over himself and decides just to go to bed.
(d) The sunrise.
14. During Harker's captivity in Dracula's home, what two items does he toss out of a window (for the gypsies)?
(a) A letter and a gold coin.
(b) A letter and a piece of expensive cloth.
(c) A letter and a silver crucifix.
(d) A gold coin and his crucifix necklace.
15. What change does Mina notice about Lucy after her sleepwalking episode?
(a) Her teeth have become pointy.
(b) Some red marks on Lucy's throat.
(c) Marks around her wrists.
(d) A twisted ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mina go to Budapest?
2. How does Harker describe Dracula's physical appearance during his initial visit to meet him?
3. What features does the figure hovering over Lucy have when she is out sleepwalking?
4. What does Van Helsing's telegram to Seward say?
5. What does Dr. John Seward do?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)