|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose marriage proposal does Lucy accept?
(a) Dr. John Seward's.
(b) Arthur Holmwood's.
(c) She accepts no marriage proposals.
(d) Mr. Quincey Morris'.
2. What does Van Helsing ask from Seward after Lucy's death?
(a) Seward's money to help pay for the funeral.
(b) Seward's help sneaking the body out.
(c) Seward's help and loyalty in the coming days.
(d) Seward's secrecy about why she died.
3. What does Van Helsing's telegram to Seward say?
(a) That Lucy has died in her sleep.
(b) That more garlic is needed as soon as possible.
(c) That a guard be sent to Lucy that night.
(d) That Lucy has been found writing letters to Dracula.
4. What strange ship does Mina see entering the harbor while she is visiting Lucy?
(a) A Russian ship.
(b) An American cruise ship.
(c) A ship with Harker's family crest on the mast.
(d) A small rowboat full of lots of people.
5. What change does Mina notice about Lucy after her sleepwalking episode?
(a) A twisted ankle.
(b) Her teeth have become pointy.
(c) Some red marks on Lucy's throat.
(d) Marks around her wrists.
6. After what event does Mr. Swales die?
(a) The funeral for the sea captain.
(c) Lucy's wedding.
(d) Mina's wedding.
7. What animal comes off of the Russian ship?
(a) A large bat.
(b) A black panther.
(c) A large dog.
(d) A tropical bird.
8. What does Dracula force Harker to say in the letter he must write during his captivity?
(a) That he is going to stay another month in Transylvania.
(b) That he is very happy with Dracula.
(c) That he needs more money as soon as possible.
(d) That he no longer wants to marry his fiancée.
9. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
(a) He shows Harker to his room and offers him dinner.
(b) He introduces him to the other dinner guests.
(c) He locks him away as soon as possible.
(d) He puts him to work in the study.
10. Who is forbidden to kiss Lucy right before she dies?
(c) Van Helsing.
11. Who is Lucy?
(a) A friend of Mina's.
(b) Harker's daughter.
(c) The innkeeper's wife at the hotel near Dracula's home.
(d) A servant of Dracula's.
12. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
(a) When "all evil things in the world will have their sway."
(b) As a "celebratory day of feasting" when people get married.
(c) As a "stoic and silent day of penance" for all adults.
(d) As a "fun and joyous holiday" for everyone.
13. Who awakens Harker from his nap when the Count is supposedly away from his home?
(a) A crow in the window.
(b) Three beautiful women.
(c) The smell of a delicious dinner being cooked.
(d) A woman's screams from outside.
14. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's fourth medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
(a) Quincey Morris.
(b) Van Helsing.
15. What gift of protection is Harker given during his initial voyage to conduct business for Count Dracula?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A piece of garlic.
(c) He isn't given anything.
(d) A rosary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What living things does Renfield eat?
2. Who does Renfield keep claiming to speak to during his escape from the asylum?
3. What is expected to happen to the Russian ship that is out at sea when a major weather event occurs?
4. When Dracula and Harker first stay up all night talking, what causes Dracula to abruptly end the conversation?
5. What is the status of Holmwood's father's health while Mina is in Budapest?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)