|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mina finds Lucy in the middle of the night, where is she?
(a) Heading into the ocean.
(b) Wandering the streets of town.
(c) At their favorite spot.
(d) Boarding a ship.
2. What happens to the urgent telegram that Van Helsing sends to Seward?
(a) It goes astray.
(b) The messenger is a vampire.
(c) It gets too wet in the rain to read.
(d) It is gibberish so Seward can't respond.
3. What activity does Lucy begin to do at night during Mina's visit?
(c) Sleep talking.
4. What is the status of Lucy's mother's health while Mina is in Budapest?
(a) She is very strong and helps to take care of Lucy.
(b) She is very ill with a bad heart.
(c) She has pneumonia.
(d) She is going insane.
5. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
(a) A trickle of blood on Harker's chin.
(b) The kind of razor Harker is using.
(c) The fact that Harker didn't finish all of his breakfast.
(d) The mirror Harker is holding.
6. What major weather event occurs while Mina is visiting Lucy?
(a) A terrible storm.
(b) A fire storm.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A tornado.
7. When Mina is visiting Lucy, why does Mina become increasingly anxious about Harker?
(a) Because she is falling in love with someone else and wants to talk to him.
(b) Because she hasn't heard from him in a while.
(c) Because she decides she doesn't want to marry him anymore and wants to tell him.
(d) Because she has heard rumors that he's having an affair.
8. What country does Dracula tell Harker he is planning to move to during Harker's first visit to his home?
9. What kind of animals surrounds Harker's coach when he is being taken to meet Count Dracula for the first time?
10. What almost happens to Harker after he is awoken from his nap in Dracula's home when he is being held prisoner?
(a) He almost falls out of the window.
(b) He is almost bitten by Dracula.
(c) He almost dies from the cold.
(d) He is almost bitten by a female vampire.
11. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's second medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
(a) Dr. John Seward.
(d) Arthur Holmwood.
12. What does Harker do when he realizes the Count is away from his home during Harker's captivity?
(a) He explores more of the castle.
(b) He looks for a horse he can ride away from the farm.
(c) He looks for secret passages in the church.
(d) He writes letters and sends them by carrier pigeons.
13. What is the state of Count Dracula's home at first glance?
(a) It is amazingly beautiful.
(b) It appears to be run-down and in ruins.
(c) It comes in and out of view, like magic.
(d) It seems small and unimportant.
14. When Holmwood looks at Lucy after she dies, what does he notice?
(a) That she was pregnant before she died.
(b) That she is holding a letter in her hand.
(c) That she looks more robust and beautiful than ever.
(d) That she was very sick before she died.
15. Who does Renfield keep claiming to speak to during his escape from the asylum?
(b) Someone named "Master."
(d) An angel on his shoulder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
2. How does Harker attempt his first escape from Dracula's home?
3. What does Mina do to keep Lucy from sleepwalking again?
4. What animal has reportedly escaped from a local zoo?
5. What does Dracula force Harker to say in the letter he must write during his captivity?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)