Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Harker realize he is Dracula's prisoner at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He receives a letter from someone else advising him to escape as soon as possible.
(b) All the windows and doors are firmly locked.
(c) Dracula tells him so.
(d) His room and window suddenly have bars on them.
2. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
3. Who does Harker think he sees on the streets of London?
(a) Dracula's coach driver.
(d) His dead mother.
4. What cargo is the Russian ship carrying?
(a) Boxes and boxes of secret books.
(b) Fifty large wooden boxes.
(c) Gold treasure.
(d) Lots of ancient maps.
5. During Harker's first escape attempt from Dracula's house, what does he find inside fifty great boxes?
(a) Strange books in a language he has never seen before.
(c) Gold coins.
(d) Nothing; the boxes are empty.
6. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's fourth medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
(c) Quincey Morris.
(d) Van Helsing.
7. Who is Lucy?
(a) The innkeeper's wife at the hotel near Dracula's home.
(b) A servant of Dracula's.
(c) A friend of Mina's.
(d) Harker's daughter.
8. What happens to Mr. Hawkins shortly after Harker and Mina return from abroad?
(a) He decides he doesn't like Harker anymore.
(b) He is kidnapped.
(c) He goes insane.
(d) He dies.
9. What does Mina do to keep Lucy from sleepwalking again?
(a) She ties a rope around her.
(b) She chains her to the bed.
(c) She locks her in at night.
(d) She sends her off to a nunnery.
10. Where does Dracula's name come from?
(a) The Latin "draco," which means both "dragon" and "evil."
(b) The Spanish "dracar," which means to suck blood.
(c) It's just a word Stoker made up on his own.
(d) The French "dracier," which means to live forever.
11. Who is forbidden to kiss Lucy right before she dies?
(a) Van Helsing.
12. In what year was "Dracula" written?
(d) No one knows for sure.
13. Who proposes marriage to Lucy?
(a) Mr. Quincey Morris.
(b) Dr. John Seward.
(c) Arthur Holmwood.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
14. How does Van Helsing feel about Lucy's death?
15. What does Dracula force Harker to say in the letter he must write during his captivity?
(a) That he needs more money as soon as possible.
(b) That he is going to stay another month in Transylvania.
(c) That he is very happy with Dracula.
(d) That he no longer wants to marry his fiancée.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal has reportedly escaped from a local zoo?
2. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
3. What major weather event occurs while Mina is visiting Lucy?
4. Who is Lord Godalming?
5. When does Lucy plan to marry Holmwood?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)