|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mina go to Budapest?
(a) To take care of Harker.
(b) To visit her sick mother.
(c) To marry Harker.
(d) To try to meet Dracula for herself.
2. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling to?
3. What change does Mina notice about Lucy after her sleepwalking episode?
(a) Her teeth have become pointy.
(b) Marks around her wrists.
(c) A twisted ankle.
(d) Some red marks on Lucy's throat.
4. Which characters are the first to express concern about Harker's journey?
(a) A priest.
(b) A gypsy Harker meets on the side of the road.
(c) Harker's mother.
(d) The landlord of the inn and his wife.
5. What happens to Holmwood's father?
(a) He dies.
(b) He flees in the night; no one knows what happens to him.
(c) He comes to see Lucy one last time.
(d) He recovers.
6. How does Lucy look when Professor Van Helsing arrives to examine her after she has been bitten?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is very gaunt and pale.
(c) Her hair is turning gray and falling out.
(d) She is full of energy.
7. What items does Harker use the first time he tries to kill Dracula?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A broken piece of wood.
(d) A gun.
8. Who comes to see Lucy right before she dies?
(b) Van Helsing.
9. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling from?
10. When Mina finds Lucy in the middle of the night, where is she?
(a) Heading into the ocean.
(b) At their favorite spot.
(c) Boarding a ship.
(d) Wandering the streets of town.
11. Who removes important items from Lucy's room?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her fiancé.
(d) Van Helsing.
12. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
13. What frequent activity do Lucy and Mind engage in during Mina's visit?
(a) Writing letters to their fiancés.
(b) Taking frequent walks.
(c) Getting pedicures.
(d) Cooking big meals together.
14. In what year was "Dracula" written?
(c) No one knows for sure.
15. What does Dr. John Seward do?
(a) He is the town doctor.
(b) He is head of the local lunatic asylum.
(c) He is the town psychologist.
(d) He is the town veterinarian.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harker react to Dracula's physical touch?
2. When Mina is visiting Lucy, why does Mina become increasingly anxious about Harker?
3. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
4. Which word could best be used to describe the tone of Chapter 1?
5. What living things does Renfield eat?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)