|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Harker's first escape attempt from Dracula's house, what does he find inside fifty great boxes?
(b) Nothing; the boxes are empty.
(c) Gold coins.
(d) Strange books in a language he has never seen before.
2. What does Mina hope will assist Harker once he returns home?
(a) Her newly inherited wealth.
(b) Her cooking skills.
(c) Her desire to start a family right away.
(d) Her typing and shorthand skills.
3. What kind of strange room does Harker find in Dracula's home that he later takes a nap in?
(a) A room off the barn that has a secret passage.
(b) A very pleasant and relaxing room.
(c) A room with a fireplace that finally has some heat in it.
(d) A basement that has been decorated and furnished very nicely.
4. Who is forbidden to kiss Lucy right before she dies?
(a) Van Helsing.
5. What kind of feeling is overwhelming Lucy while Mina is in Budapest?
(a) A sense of happiness.
(b) A sense of darkness and fear.
(c) She is worried because she has no feelings anymore.
(d) A feeling of being overwhelmed with wedding planning.
6. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's second medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
(a) Dr. John Seward.
(c) Arthur Holmwood.
7. Which word could best be used to describe the tone of Chapter 1?
8. In what year was "Dracula" written?
(c) No one knows for sure.
9. Where are Harker and Mina living when they return from Budapest?
(a) In a hotel until they can save money to buy a real house.
(b) In the home of Harker's boss.
(c) With Lucy.
(d) In Mina's mother's home.
10. Which characters are the first to express concern about Harker's journey?
(a) A gypsy Harker meets on the side of the road.
(b) The landlord of the inn and his wife.
(c) Harker's mother.
(d) A priest.
11. What frequent activity do Lucy and Mind engage in during Mina's visit?
(a) Taking frequent walks.
(b) Cooking big meals together.
(c) Getting pedicures.
(d) Writing letters to their fiancés.
12. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
(a) There are no mirrors anywhere.
(b) Someone steals his razors.
(c) His blade is too dull.
(d) He is too nervous to keep his hand steady.
13. Who does Renfield keep claiming to speak to during his escape from the asylum?
(b) Someone named "Master."
(d) An angel on his shoulder.
14. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
(a) He frees himself by jumping out the window.
(b) He falls unconscious.
(c) He decides to become a vampire, too.
(d) He goes insane.
15. What kind of animals surrounds Harker's coach when he is being taken to meet Count Dracula for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harker think he sees on the streets of London?
2. Who comes to see Lucy right before she dies?
3. During their late night chats when Harker is being held hostage, what country's laws does Count Dracula seem particularly interested in?
4. What does Van Helsing's telegram to Seward say?
5. What happens to Lucy's health after her encounter with the stranger during a sleepwalking episode?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)