|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to see Lucy right before she dies?
(a) Van Helsing.
2. How does Harker attempt his first escape from Dracula's home?
(a) By making a run for it on horseback.
(b) By climbing down the castle walls.
(c) By sneaking out in the middle of the night.
(d) By digging a tunnel out of his room.
3. How does Van Helsing feel about Lucy's death?
4. What item does Van Helsing place around Lucy's room?
(a) Goblets of holy water.
(c) Dried flowers.
5. What does Van Helsing place around Lucy's neck during and after her treatment?
(a) A large jewel.
(b) A thick scarf.
(d) A crucifix necklace.
6. How does Stoker convey the events of what happens in Chapter 1?
(a) Through the journal of Harker's personal servant.
(b) Through Harker's journal entries.
(c) Through Dracula's perspective.
(d) Through Dracula's journal entries.
7. During Harker's captivity in Dracula's home, what two items does he toss out of a window (for the gypsies)?
(a) A letter and a silver crucifix.
(b) A letter and a piece of expensive cloth.
(c) A gold coin and his crucifix necklace.
(d) A letter and a gold coin.
8. Whose marriage proposal does Lucy accept?
(a) Mr. Quincey Morris'.
(b) She accepts no marriage proposals.
(c) Dr. John Seward's.
(d) Arthur Holmwood's.
9. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
10. What features does the figure hovering over Lucy have when she is out sleepwalking?
(a) A skeleton face and black, empty eyes.
(c) A white face and red eyes.
(d) A skeleton face and red eyes.
11. When Mina finds Lucy in the middle of the night, where is she?
(a) At their favorite spot.
(b) Heading into the ocean.
(c) Boarding a ship.
(d) Wandering the streets of town.
12. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
(a) A trickle of blood on Harker's chin.
(b) The mirror Harker is holding.
(c) The kind of razor Harker is using.
(d) The fact that Harker didn't finish all of his breakfast.
13. What does Van Helsing ask from Seward after Lucy's death?
(a) Seward's secrecy about why she died.
(b) Seward's help and loyalty in the coming days.
(c) Seward's money to help pay for the funeral.
(d) Seward's help sneaking the body out.
14. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
(a) He puts him to work in the study.
(b) He shows Harker to his room and offers him dinner.
(c) He locks him away as soon as possible.
(d) He introduces him to the other dinner guests.
15. Who removes important items from Lucy's room?
(a) Van Helsing.
(c) Her fiancé.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters are the first to express concern about Harker's journey?
2. What is expected to happen to the Russian ship that is out at sea when a major weather event occurs?
3. What is the status of Holmwood's father's health while Mina is in Budapest?
4. When Mina is visiting Lucy, why does Mina become increasingly anxious about Harker?
5. When do Mina and Harker get married?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)