|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal comes off of the Russian ship?
(a) A tropical bird.
(b) A large bat.
(c) A large dog.
(d) A black panther.
2. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
(a) A picture of a house in London.
(b) A package.
(c) A silver crucifix.
(d) A letter.
3. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
4. What activity does Lucy begin to do at night during Mina's visit?
(d) Sleep talking.
5. What happens to Mr. Hawkins shortly after Harker and Mina return from abroad?
(a) He goes insane.
(b) He is kidnapped.
(c) He dies.
(d) He decides he doesn't like Harker anymore.
6. Where are Harker and Mina living when they return from Budapest?
(a) With Lucy.
(b) In the home of Harker's boss.
(c) In a hotel until they can save money to buy a real house.
(d) In Mina's mother's home.
7. What happens to Holmwood's father?
(a) He dies.
(b) He recovers.
(c) He flees in the night; no one knows what happens to him.
(d) He comes to see Lucy one last time.
8. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
(a) When "all evil things in the world will have their sway."
(b) As a "fun and joyous holiday" for everyone.
(c) As a "celebratory day of feasting" when people get married.
(d) As a "stoic and silent day of penance" for all adults.
9. What does Van Helsing ask from Seward after Lucy's death?
(a) Seward's help sneaking the body out.
(b) Seward's secrecy about why she died.
(c) Seward's money to help pay for the funeral.
(d) Seward's help and loyalty in the coming days.
10. To whom does Dracula request Harker write a letter to during his captivity?
(a) The mayor of London.
(b) Mr. Hawkins.
(c) The Duke of Transylvania, who is also Dracula's brother.
(d) His fiancée.
11. What does Dr. John Seward do?
(a) He is head of the local lunatic asylum.
(b) He is the town veterinarian.
(c) He is the town psychologist.
(d) He is the town doctor.
12. What is the status of Holmwood's father's health while Mina is in Budapest?
(a) He is going insane.
(b) He is dying.
(c) He is very ill with a bad heart.
(d) He has tuberculosis.
13. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
(a) Money to help pay for his escape.
(b) A separate letter for his fiancée.
(c) A secret plea for help.
(d) Code with directions of finding Dracula's home.
14. When do Mina and Harker get married?
(a) Before they return to England from Budapest.
(b) They never marry.
(c) After they return to England from Budapest.
(d) During their vacation in Scotland.
15. How does Harker deal with realizing he is being held captive by Dracula?
(a) He panics and yells all the time.
(b) He considers how he can kill himself.
(c) He stays calms and begins planning.
(d) He refuses to come out of his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
2. How does Harker attempt his first escape from Dracula's home?
3. Who is Lucy?
4. What cargo is the Russian ship carrying?
5. What frequent activity do Lucy and Mind engage in during Mina's visit?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)