|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the status of Lucy's mother's health while Mina is in Budapest?
(a) She is very ill with a bad heart.
(b) She is going insane.
(c) She is very strong and helps to take care of Lucy.
(d) She has pneumonia.
2. How does Harker deal with realizing he is being held captive by Dracula?
(a) He stays calms and begins planning.
(b) He refuses to come out of his room.
(c) He considers how he can kill himself.
(d) He panics and yells all the time.
3. Who is forbidden to kiss Lucy right before she dies?
(b) Van Helsing.
4. When Mina finds Lucy in the middle of the night, where is she?
(a) Heading into the ocean.
(b) Boarding a ship.
(c) Wandering the streets of town.
(d) At their favorite spot.
5. What item does Van Helsing place around Lucy's room?
(a) Dried flowers.
(d) Goblets of holy water.
6. What change does Mina notice about Lucy after her sleepwalking episode?
(a) Her teeth have become pointy.
(b) A twisted ankle.
(c) Some red marks on Lucy's throat.
(d) Marks around her wrists.
7. What items does Harker use the first time he tries to kill Dracula?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A gun.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A broken piece of wood.
8. During Harker's captivity in Dracula's home, what two items does he toss out of a window (for the gypsies)?
(a) A letter and a silver crucifix.
(b) A letter and a gold coin.
(c) A gold coin and his crucifix necklace.
(d) A letter and a piece of expensive cloth.
9. What happens to the urgent telegram that Van Helsing sends to Seward?
(a) It gets too wet in the rain to read.
(b) It is gibberish so Seward can't respond.
(c) It goes astray.
(d) The messenger is a vampire.
10. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
(a) A secret plea for help.
(b) Money to help pay for his escape.
(c) Code with directions of finding Dracula's home.
(d) A separate letter for his fiancée.
11. During Harker's first escape attempt from Dracula's house, what does he find inside fifty great boxes?
(a) Nothing; the boxes are empty.
(c) Strange books in a language he has never seen before.
(d) Gold coins.
12. To whom does Dracula request Harker write a letter to during his captivity?
(a) The Duke of Transylvania, who is also Dracula's brother.
(b) Mr. Hawkins.
(c) The mayor of London.
(d) His fiancée.
13. What does Van Helsing place around Lucy's neck during and after her treatment?
(a) A thick scarf.
(c) A large jewel.
(d) A crucifix necklace.
14. Who removes important items from Lucy's room?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her fiancé.
(d) Van Helsing.
15. Who does Harker think he sees on the streets of London?
(c) Dracula's coach driver.
(d) His dead mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reveals to Dracula that Harker has tried to communicate with people outside of Dracula's home?
2. What is the state of Count Dracula's home at first glance?
3. What happens to Mr. Hawkins shortly after Harker and Mina return from abroad?
4. What does Professor Van Helsing decide must be done as a treatment for Lucy?
5. In what year was "Dracula" written?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)