|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's third medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
(d) No one, only Van Helsing.
2. What is the status of Lucy's mother's health while Mina is in Budapest?
(a) She is going insane.
(b) She is very ill with a bad heart.
(c) She is very strong and helps to take care of Lucy.
(d) She has pneumonia.
3. How does Lucy look when Professor Van Helsing arrives to examine her after she has been bitten?
(a) She is very gaunt and pale.
(b) Her hair is turning gray and falling out.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is full of energy.
4. What does Dr. John Seward do?
(a) He is the town veterinarian.
(b) He is head of the local lunatic asylum.
(c) He is the town doctor.
(d) He is the town psychologist.
5. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
(a) When "all evil things in the world will have their sway."
(b) As a "celebratory day of feasting" when people get married.
(c) As a "fun and joyous holiday" for everyone.
(d) As a "stoic and silent day of penance" for all adults.
6. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
(a) He introduces him to the other dinner guests.
(b) He shows Harker to his room and offers him dinner.
(c) He puts him to work in the study.
(d) He locks him away as soon as possible.
7. What cargo is the Russian ship carrying?
(a) Fifty large wooden boxes.
(b) Boxes and boxes of secret books.
(c) Lots of ancient maps.
(d) Gold treasure.
8. Which word could best be used to describe the tone of Chapter 1?
9. When Mina is visiting Lucy, why does Mina become increasingly anxious about Harker?
(a) Because she decides she doesn't want to marry him anymore and wants to tell him.
(b) Because she has heard rumors that he's having an affair.
(c) Because she is falling in love with someone else and wants to talk to him.
(d) Because she hasn't heard from him in a while.
10. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling to?
11. What strange ship does Mina see entering the harbor while she is visiting Lucy?
(a) A small rowboat full of lots of people.
(b) A Russian ship.
(c) A ship with Harker's family crest on the mast.
(d) An American cruise ship.
12. Who reveals to Dracula that Harker has tried to communicate with people outside of Dracula's home?
(a) The gypsies.
(b) The woman doing Harker's laundry.
(c) Dracula's servant.
(d) Dracula's coach driver.
13. How does Van Helsing feel about Lucy's death?
14. In what year was "Dracula" written?
(a) No one knows for sure.
15. Where does Count Dracula live?
(a) On a ship.
(b) In a castle.
(c) In a defiled church.
(d) On a farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Dracula request Harker write a letter to during his captivity?
2. What almost happens to Harker after he is awoken from his nap in Dracula's home when he is being held prisoner?
3. Who is Lord Godalming?
4. What strange sight does Harker see along the side of the road as he is being taken to first meet Count Dracula?
5. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's second medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)