|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Lucy's health after her encounter with the stranger during a sleepwalking episode?
(a) She finally begins to sleep through the night.
(b) She becomes pale and weak.
(c) Her energy level really increases.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
2. What does Professor Van Helsing decide must be done as a treatment for Lucy?
(a) She needs blood transfusions.
(b) She can eat nothing but vegetables for a week.
(c) She must be force-fed.
(d) She needs to be on bed rest to protect the baby.
3. When does Lucy plan to marry Holmwood?
(a) When her health improves.
(b) A month or so after Mina and Harker get married.
(c) Never; she can't stand the man.
(d) In two years, as per her parents' request.
4. What happens to Holmwood's father?
(a) He dies.
(b) He recovers.
(c) He comes to see Lucy one last time.
(d) He flees in the night; no one knows what happens to him.
5. Where are Harker and Mina living when they return from Budapest?
(a) In Mina's mother's home.
(b) In the home of Harker's boss.
(c) In a hotel until they can save money to buy a real house.
(d) With Lucy.
6. Who is Mr. Hawkins?
(a) Dracula's neighbor.
(b) Harker's neighbor.
(c) Dracula's boss.
(d) Harker's employer.
7. What does Dracula force Harker to say in the letter he must write during his captivity?
(a) That he is going to stay another month in Transylvania.
(b) That he no longer wants to marry his fiancée.
(c) That he is very happy with Dracula.
(d) That he needs more money as soon as possible.
8. What body part changes in Lucy that causes Van Helsing and Seward to become increasingly disturbed about their patient?
(a) Her teeth.
(b) Her back.
(c) Her face.
(d) Her hands.
9. When Mina finds Lucy in the middle of the night, where is she?
(a) Boarding a ship.
(b) At their favorite spot.
(c) Wandering the streets of town.
(d) Heading into the ocean.
10. How does Harker react to Dracula's physical touch?
(a) He becomes overwhelmed by nausea.
(b) He becomes very sleepy.
(c) He becomes very peaceful and relaxed.
(d) He's surprised that he actually can't feel Dracula's touch.
11. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's fourth medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
(b) Van Helsing.
(d) Quincey Morris.
12. What does Van Helsing ask from Seward after Lucy's death?
(a) Seward's help and loyalty in the coming days.
(b) Seward's money to help pay for the funeral.
(c) Seward's help sneaking the body out.
(d) Seward's secrecy about why she died.
13. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
(a) When "all evil things in the world will have their sway."
(b) As a "stoic and silent day of penance" for all adults.
(c) As a "fun and joyous holiday" for everyone.
(d) As a "celebratory day of feasting" when people get married.
14. What is the source of Seward's depression?
(a) His alcoholism.
(b) His mounting debts.
(c) Lucy's refusal to marry him.
(d) His horrible job in the asylum.
15. What strange ship does Mina see entering the harbor while she is visiting Lucy?
(a) A Russian ship.
(b) A ship with Harker's family crest on the mast.
(c) A small rowboat full of lots of people.
(d) An American cruise ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attacks Seward with a knife during Lucy's illness?
2. Who is forbidden to kiss Lucy right before she dies?
3. What does Mina hope will assist Harker once he returns home?
4. What kind of strange room does Harker find in Dracula's home that he later takes a nap in?
5. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's first medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)