|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harker do when he realizes the Count is away from his home during Harker's captivity?
(a) He writes letters and sends them by carrier pigeons.
(b) He looks for secret passages in the church.
(c) He looks for a horse he can ride away from the farm.
(d) He explores more of the castle.
2. Who is forbidden to kiss Lucy right before she dies?
(a) Van Helsing.
3. What kind of strange room does Harker find in Dracula's home that he later takes a nap in?
(a) A basement that has been decorated and furnished very nicely.
(b) A room off the barn that has a secret passage.
(c) A very pleasant and relaxing room.
(d) A room with a fireplace that finally has some heat in it.
4. What does Dr. John Seward do?
(a) He is the town veterinarian.
(b) He is the town psychologist.
(c) He is head of the local lunatic asylum.
(d) He is the town doctor.
5. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
(a) A trickle of blood on Harker's chin.
(b) The fact that Harker didn't finish all of his breakfast.
(c) The kind of razor Harker is using.
(d) The mirror Harker is holding.
6. What gift of protection is Harker given during his initial voyage to conduct business for Count Dracula?
(a) He isn't given anything.
(b) A rosary.
(c) A piece of garlic.
(d) A crucifix.
7. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
(a) That he is rude and impersonal.
(b) That he is formal and courteous.
(c) That he appears to have some kind of speech impediment.
(d) That he has a great sense of humor.
8. Who awakens Harker from his nap when the Count is supposedly away from his home?
(a) A woman's screams from outside.
(b) A crow in the window.
(c) Three beautiful women.
(d) The smell of a delicious dinner being cooked.
9. What animal comes off of the Russian ship?
(a) A large dog.
(b) A tropical bird.
(c) A black panther.
(d) A large bat.
10. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
(a) As a "celebratory day of feasting" when people get married.
(b) When "all evil things in the world will have their sway."
(c) As a "fun and joyous holiday" for everyone.
(d) As a "stoic and silent day of penance" for all adults.
11. Where does Count Dracula live?
(a) On a ship.
(b) In a defiled church.
(c) In a castle.
(d) On a farm.
12. Where does Lucy live when Mina goes to visit her?
(a) Bartleby, Yorkshire.
(d) Whitby, Yorkshire.
13. To whom does Dracula request Harker write a letter to during his captivity?
(a) His fiancée.
(b) The Duke of Transylvania, who is also Dracula's brother.
(c) The mayor of London.
(d) Mr. Hawkins.
14. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
15. When Mina finds Lucy in the middle of the night, where is she?
(a) Boarding a ship.
(b) Wandering the streets of town.
(c) At their favorite spot.
(d) Heading into the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their late night chats when Harker is being held hostage, what country's laws does Count Dracula seem particularly interested in?
2. When Mina is visiting Lucy, why does Mina become increasingly anxious about Harker?
3. What happens to Mr. Hawkins shortly after Harker and Mina return from abroad?
4. Who is Mina?
5. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's third medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)