|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who removes important items from Lucy's room?
(a) Van Helsing.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her fiancé.
2. What items does Harker use the first time he tries to kill Dracula?
(a) A gun.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A broken piece of wood.
(d) A crucifix.
3. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
(a) The fact that Harker didn't finish all of his breakfast.
(b) A trickle of blood on Harker's chin.
(c) The mirror Harker is holding.
(d) The kind of razor Harker is using.
4. What does Van Helsing's telegram to Seward say?
(a) That Lucy has been found writing letters to Dracula.
(b) That a guard be sent to Lucy that night.
(c) That more garlic is needed as soon as possible.
(d) That Lucy has died in her sleep.
5. What does Mina hope will assist Harker once he returns home?
(a) Her cooking skills.
(b) Her newly inherited wealth.
(c) Her desire to start a family right away.
(d) Her typing and shorthand skills.
6. What makes Harker realize he is Dracula's prisoner at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) All the windows and doors are firmly locked.
(b) Dracula tells him so.
(c) His room and window suddenly have bars on them.
(d) He receives a letter from someone else advising him to escape as soon as possible.
7. Who reveals to Dracula that Harker has tried to communicate with people outside of Dracula's home?
(a) The gypsies.
(b) The woman doing Harker's laundry.
(c) Dracula's coach driver.
(d) Dracula's servant.
8. What happens to Mr. Hawkins shortly after Harker and Mina return from abroad?
(a) He dies.
(b) He is kidnapped.
(c) He decides he doesn't like Harker anymore.
(d) He goes insane.
9. What is the source of Seward's depression?
(a) His alcoholism.
(b) His mounting debts.
(c) Lucy's refusal to marry him.
(d) His horrible job in the asylum.
10. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
11. Where does Dracula's name come from?
(a) The French "dracier," which means to live forever.
(b) The Spanish "dracar," which means to suck blood.
(c) The Latin "draco," which means both "dragon" and "evil."
(d) It's just a word Stoker made up on his own.
12. After what event does Mr. Swales die?
(a) Lucy's wedding.
(b) The funeral for the sea captain.
(d) Mina's wedding.
13. What frequent activity do Lucy and Mind engage in during Mina's visit?
(a) Taking frequent walks.
(b) Getting pedicures.
(c) Cooking big meals together.
(d) Writing letters to their fiancés.
14. What happens to Holmwood's father?
(a) He comes to see Lucy one last time.
(b) He flees in the night; no one knows what happens to him.
(c) He recovers.
(d) He dies.
15. When Dracula and Harker first stay up all night talking, what causes Dracula to abruptly end the conversation?
(a) He spills coffee all over himself and decides just to go to bed.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) He has another meeting to go to and has to leave early.
(d) He gets angry at one of the servants for dropping something.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mina go to Budapest?
2. Who does Harker think he sees on the streets of London?
3. What activity does Lucy begin to do at night during Mina's visit?
4. Where does Count Dracula live?
5. When do Mina and Harker get married?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)