Short Answer Key
1. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling to?
2. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling from?
3. Which characters are the first to express concern about Harker's journey?
The landlord of the inn and his wife.
4. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
When "all evil things in the world will have their sway."
5. What gift of protection is Harker given during his initial voyage to conduct business for Count Dracula?
6. How does Stoker convey the events of what happens in Chapter 1?
Through Harker's journal entries.
7. In what year was "Dracula" written?
8. Where does Count Dracula live?
In a castle.
9. What is the state of Count Dracula's home at first glance?
It appears to be run-down and in ruins.
10. What kind of animals surrounds...
This section contains 2,993 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)