|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who awakens Harker from his nap when the Count is supposedly away from his home?
(a) The smell of a delicious dinner being cooked.
(b) A woman's screams from outside.
(c) Three beautiful women.
(d) A crow in the window.
2. What about Mina causes Van Helsing to be concerned while they are waiting for Dracula's ship to arrive?
(a) Her rapid weight loss.
(b) Her growing lethargy.
(c) Her strange ramblings.
(d) Her sleepwalking.
3. How does Harker attempt his first escape from Dracula's home?
(a) By digging a tunnel out of his room.
(b) By sneaking out in the middle of the night.
(c) By making a run for it on horseback.
(d) By climbing down the castle walls.
4. Why does Van Helsing want Mina to visit after Lucy's death?
(a) He wants to ask her about her own health.
(b) He wants to get her away from Harker.
(c) He wants to check her for bite marks.
(d) He wants to talk to her about Lucy.
5. What physical changes does Harker notice about Mina after she has been bitten?
(a) That he fingernails are getting very, very long.
(b) That she only wants to wear black.
(c) That she refuses to travel without her cape.
(d) That her lips are drawn and her teeth show prominently.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Van Helsing use to make putty while visiting Lucy's tomb?
2. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
3. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
4. What does Van Helsing's telegram to Seward say?
5. What happened to the agent who took over Dracula's box?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)