|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's third medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
(b) No one, only Van Helsing.
2. What strange sight does Harker see along the side of the road as he is being taken to first meet Count Dracula?
(a) Lots and lots of bats flying around.
(b) No sign of life at all.
(c) Weird blue flames flickering along the road.
(d) Vultures seeming to follow his coach.
3. What is the state of Count Dracula's home at first glance?
(a) It comes in and out of view, like magic.
(b) It is amazingly beautiful.
(c) It appears to be run-down and in ruins.
(d) It seems small and unimportant.
4. Where does Dracula's name come from?
(a) The Spanish "dracar," which means to suck blood.
(b) The French "dracier," which means to live forever.
(c) It's just a word Stoker made up on his own.
(d) The Latin "draco," which means both "dragon" and "evil."
5. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
(a) He is too nervous to keep his hand steady.
(b) Someone steals his razors.
(c) There are no mirrors anywhere.
(d) His blade is too dull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Holmwood's father?
2. What does Mina reveal under hypnosis about the whereabouts of Dracula's ship?
3. How many of the wooden boxes does the vampire-hunting team locate during their mission after Mina is attacked?
4. Where do Harker and Mina stay while they are working with Seward in the asylum?
5. Who comes to see Lucy right before she dies?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)