|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the team learns that Dracula is back on land, how do Mina and Van Helsing plan to catch him?
(a) By horse and carriage.
(b) None of these answers is correct.
(c) By horseback.
(d) By steamboat.
2. What strange phenomenon came into Mina's room while the vampire-hunters were out on their first mission?
(a) Music without a known source.
(b) Freezing cold, even though it was hot outside.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A thick mist.
3. Where does Dracula's name come from?
(a) The Latin "draco," which means both "dragon" and "evil."
(b) The French "dracier," which means to live forever.
(c) It's just a word Stoker made up on his own.
(d) The Spanish "dracar," which means to suck blood.
4. What happens to Mr. Hawkins shortly after Harker and Mina return from abroad?
(a) He goes insane.
(b) He is kidnapped.
(c) He dies.
(d) He decides he doesn't like Harker anymore.
5. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
(a) Someone steals his razors.
(b) He is too nervous to keep his hand steady.
(c) His blade is too dull.
(d) There are no mirrors anywhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the status of Holmwood's father's health while Mina is in Budapest?
2. What object does Dracula flee with after attacking the vampire-hunting team?
3. Who is Mina?
4. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
5. How does Harker react to Van Helsing's assessment of his journals?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)