|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dracula's name come from?
(a) It's just a word Stoker made up on his own.
(b) The French "dracier," which means to live forever.
(c) The Latin "draco," which means both "dragon" and "evil."
(d) The Spanish "dracar," which means to suck blood.
2. What are Lucy and Mina writing letters about before Harker returns to town?
(a) How they wish they had boyfriends.
(b) Their annoying children.
(c) The increasing price of bread in the market.
(d) Their upcoming marriages.
3. What does Van Helsing use the putty he makes for?
(a) To write a curse banishing vampires.
(b) To seal Lucy's tomb.
(c) To make a sticky trap for Lucy to get stuck in.
(d) To be able to see footprints from the ghosts walking around.
4. Who reads all of Lucy's diary and letters in an attempt to understand her situation?
(a) Lucy's mother.
(c) Van Helsing.
5. When Holmwood looks at Lucy after she dies, what does he notice?
(a) That she is holding a letter in her hand.
(b) That she looks more robust and beautiful than ever.
(c) That she was very sick before she died.
(d) That she was pregnant before she died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mina do to keep Lucy from sleepwalking again?
2. What makes Harker realize he is Dracula's prisoner at the end of Chapter 2?
3. Where does Lucy live when Mina goes to visit her?
4. What happens to Holmwood's father?
5. Where does Count Dracula live?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)