|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
(a) A separate letter for his fiancée.
(b) Code with directions of finding Dracula's home.
(c) Money to help pay for his escape.
(d) A secret plea for help.
2. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
(a) As a "fun and joyous holiday" for everyone.
(b) As a "celebratory day of feasting" when people get married.
(c) When "all evil things in the world will have their sway."
(d) As a "stoic and silent day of penance" for all adults.
3. What cargo is the Russian ship carrying?
(a) Gold treasure.
(b) Boxes and boxes of secret books.
(c) Fifty large wooden boxes.
(d) Lots of ancient maps.
4. Where do Van Helsing and Seward stop before heading to Lucy's tomb?
(a) A library.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A church.
(d) A coffee shop.
5. How does Van Helsing feel about Lucy's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
2. Why does Van Helsing want Mina to visit after Lucy's death?
3. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
4. What animal comes off of the Russian ship?
5. What is the status of Holmwood's father's health while Mina is in Budapest?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)