|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was "Dracula" written?
(b) No one knows for sure.
2. Where does Dracula's name come from?
(a) The Latin "draco," which means both "dragon" and "evil."
(b) It's just a word Stoker made up on his own.
(c) The Spanish "dracar," which means to suck blood.
(d) The French "dracier," which means to live forever.
3. What is the source of Seward's depression?
(a) His mounting debts.
(b) Lucy's refusal to marry him.
(c) His horrible job in the asylum.
(d) His alcoholism.
4. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's second medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
(a) Dr. John Seward.
(d) Arthur Holmwood.
5. What kind of information does Harker agree to provide for Van Helsing after Lucy's death?
(a) Information about the three female vampires.
(b) Information on Lucy's family.
(c) Information on Mina's health status.
(d) Information on Count Dracula.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reads all of Lucy's diary and letters in an attempt to understand her situation?
2. Where do Harker and Mina stay while they are working with Seward in the asylum?
3. What does Van Helsing use the putty he makes for?
4. What strange ship does Mina see entering the harbor while she is visiting Lucy?
5. What activity does Lucy begin to do at night during Mina's visit?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)