|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stoker say the vampire Lucy look like?
(a) Her arms look like "the scrawny limbs of a dead tree."
(b) Her hair "blows in the wind as if it were smoke."
(c) She resembles the "darkest of demons."
(d) Her eyes blaze with "unholy light."
2. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
(a) Code with directions of finding Dracula's home.
(b) Money to help pay for his escape.
(c) A secret plea for help.
(d) A separate letter for his fiancée.
3. How does Seward explain Lucy's lack of decomposition to Van Helsing?
(a) He says its because it's very cold.
(b) He says she hasn't been dead that long.
(c) He says that they just don't notice anything because they both love her.
(d) He can't explain it.
4. What does Van Helsing use to make putty while visiting Lucy's tomb?
(a) Stones from the church.
(b) Putty that has been blessed.
(c) A drop of everyone's blood.
(d) Communion wafers and putty mix.
5. What item does Van Helsing place around Lucy's room?
(b) Goblets of holy water.
(d) Dried flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift of protection is Harker given during his initial voyage to conduct business for Count Dracula?
2. What happens to Holmwood's father?
3. How does Harker attempt his first escape from Dracula's home?
4. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's third medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
5. Why does Mina go to Budapest?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)