|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lucy live when Mina goes to visit her?
(b) Bartleby, Yorkshire.
(c) Whitby, Yorkshire.
2. What are Lucy and Mina writing letters about before Harker returns to town?
(a) Their upcoming marriages.
(b) Their annoying children.
(c) The increasing price of bread in the market.
(d) How they wish they had boyfriends.
3. What gift of protection is Harker given during his initial voyage to conduct business for Count Dracula?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) He isn't given anything.
(c) A rosary.
(d) A piece of garlic.
4. What body part changes in Lucy that causes Van Helsing and Seward to become increasingly disturbed about their patient?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her teeth.
(c) Her face.
(d) Her back.
5. Where does Dracula's name come from?
(a) The Latin "draco," which means both "dragon" and "evil."
(b) The Spanish "dracar," which means to suck blood.
(c) It's just a word Stoker made up on his own.
(d) The French "dracier," which means to live forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their late night chats when Harker is being held hostage, what country's laws does Count Dracula seem particularly interested in?
2. What almost happens to Harker after he is awoken from his nap in Dracula's home when he is being held prisoner?
3. What is the status of Lucy's mother's health while Mina is in Budapest?
4. What big project are Seward and Mina working on?
5. What does Dracula force Harker to say in the letter he must write during his captivity?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)