|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harker deal with realizing he is being held captive by Dracula?
(a) He refuses to come out of his room.
(b) He panics and yells all the time.
(c) He stays calms and begins planning.
(d) He considers how he can kill himself.
2. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
(a) Someone steals his razors.
(b) There are no mirrors anywhere.
(c) He is too nervous to keep his hand steady.
(d) His blade is too dull.
3. What does Van Helsing ask from Seward after Lucy's death?
(a) Seward's secrecy about why she died.
(b) Seward's help and loyalty in the coming days.
(c) Seward's help sneaking the body out.
(d) Seward's money to help pay for the funeral.
4. Where does Dracula's name come from?
(a) The Spanish "dracar," which means to suck blood.
(b) The French "dracier," which means to live forever.
(c) The Latin "draco," which means both "dragon" and "evil."
(d) It's just a word Stoker made up on his own.
5. Whose marriage proposal does Lucy accept?
(a) Arthur Holmwood's.
(b) She accepts no marriage proposals.
(c) Dr. John Seward's.
(d) Mr. Quincey Morris'.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what form is Seward's diary recorded?
2. What is expected to happen to the Russian ship that is out at sea when a major weather event occurs?
3. What cargo is the Russian ship carrying?
4. Which word could best be used to describe the tone of Chapter 1?
5. What is the name of the name of the house Dracula purchased for his London residency?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)