|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harker react to Van Helsing's assessment of his journals?
(a) He is outraged.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He never knows that Van Helsing reads his journal.
(d) He is overcome with joy.
2. Why does Seward deny Renfield's request after Holmwood and Morris have visited him?
(a) Because he just wants to be cruel.
(b) Because he needs a spy in the asylum.
(c) Because Seward knows he is still a madman.
(d) Because Renfield still owes Seward a lot of money.
3. What kind of animals surrounds Harker's coach when he is being taken to meet Count Dracula for the first time?
4. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling from?
5. What is the source of Seward's depression?
(a) His horrible job in the asylum.
(b) Lucy's refusal to marry him.
(c) His mounting debts.
(d) His alcoholism.
Short Answer Questions
1. After what event does Mr. Swales die?
2. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
3. What country does Dracula tell Harker he is planning to move to during Harker's first visit to his home?
4. Where does Lucy live when Mina goes to visit her?
5. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's second medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)