|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift of protection is Harker given during his initial voyage to conduct business for Count Dracula?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) He isn't given anything.
(c) A piece of garlic.
(d) A rosary.
2. What is the source of Seward's depression?
(a) His horrible job in the asylum.
(b) His mounting debts.
(c) Lucy's refusal to marry him.
(d) His alcoholism.
3. When does Lucy plan to marry Holmwood?
(a) Never; she can't stand the man.
(b) When her health improves.
(c) A month or so after Mina and Harker get married.
(d) In two years, as per her parents' request.
4. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
(a) He decides to become a vampire, too.
(b) He falls unconscious.
(c) He frees himself by jumping out the window.
(d) He goes insane.
5. What is the status of Holmwood's father's health while Mina is in Budapest?
(a) He is dying.
(b) He has tuberculosis.
(c) He is going insane.
(d) He is very ill with a bad heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Van Helsing place around Lucy's room?
2. Where does Dracula's name come from?
3. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's fourth medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
4. Whose marriage proposal does Lucy accept?
5. Why does Mina go to Budapest?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)