|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is forbidden to kiss Lucy right before she dies?
(a) Van Helsing.
2. What makes Harker realize he is Dracula's prisoner at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He receives a letter from someone else advising him to escape as soon as possible.
(b) Dracula tells him so.
(c) His room and window suddenly have bars on them.
(d) All the windows and doors are firmly locked.
3. What item does Van Helsing place around Lucy's room?
(b) Dried flowers.
(c) Goblets of holy water.
4. How does Harker describe Dracula's physical appearance during his initial visit to meet him?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Dracula has "extraordinary pallor."
(c) Dracula has a "cruel-looking mouth."
(d) Dracula has "sharp white teeth."
5. What happens to the urgent telegram that Van Helsing sends to Seward?
(a) It is gibberish so Seward can't respond.
(b) It gets too wet in the rain to read.
(c) It goes astray.
(d) The messenger is a vampire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Hawkins?
2. Who attacks Seward with a knife during Lucy's illness?
3. What does Van Helsing's telegram to Seward say?
4. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
5. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)