|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is expected to happen to the Russian ship that is out at sea when a major weather event occurs?
(a) It is expected to be swallowed by a whirlpool.
(b) It is expected to smash on rocks.
(c) It is expected to wreck.
(d) It is expected to burn to ashes.
2. What is the state of Count Dracula's home at first glance?
(a) It appears to be run-down and in ruins.
(b) It is amazingly beautiful.
(c) It comes in and out of view, like magic.
(d) It seems small and unimportant.
3. How does Harker react to Dracula's physical touch?
(a) He becomes very peaceful and relaxed.
(b) He becomes overwhelmed by nausea.
(c) He becomes very sleepy.
(d) He's surprised that he actually can't feel Dracula's touch.
4. How does Harker describe Dracula's physical appearance during his initial visit to meet him?
(a) Dracula has a "cruel-looking mouth."
(b) Dracula has "sharp white teeth."
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Dracula has "extraordinary pallor."
5. During Harker's first escape attempt from Dracula's house, what does he find inside fifty great boxes?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) Nothing; the boxes are empty.
(c) Strange books in a language he has never seen before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What body part changes in Lucy that causes Van Helsing and Seward to become increasingly disturbed about their patient?
2. What does Mina do to keep Lucy from sleepwalking again?
3. Who removes important items from Lucy's room?
4. When Mina finds Lucy in the middle of the night, where is she?
5. How does Harker attempt his first escape from Dracula's home?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)