|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does Dracula tell Harker he is planning to move to during Harker's first visit to his home?
2. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
(a) As a "celebratory day of feasting" when people get married.
(b) When "all evil things in the world will have their sway."
(c) As a "stoic and silent day of penance" for all adults.
(d) As a "fun and joyous holiday" for everyone.
3. What are Lucy and Mina writing letters about before Harker returns to town?
(a) Their upcoming marriages.
(b) How they wish they had boyfriends.
(c) The increasing price of bread in the market.
(d) Their annoying children.
4. Who is Mr. Hawkins?
(a) Dracula's neighbor.
(b) Harker's neighbor.
(c) Harker's employer.
(d) Dracula's boss.
5. Where does Lucy live when Mina goes to visit her?
(c) Bartleby, Yorkshire.
(d) Whitby, Yorkshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is forbidden to kiss Lucy right before she dies?
2. What strange sight does Harker see along the side of the road as he is being taken to first meet Count Dracula?
3. What does Van Helsing place around Lucy's neck during and after her treatment?
4. In what year was "Dracula" written?
5. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling from?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)