|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harker do when he realizes the Count is away from his home during Harker's captivity?
(a) He looks for secret passages in the church.
(b) He looks for a horse he can ride away from the farm.
(c) He writes letters and sends them by carrier pigeons.
(d) He explores more of the castle.
2. What is expected to happen to the Russian ship that is out at sea when a major weather event occurs?
(a) It is expected to smash on rocks.
(b) It is expected to be swallowed by a whirlpool.
(c) It is expected to burn to ashes.
(d) It is expected to wreck.
3. What living things does Renfield eat?
(a) Small birds.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
4. After what event does Mr. Swales die?
(a) The funeral for the sea captain.
(b) Mina's wedding.
(c) Lucy's wedding.
5. What happens to Lucy's health after her encounter with the stranger during a sleepwalking episode?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Her energy level really increases.
(c) She becomes pale and weak.
(d) She finally begins to sleep through the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word could best be used to describe the tone of Chapter 1?
2. What almost happens to Harker after he is awoken from his nap in Dracula's home when he is being held prisoner?
3. What change does Mina notice about Lucy after her sleepwalking episode?
4. What are Lucy and Mina writing letters about before Harker returns to town?
5. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's second medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)