|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dracula's name come from?
(a) The Latin "draco," which means both "dragon" and "evil."
(b) The French "dracier," which means to live forever.
(c) It's just a word Stoker made up on his own.
(d) The Spanish "dracar," which means to suck blood.
2. During Harker's captivity in Dracula's home, what two items does he toss out of a window (for the gypsies)?
(a) A letter and a gold coin.
(b) A letter and a piece of expensive cloth.
(c) A letter and a silver crucifix.
(d) A gold coin and his crucifix necklace.
3. How does Harker describe Dracula's physical appearance during his initial visit to meet him?
(a) Dracula has a "cruel-looking mouth."
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Dracula has "sharp white teeth."
(d) Dracula has "extraordinary pallor."
4. What is the status of Lucy's mother's health while Mina is in Budapest?
(a) She has pneumonia.
(b) She is very strong and helps to take care of Lucy.
(c) She is very ill with a bad heart.
(d) She is going insane.
5. Who is Lucy?
(a) Harker's daughter.
(b) A servant of Dracula's.
(c) A friend of Mina's.
(d) The innkeeper's wife at the hotel near Dracula's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was "Dracula" written?
2. What are Lucy and Mina writing letters about before Harker returns to town?
3. What is the source of Seward's depression?
4. Who does Renfield keep claiming to speak to during his escape from the asylum?
5. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)