|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mina finds Lucy in the middle of the night, where is she?
(a) Heading into the ocean.
(b) Boarding a ship.
(c) Wandering the streets of town.
(d) At their favorite spot.
2. What makes Harker realize he is Dracula's prisoner at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) He receives a letter from someone else advising him to escape as soon as possible.
(b) All the windows and doors are firmly locked.
(c) His room and window suddenly have bars on them.
(d) Dracula tells him so.
3. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling to?
4. How is Dracula carried out of the castle after Harker attempts to kill him the first time?
(a) He walks out on his own.
(b) He is carried out by very large bats.
(c) In a stagecoach.
(d) In a coffin.
5. When Mina is visiting Lucy, why does Mina become increasingly anxious about Harker?
(a) Because she hasn't heard from him in a while.
(b) Because she is falling in love with someone else and wants to talk to him.
(c) Because she has heard rumors that he's having an affair.
(d) Because she decides she doesn't want to marry him anymore and wants to tell him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal comes off of the Russian ship?
2. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
3. What does Van Helsing place around Lucy's neck during and after her treatment?
4. Who reveals to Dracula that Harker has tried to communicate with people outside of Dracula's home?
5. What does Dracula force Harker to say in the letter he must write during his captivity?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)