|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items does Harker use the first time he tries to kill Dracula?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A broken piece of wood.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A gun.
2. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
(a) He is too nervous to keep his hand steady.
(b) Someone steals his razors.
(c) There are no mirrors anywhere.
(d) His blade is too dull.
3. What is the state of Count Dracula's home at first glance?
(a) It appears to be run-down and in ruins.
(b) It comes in and out of view, like magic.
(c) It is amazingly beautiful.
(d) It seems small and unimportant.
4. How does Stoker convey the events of what happens in Chapter 1?
(a) Through Dracula's journal entries.
(b) Through Dracula's perspective.
(c) Through the journal of Harker's personal servant.
(d) Through Harker's journal entries.
5. When does Lucy plan to marry Holmwood?
(a) Never; she can't stand the man.
(b) A month or so after Mina and Harker get married.
(c) When her health improves.
(d) In two years, as per her parents' request.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Dracula tell Harker he is planning to move to during Harker's first visit to his home?
2. Who is Mr. Hawkins?
3. What activity does Lucy begin to do at night during Mina's visit?
4. Whose marriage proposal does Lucy accept?
5. In what year was "Dracula" written?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)