|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift of protection is Harker given during his initial voyage to conduct business for Count Dracula?
(a) He isn't given anything.
(b) A rosary.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A piece of garlic.
2. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
(a) Money to help pay for his escape.
(b) A secret plea for help.
(c) Code with directions of finding Dracula's home.
(d) A separate letter for his fiancée.
3. Where does Dracula's name come from?
(a) It's just a word Stoker made up on his own.
(b) The French "dracier," which means to live forever.
(c) The Spanish "dracar," which means to suck blood.
(d) The Latin "draco," which means both "dragon" and "evil."
4. During their late night chats when Harker is being held hostage, what country's laws does Count Dracula seem particularly interested in?
5. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
(a) A picture of a house in London.
(b) A silver crucifix.
(c) A package.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was "Dracula" written?
2. Who reveals to Dracula that Harker has tried to communicate with people outside of Dracula's home?
3. What kind of animals surrounds Harker's coach when he is being taken to meet Count Dracula for the first time?
4. What kind of strange room does Harker find in Dracula's home that he later takes a nap in?
5. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling to?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)