|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What almost happens to Harker after he is awoken from his nap in Dracula's home when he is being held prisoner?
(a) He almost dies from the cold.
(b) He is almost bitten by Dracula.
(c) He almost falls out of the window.
(d) He is almost bitten by a female vampire.
2. In what year was "Dracula" written?
(c) No one knows for sure.
3. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
(a) That he has a great sense of humor.
(b) That he appears to have some kind of speech impediment.
(c) That he is formal and courteous.
(d) That he is rude and impersonal.
4. Where does Dracula's name come from?
(a) The Spanish "dracar," which means to suck blood.
(b) It's just a word Stoker made up on his own.
(c) The French "dracier," which means to live forever.
(d) The Latin "draco," which means both "dragon" and "evil."
5. What is expected to happen to the Russian ship that is out at sea when a major weather event occurs?
(a) It is expected to wreck.
(b) It is expected to be swallowed by a whirlpool.
(c) It is expected to smash on rocks.
(d) It is expected to burn to ashes.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Harker's first escape attempt from Dracula's house, what does he find inside fifty great boxes?
2. What animal comes off of the Russian ship?
3. Who does Renfield keep claiming to speak to during his escape from the asylum?
4. Which word could best be used to describe the tone of Chapter 1?
5. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)