|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items does Harker use the first time he tries to kill Dracula?
(a) A broken piece of wood.
(b) A gun.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A crucifix.
2. Who awakens Harker from his nap when the Count is supposedly away from his home?
(a) Three beautiful women.
(b) The smell of a delicious dinner being cooked.
(c) A crow in the window.
(d) A woman's screams from outside.
3. What kind of strange room does Harker find in Dracula's home that he later takes a nap in?
(a) A basement that has been decorated and furnished very nicely.
(b) A room with a fireplace that finally has some heat in it.
(c) A room off the barn that has a secret passage.
(d) A very pleasant and relaxing room.
4. Where does Lucy live when Mina goes to visit her?
(c) Whitby, Yorkshire.
(d) Bartleby, Yorkshire.
5. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
(a) He falls unconscious.
(b) He decides to become a vampire, too.
(c) He goes insane.
(d) He frees himself by jumping out the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reveals to Dracula that Harker has tried to communicate with people outside of Dracula's home?
2. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
3. What is the source of Seward's depression?
4. What frequent activity do Lucy and Mind engage in during Mina's visit?
5. What happens to Lucy's health after her encounter with the stranger during a sleepwalking episode?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)