|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who awakens Harker from his nap when the Count is supposedly away from his home?
(a) Three beautiful women.
(b) A crow in the window.
(c) A woman's screams from outside.
(d) The smell of a delicious dinner being cooked.
2. What strange sight does Harker see along the side of the road as he is being taken to first meet Count Dracula?
(a) Lots and lots of bats flying around.
(b) Weird blue flames flickering along the road.
(c) No sign of life at all.
(d) Vultures seeming to follow his coach.
3. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
(a) A silver crucifix.
(b) A package.
(c) A picture of a house in London.
(d) A letter.
4. What does Dracula force Harker to say in the letter he must write during his captivity?
(a) That he is going to stay another month in Transylvania.
(b) That he is very happy with Dracula.
(c) That he needs more money as soon as possible.
(d) That he no longer wants to marry his fiancée.
5. How does Harker deal with realizing he is being held captive by Dracula?
(a) He refuses to come out of his room.
(b) He panics and yells all the time.
(c) He stays calms and begins planning.
(d) He considers how he can kill himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
2. Which characters are the first to express concern about Harker's journey?
3. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
4. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling from?
5. What strange ship does Mina see entering the harbor while she is visiting Lucy?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)