|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lucy?
(a) Harker's daughter.
(b) The innkeeper's wife at the hotel near Dracula's home.
(c) A friend of Mina's.
(d) A servant of Dracula's.
2. What almost happens to Harker after he is awoken from his nap in Dracula's home when he is being held prisoner?
(a) He almost falls out of the window.
(b) He almost dies from the cold.
(c) He is almost bitten by a female vampire.
(d) He is almost bitten by Dracula.
3. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
(a) That he is formal and courteous.
(b) That he has a great sense of humor.
(c) That he is rude and impersonal.
(d) That he appears to have some kind of speech impediment.
4. During Harker's first escape attempt from Dracula's house, what does he find inside fifty great boxes?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) Nothing; the boxes are empty.
(d) Strange books in a language he has never seen before.
5. Where does Lucy live when Mina goes to visit her?
(b) Bartleby, Yorkshire.
(d) Whitby, Yorkshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is expected to happen to the Russian ship that is out at sea when a major weather event occurs?
2. What is the source of Seward's depression?
3. How does Stoker convey the events of what happens in Chapter 1?
4. What does Dracula force Harker to say in the letter he must write during his captivity?
5. What makes Harker realize he is Dracula's prisoner at the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)