|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word could best be used to describe the tone of Chapter 1?
2. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
(a) When "all evil things in the world will have their sway."
(b) As a "fun and joyous holiday" for everyone.
(c) As a "celebratory day of feasting" when people get married.
(d) As a "stoic and silent day of penance" for all adults.
3. During Harker's first escape attempt from Dracula's house, what does he find inside fifty great boxes?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) Nothing; the boxes are empty.
(d) Strange books in a language he has never seen before.
4. What does Harker do when he realizes the Count is away from his home during Harker's captivity?
(a) He looks for secret passages in the church.
(b) He writes letters and sends them by carrier pigeons.
(c) He explores more of the castle.
(d) He looks for a horse he can ride away from the farm.
5. What kind of strange room does Harker find in Dracula's home that he later takes a nap in?
(a) A very pleasant and relaxing room.
(b) A basement that has been decorated and furnished very nicely.
(c) A room with a fireplace that finally has some heat in it.
(d) A room off the barn that has a secret passage.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling from?
2. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
3. What items does Harker use the first time he tries to kill Dracula?
4. What activity does Lucy begin to do at night during Mina's visit?
5. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)