|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
(a) As a "celebratory day of feasting" when people get married.
(b) When "all evil things in the world will have their sway."
(c) As a "fun and joyous holiday" for everyone.
(d) As a "stoic and silent day of penance" for all adults.
2. How is Dracula carried out of the castle after Harker attempts to kill him the first time?
(a) In a stagecoach.
(b) In a coffin.
(c) He is carried out by very large bats.
(d) He walks out on his own.
3. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling from?
4. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
(a) He goes insane.
(b) He decides to become a vampire, too.
(c) He frees himself by jumping out the window.
(d) He falls unconscious.
5. Which word could best be used to describe the tone of Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was "Dracula" written?
2. Which characters are the first to express concern about Harker's journey?
3. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
4. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
5. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)