|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harker react to Dracula's physical touch?
(a) He becomes overwhelmed by nausea.
(b) He's surprised that he actually can't feel Dracula's touch.
(c) He becomes very peaceful and relaxed.
(d) He becomes very sleepy.
2. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
(a) He shows Harker to his room and offers him dinner.
(b) He puts him to work in the study.
(c) He locks him away as soon as possible.
(d) He introduces him to the other dinner guests.
3. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
(a) The kind of razor Harker is using.
(b) The mirror Harker is holding.
(c) The fact that Harker didn't finish all of his breakfast.
(d) A trickle of blood on Harker's chin.
4. How does Harker describe Dracula's physical appearance during his initial visit to meet him?
(a) Dracula has "extraordinary pallor."
(b) Dracula has "sharp white teeth."
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Dracula has a "cruel-looking mouth."
5. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters are the first to express concern about Harker's journey?
2. During Harker's captivity in Dracula's home, what two items does he toss out of a window (for the gypsies)?
3. Who proposes marriage to Lucy?
4. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
5. When Mina is visiting Lucy, why does Mina become increasingly anxious about Harker?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)