|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Count Dracula live?
(a) On a ship.
(b) In a castle.
(c) On a farm.
(d) In a defiled church.
2. Which word could best be used to describe the tone of Chapter 1?
3. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling from?
4. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
(a) Someone steals his razors.
(b) There are no mirrors anywhere.
(c) His blade is too dull.
(d) He is too nervous to keep his hand steady.
5. During Harker's first escape attempt from Dracula's house, what does he find inside fifty great boxes?
(b) Gold coins.
(c) Nothing; the boxes are empty.
(d) Strange books in a language he has never seen before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major weather event occurs while Mina is visiting Lucy?
2. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
3. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
4. What cargo is the Russian ship carrying?
5. What items does Harker use the first time he tries to kill Dracula?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)