|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dracula force Harker to say in the letter he must write during his captivity?
(a) That he needs more money as soon as possible.
(b) That he is very happy with Dracula.
(c) That he is going to stay another month in Transylvania.
(d) That he no longer wants to marry his fiancée.
2. Who proposes marriage to Lucy?
(a) Arthur Holmwood.
(b) Mr. Quincey Morris.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Dr. John Seward.
3. What is the state of Count Dracula's home at first glance?
(a) It seems small and unimportant.
(b) It comes in and out of view, like magic.
(c) It appears to be run-down and in ruins.
(d) It is amazingly beautiful.
4. What makes Harker realize he is Dracula's prisoner at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Dracula tells him so.
(b) His room and window suddenly have bars on them.
(c) He receives a letter from someone else advising him to escape as soon as possible.
(d) All the windows and doors are firmly locked.
5. After what event does Mr. Swales die?
(b) The funeral for the sea captain.
(c) Mina's wedding.
(d) Lucy's wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Harker's captivity in Dracula's home, what two items does he toss out of a window (for the gypsies)?
2. To whom does Dracula request Harker write a letter to during his captivity?
3. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
4. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling from?
5. Whose marriage proposal does Lucy accept?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)