|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
(a) A separate letter for his fiancée.
(b) Code with directions of finding Dracula's home.
(c) A secret plea for help.
(d) Money to help pay for his escape.
2. What strange ship does Mina see entering the harbor while she is visiting Lucy?
(a) A ship with Harker's family crest on the mast.
(b) A small rowboat full of lots of people.
(c) An American cruise ship.
(d) A Russian ship.
3. Which characters are the first to express concern about Harker's journey?
(a) A priest.
(b) Harker's mother.
(c) The landlord of the inn and his wife.
(d) A gypsy Harker meets on the side of the road.
4. Who awakens Harker from his nap when the Count is supposedly away from his home?
(a) A crow in the window.
(b) The smell of a delicious dinner being cooked.
(c) Three beautiful women.
(d) A woman's screams from outside.
5. Who reveals to Dracula that Harker has tried to communicate with people outside of Dracula's home?
(a) Dracula's servant.
(b) The woman doing Harker's laundry.
(c) The gypsies.
(d) Dracula's coach driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What almost happens to Harker after he is awoken from his nap in Dracula's home when he is being held prisoner?
2. What strange sight does Harker see along the side of the road as he is being taken to first meet Count Dracula?
3. When Mina is visiting Lucy, why does Mina become increasingly anxious about Harker?
4. What are Lucy and Mina writing letters about before Harker returns to town?
5. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)