|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which characters are the first to express concern about Harker's journey?
(a) Harker's mother.
(b) The landlord of the inn and his wife.
(c) A priest.
(d) A gypsy Harker meets on the side of the road.
2. What activity does Lucy begin to do at night during Mina's visit?
(b) Sleep talking.
3. What does Harker do when he realizes the Count is away from his home during Harker's captivity?
(a) He writes letters and sends them by carrier pigeons.
(b) He looks for secret passages in the church.
(c) He looks for a horse he can ride away from the farm.
(d) He explores more of the castle.
4. Where does Lucy live when Mina goes to visit her?
(a) Bartleby, Yorkshire.
(c) Whitby, Yorkshire.
5. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
(a) As a "fun and joyous holiday" for everyone.
(b) As a "stoic and silent day of penance" for all adults.
(c) When "all evil things in the world will have their sway."
(d) As a "celebratory day of feasting" when people get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. After what event does Mr. Swales die?
2. Whose marriage proposal does Lucy accept?
3. What makes Harker realize he is Dracula's prisoner at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What strange ship does Mina see entering the harbor while she is visiting Lucy?
5. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)