Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stoker convey the events of what happens in Chapter 1?
(a) Through Dracula's perspective.
(b) Through Dracula's journal entries.
(c) Through the journal of Harker's personal servant.
(d) Through Harker's journal entries.
2. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
(a) A trickle of blood on Harker's chin.
(b) The kind of razor Harker is using.
(c) The fact that Harker didn't finish all of his breakfast.
(d) The mirror Harker is holding.
3. What does Professor Van Helsing decide must be done as a treatment for Lucy?
(a) She needs to be on bed rest to protect the baby.
(b) She must be force-fed.
(c) She needs blood transfusions.
(d) She can eat nothing but vegetables for a week.
4. Where do Van Helsing and Seward stop before heading to Lucy's tomb?
(a) A library.
(b) A church.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A coffee shop.
5. What is Renfield's opinion of Mina?
(a) That she is a vampire in disguise.
(b) That she should be committed to the asylum, too.
(c) That she is kind and charming.
(d) That she is cruel and mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the status of Lucy's mother's health while Mina is in Budapest?
2. In what year was "Dracula" written?
3. What does Van Helsing place around Lucy's neck during and after her treatment?
4. What is expected to happen to the Russian ship that is out at sea when a major weather event occurs?
5. Which word could best be used to describe the tone of Chapter 1?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)