Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
(a) As a "celebratory day of feasting" when people get married.
(b) When "all evil things in the world will have their sway."
(c) As a "stoic and silent day of penance" for all adults.
(d) As a "fun and joyous holiday" for everyone.
2. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
(a) That he appears to have some kind of speech impediment.
(b) That he is rude and impersonal.
(c) That he is formal and courteous.
(d) That he has a great sense of humor.
3. What does Mina hope will assist Harker once he returns home?
(a) Her newly inherited wealth.
(b) Her typing and shorthand skills.
(c) Her desire to start a family right away.
(d) Her cooking skills.
4. What features does the figure hovering over Lucy have when she is out sleepwalking?
(a) A skeleton face and black, empty eyes.
(b) A white face and red eyes.
(c) A skeleton face and red eyes.
5. Who proposes marriage to Lucy?
(a) Dr. John Seward.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Arthur Holmwood.
(d) Mr. Quincey Morris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Lucy and Mina writing letters about before Harker returns to town?
2. What gift of protection is Harker given during his initial voyage to conduct business for Count Dracula?
3. Whose marriage proposal does Lucy accept?
4. Who awakens Harker from his nap when the Count is supposedly away from his home?
5. In what year was "Dracula" written?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)