|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the novel opens, where is Jonathan Harker traveling from?
2. Where does Count Dracula live?
(a) On a ship.
(b) In a castle.
(c) In a defiled church.
(d) On a farm.
3. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
(a) A trickle of blood on Harker's chin.
(b) The mirror Harker is holding.
(c) The kind of razor Harker is using.
(d) The fact that Harker didn't finish all of his breakfast.
4. Who is Mina?
(a) The innkeeper's wife.
(b) Harker's fiancée.
(c) One of Dracula's female friends.
(d) Dracula's servant.
5. When Dracula and Harker first stay up all night talking, what causes Dracula to abruptly end the conversation?
(a) The sunrise.
(b) He spills coffee all over himself and decides just to go to bed.
(c) He has another meeting to go to and has to leave early.
(d) He gets angry at one of the servants for dropping something.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Harker realize he is Dracula's prisoner at the end of Chapter 2?
2. Which characters are the first to express concern about Harker's journey?
3. How does Harker deal with realizing he is being held captive by Dracula?
4. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
5. How is St. George's Day first described in the novel?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)