|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Renfield as a result of his injuries?
(a) He dies.
(b) He recovers and is let out of the asylum.
(c) He eventually descends into madness.
(d) He recovers from being a vampire.
2. What kind of injuries does Renfield have when Seward, Van Helsing, Holmwood, and Morris find him in the asylum?
(a) His legs have been broken.
(b) His legs have been tied behind his back.
(c) He has been beaten on the chest.
(d) His neck and back appear to be broken.
3. How does Harker describe Dracula's physical appearance during his initial visit to meet him?
(a) Dracula has "sharp white teeth."
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Dracula has a "cruel-looking mouth."
(d) Dracula has "extraordinary pallor."
4. To whom does Dracula request Harker write a letter to during his captivity?
(a) Mr. Hawkins.
(b) The mayor of London.
(c) His fiancée.
(d) The Duke of Transylvania, who is also Dracula's brother.
5. What does Seward take Renfield's sense of self-assurance to mean?
(a) That Dracula has visited him.
(b) That he is a vampire.
(c) That he is in fact insane.
(d) That he is psychic.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dracula and Harker first stay up all night talking, what causes Dracula to abruptly end the conversation?
2. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
3. What strange ship does Mina see entering the harbor while she is visiting Lucy?
4. Whose marriage proposal does Lucy accept?
5. What frequent activity do Lucy and Mind engage in during Mina's visit?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)