|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mina do with Seward's diary entries?
(a) Rewrite them so they are no longer backward.
(b) Translate them from code.
(c) Transcibe them.
(d) Translate them from Latin.
2. Why does Van Helsing want Mina to visit after Lucy's death?
(a) He wants to check her for bite marks.
(b) He wants to get her away from Harker.
(c) He wants to talk to her about Lucy.
(d) He wants to ask her about her own health.
3. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's third medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
(a) No one, only Van Helsing.
4. What do Van Helsing and Seward discover in Lucy's tomb the first time they visit it?
(a) That Lucy's tomb has been robbed.
(b) That someone has been leaving letters for Lucy inside the tomb.
(c) That Lucy's coffin is empty.
(d) That a dummy has been put in the coffin instead of Lucy.
5. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
(a) The fact that Harker didn't finish all of his breakfast.
(b) A trickle of blood on Harker's chin.
(c) The mirror Harker is holding.
(d) The kind of razor Harker is using.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what object does Harker try to attack Dracula with when he appears after they have tried to destroy all of the wooden boxes?
2. What strange ship does Mina see entering the harbor while she is visiting Lucy?
3. When Mina is visiting Lucy, why does Mina become increasingly anxious about Harker?
4. Who volunteers to help with Lucy's fourth medical treatment at the hands of Professor Van Helsing?
5. How does Seward explain Lucy's lack of decomposition to Van Helsing?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)