|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Renfield's opinion of Mina?
(a) That she is a vampire in disguise.
(b) That she should be committed to the asylum, too.
(c) That she is cruel and mean.
(d) That she is kind and charming.
2. Why does Van Helsing want Mina to visit after Lucy's death?
(a) He wants to check her for bite marks.
(b) He wants to get her away from Harker.
(c) He wants to talk to her about Lucy.
(d) He wants to ask her about her own health.
3. In what form is Seward's diary recorded?
(a) In code.
(b) In Latin.
(c) On phonograph.
(d) It's written backward.
4. What does Seward conclude Renfield has a sense of assurance about, despite his wildly different moods and behaviors?
(a) That he will get out of the asylum soon.
(b) That he will acquire some higher life.
(c) That he will die soon.
(d) That Mina will marry him.
5. Why does Seward deny Renfield's request after Holmwood and Morris have visited him?
(a) Because Seward knows he is still a madman.
(b) Because he needs a spy in the asylum.
(c) Because he just wants to be cruel.
(d) Because Renfield still owes Seward a lot of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
2. What happens to the urgent telegram that Van Helsing sends to Seward?
3. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
4. How does Mina react to Van Helsing's assessment of Harker's journal?
5. How does Seward react to Renfield's constantly changing moods and behaviors?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)