|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Van Helsing's telegram to Seward say?
(a) That Lucy has died in her sleep.
(b) That Lucy has been found writing letters to Dracula.
(c) That more garlic is needed as soon as possible.
(d) That a guard be sent to Lucy that night.
2. What kind of feeling is overwhelming Lucy while Mina is in Budapest?
(a) She is worried because she has no feelings anymore.
(b) A feeling of being overwhelmed with wedding planning.
(c) A sense of darkness and fear.
(d) A sense of happiness.
3. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
(a) Money to help pay for his escape.
(b) A secret plea for help.
(c) A separate letter for his fiancée.
(d) Code with directions of finding Dracula's home.
4. What are Lucy and Mina writing letters about before Harker returns to town?
(a) Their upcoming marriages.
(b) Their annoying children.
(c) How they wish they had boyfriends.
(d) The increasing price of bread in the market.
5. What makes Harker realize he is Dracula's prisoner at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) All the windows and doors are firmly locked.
(b) His room and window suddenly have bars on them.
(c) He receives a letter from someone else advising him to escape as soon as possible.
(d) Dracula tells him so.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Holmwood and Morris think about Renfield after they meet him?
2. What is Renfield and Mina's initial conversation like?
3. What does Dracula force Harker to say in the letter he must write during his captivity?
4. Who comes to see Lucy right before she dies?
5. What object does Dracula flee with after attacking the vampire-hunting team?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)