|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mina hope will assist Harker once he returns home?
(a) Her desire to start a family right away.
(b) Her newly inherited wealth.
(c) Her typing and shorthand skills.
(d) Her cooking skills.
2. When Dracula and Harker first stay up all night talking, what causes Dracula to abruptly end the conversation?
(a) The sunrise.
(b) He spills coffee all over himself and decides just to go to bed.
(c) He gets angry at one of the servants for dropping something.
(d) He has another meeting to go to and has to leave early.
3. What does the telegram from Mina (to the vampire-hunting team) say about Dracula?
(a) That he has left Carfax and is headed toward Piccadilly.
(b) That he has left for London.
(c) That he has come to attack her again.
(d) That he is wearing a new disguise.
4. What does Dr. John Seward do?
(a) He is the town psychologist.
(b) He is the town veterinarian.
(c) He is head of the local lunatic asylum.
(d) He is the town doctor.
5. Who attacks Seward with a knife during Lucy's illness?
(d) Van Helsing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
2. Who reads all of Lucy's diary and letters in an attempt to understand her situation?
3. What object does Dracula flee with after attacking the vampire-hunting team?
4. Where do Van Helsing and Seward stop before heading to Lucy's tomb?
5. Why does Van Helsing want Mina to visit after Lucy's death?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)