|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
(a) The fact that Harker didn't finish all of his breakfast.
(b) The mirror Harker is holding.
(c) The kind of razor Harker is using.
(d) A trickle of blood on Harker's chin.
2. How does Mina think Van Helsing can exploit her psychic connection to Dracula?
(a) Through music.
(b) Through church.
(c) Through prayer.
(d) Through hypnosis.
3. Where does Dracula's name come from?
(a) The Latin "draco," which means both "dragon" and "evil."
(b) The French "dracier," which means to live forever.
(c) The Spanish "dracar," which means to suck blood.
(d) It's just a word Stoker made up on his own.
4. What does Seward take Renfield's sense of self-assurance to mean?
(a) That he is in fact insane.
(b) That he is a vampire.
(c) That he is psychic.
(d) That Dracula has visited him.
5. What does Harker begin researching during his stay with Harker?
(a) The whereabouts of his father's fortune.
(b) The whereabouts of the man he thought was Dracula.
(c) The whereabouts of the wooden boxes Dracula sent to London.
(d) The whereabouts of secret books on vampirism.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Mina and Harker get married?
2. Who proposes marriage to Lucy?
3. What happens to Mr. Hawkins shortly after Harker and Mina return from abroad?
4. What country does Dracula tell Harker he is planning to move to during Harker's first visit to his home?
5. What does Dr. John Seward do?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)