|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Seward explain Lucy's lack of decomposition to Van Helsing?
(a) He says its because it's very cold.
(b) He says that they just don't notice anything because they both love her.
(c) He says she hasn't been dead that long.
(d) He can't explain it.
2. How does Harker deal with realizing he is being held captive by Dracula?
(a) He stays calms and begins planning.
(b) He refuses to come out of his room.
(c) He considers how he can kill himself.
(d) He panics and yells all the time.
3. Where do Seward and Van Helsing hide on the first night they visit Lucy's tomb?
(a) In special boxes they built that were well hidden.
(b) In the churchyard.
(c) In the trees next to her tomb.
(d) In the chapel next to her tomb.
4. How does Seward react to Renfield's constantly changing moods and behaviors?
(a) He thinks he has developed a split personality.
(b) He thinks he is on the road to a full recovery.
(c) He remains suspicious.
(d) He thinks he is half vampire, half human.
5. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
(a) His blade is too dull.
(b) Someone steals his razors.
(c) There are no mirrors anywhere.
(d) He is too nervous to keep his hand steady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange ship does Mina see entering the harbor while she is visiting Lucy?
2. How does Van Helsing open Lucy's tomb?
3. Who leads the charge to find the missing wooden boxes?
4. What kind of information does Harker agree to provide for Van Helsing after Lucy's death?
5. What kind of feeling is overwhelming Lucy while Mina is in Budapest?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)