|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dracula's name come from?
(a) The Spanish "dracar," which means to suck blood.
(b) It's just a word Stoker made up on his own.
(c) The Latin "draco," which means both "dragon" and "evil."
(d) The French "dracier," which means to live forever.
2. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
(a) He is too nervous to keep his hand steady.
(b) There are no mirrors anywhere.
(c) His blade is too dull.
(d) Someone steals his razors.
3. What frequent activity do Lucy and Mind engage in during Mina's visit?
(a) Getting pedicures.
(b) Writing letters to their fiancés.
(c) Cooking big meals together.
(d) Taking frequent walks.
4. What are Lucy and Mina writing letters about before Harker returns to town?
(a) How they wish they had boyfriends.
(b) Their annoying children.
(c) Their upcoming marriages.
(d) The increasing price of bread in the market.
5. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
(a) A package.
(b) A silver crucifix.
(c) A letter.
(d) A picture of a house in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange ship does Mina see entering the harbor while she is visiting Lucy?
2. What features does the figure hovering over Lucy have when she is out sleepwalking?
3. When Mina is visiting Lucy, why does Mina become increasingly anxious about Harker?
4. Who awakens Harker from his nap when the Count is supposedly away from his home?
5. Who does Renfield keep claiming to speak to during his escape from the asylum?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)