|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
(a) A picture of a house in London.
(b) A silver crucifix.
(c) A package.
(d) A letter.
2. When Mina is visiting Lucy, why does Mina become increasingly anxious about Harker?
(a) Because she has heard rumors that he's having an affair.
(b) Because she decides she doesn't want to marry him anymore and wants to tell him.
(c) Because she is falling in love with someone else and wants to talk to him.
(d) Because she hasn't heard from him in a while.
3. What does Harker do when he realizes the Count is away from his home during Harker's captivity?
(a) He looks for a horse he can ride away from the farm.
(b) He explores more of the castle.
(c) He writes letters and sends them by carrier pigeons.
(d) He looks for secret passages in the church.
4. How does Harker react to Dracula's physical touch?
(a) He becomes very peaceful and relaxed.
(b) He becomes overwhelmed by nausea.
(c) He's surprised that he actually can't feel Dracula's touch.
(d) He becomes very sleepy.
5. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
(a) He frees himself by jumping out the window.
(b) He decides to become a vampire, too.
(c) He falls unconscious.
(d) He goes insane.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harker deal with realizing he is being held captive by Dracula?
2. Who awakens Harker from his nap when the Count is supposedly away from his home?
3. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
4. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
5. During their late night chats when Harker is being held hostage, what country's laws does Count Dracula seem particularly interested in?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)