|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dracula's name come from?
(a) The Spanish "dracar," which means to suck blood.
(b) It's just a word Stoker made up on his own.
(c) The Latin "draco," which means both "dragon" and "evil."
(d) The French "dracier," which means to live forever.
2. Who is Mina?
(a) Harker's fiancée.
(b) One of Dracula's female friends.
(c) Dracula's servant.
(d) The innkeeper's wife.
3. To whom does Dracula request Harker write a letter to during his captivity?
(a) Mr. Hawkins.
(b) The mayor of London.
(c) The Duke of Transylvania, who is also Dracula's brother.
(d) His fiancée.
4. How does Harker deal with realizing he is being held captive by Dracula?
(a) He refuses to come out of his room.
(b) He panics and yells all the time.
(c) He considers how he can kill himself.
(d) He stays calms and begins planning.
5. What is the source of Seward's depression?
(a) Lucy's refusal to marry him.
(b) His horrible job in the asylum.
(c) His alcoholism.
(d) His mounting debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Hawkins?
2. What strange ship does Mina see entering the harbor while she is visiting Lucy?
3. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
4. Who is Lucy?
5. What living things does Renfield eat?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)