|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who awakens Harker from his nap when the Count is supposedly away from his home?
(a) The smell of a delicious dinner being cooked.
(b) A woman's screams from outside.
(c) A crow in the window.
(d) Three beautiful women.
2. What does Mina hope will assist Harker once he returns home?
(a) Her typing and shorthand skills.
(b) Her cooking skills.
(c) Her desire to start a family right away.
(d) Her newly inherited wealth.
3. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
(a) That he is rude and impersonal.
(b) That he is formal and courteous.
(c) That he appears to have some kind of speech impediment.
(d) That he has a great sense of humor.
4. Where does Lucy live when Mina goes to visit her?
(a) Whitby, Yorkshire.
(c) Bartleby, Yorkshire.
5. Where does Dracula's name come from?
(a) The Latin "draco," which means both "dragon" and "evil."
(b) It's just a word Stoker made up on his own.
(c) The Spanish "dracar," which means to suck blood.
(d) The French "dracier," which means to live forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dracula force Harker to say in the letter he must write during his captivity?
2. What country does Dracula tell Harker he is planning to move to during Harker's first visit to his home?
3. Who is Lucy?
4. Who is Mina?
5. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)