|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
(a) His blade is too dull.
(b) There are no mirrors anywhere.
(c) He is too nervous to keep his hand steady.
(d) Someone steals his razors.
2. Who awakens Harker from his nap when the Count is supposedly away from his home?
(a) Three beautiful women.
(b) A crow in the window.
(c) A woman's screams from outside.
(d) The smell of a delicious dinner being cooked.
3. What does Dr. John Seward do?
(a) He is head of the local lunatic asylum.
(b) He is the town psychologist.
(c) He is the town doctor.
(d) He is the town veterinarian.
4. What is the source of Seward's depression?
(a) His alcoholism.
(b) Lucy's refusal to marry him.
(c) His horrible job in the asylum.
(d) His mounting debts.
5. Where does Dracula's name come from?
(a) It's just a word Stoker made up on his own.
(b) The Latin "draco," which means both "dragon" and "evil."
(c) The Spanish "dracar," which means to suck blood.
(d) The French "dracier," which means to live forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frequent activity do Lucy and Mind engage in during Mina's visit?
2. During their late night chats when Harker is being held hostage, what country's laws does Count Dracula seem particularly interested in?
3. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
4. What country does Dracula tell Harker he is planning to move to during Harker's first visit to his home?
5. Who does Renfield keep claiming to speak to during his escape from the asylum?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)