|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harker describe Dracula's physical appearance during his initial visit to meet him?
(a) Dracula has "sharp white teeth."
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Dracula has "extraordinary pallor."
(d) Dracula has a "cruel-looking mouth."
2. What is the source of Seward's depression?
(a) Lucy's refusal to marry him.
(b) His horrible job in the asylum.
(c) His mounting debts.
(d) His alcoholism.
3. What causes Dracula to go into a "demonic fury" while he is watching Harker shave during Harker's first visit to Dracula's home?
(a) A trickle of blood on Harker's chin.
(b) The kind of razor Harker is using.
(c) The mirror Harker is holding.
(d) The fact that Harker didn't finish all of his breakfast.
4. What makes Harker realize he is Dracula's prisoner at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) All the windows and doors are firmly locked.
(b) Dracula tells him so.
(c) He receives a letter from someone else advising him to escape as soon as possible.
(d) His room and window suddenly have bars on them.
5. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dracula's name come from?
2. Who awakens Harker from his nap when the Count is supposedly away from his home?
3. What does Mina do to keep Lucy from sleepwalking again?
4. Who does Renfield keep claiming to speak to during his escape from the asylum?
5. When Dracula and Harker first stay up all night talking, what causes Dracula to abruptly end the conversation?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)