|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mina is visiting Lucy, why does Mina become increasingly anxious about Harker?
(a) Because she is falling in love with someone else and wants to talk to him.
(b) Because she hasn't heard from him in a while.
(c) Because she decides she doesn't want to marry him anymore and wants to tell him.
(d) Because she has heard rumors that he's having an affair.
2. What features does the figure hovering over Lucy have when she is out sleepwalking?
(b) A skeleton face and black, empty eyes.
(c) A white face and red eyes.
(d) A skeleton face and red eyes.
3. What are Lucy and Mina writing letters about before Harker returns to town?
(a) Their upcoming marriages.
(b) Their annoying children.
(c) How they wish they had boyfriends.
(d) The increasing price of bread in the market.
4. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
(a) That he is formal and courteous.
(b) That he appears to have some kind of speech impediment.
(c) That he is rude and impersonal.
(d) That he has a great sense of humor.
5. Who is Mr. Hawkins?
(a) Harker's neighbor.
(b) Harker's employer.
(c) Dracula's boss.
(d) Dracula's neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frequent activity do Lucy and Mind engage in during Mina's visit?
2. After Harker realizes he is being held captive at Dracula's home, what country's history does the Count stay up late talking to Harker about?
3. During their late night chats when Harker is being held hostage, what country's laws does Count Dracula seem particularly interested in?
4. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
5. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)