|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mina hope will assist Harker once he returns home?
(a) Her typing and shorthand skills.
(b) Her newly inherited wealth.
(c) Her desire to start a family right away.
(d) Her cooking skills.
2. What is Harker's first impression of Count Dracula?
(a) That he appears to have some kind of speech impediment.
(b) That he is formal and courteous.
(c) That he is rude and impersonal.
(d) That he has a great sense of humor.
3. How does Harker deal with realizing he is being held captive by Dracula?
(a) He panics and yells all the time.
(b) He considers how he can kill himself.
(c) He refuses to come out of his room.
(d) He stays calms and begins planning.
4. How does Harker describe Dracula's physical appearance during his initial visit to meet him?
(a) Dracula has a "cruel-looking mouth."
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Dracula has "sharp white teeth."
(d) Dracula has "extraordinary pallor."
5. What does Dr. John Seward do?
(a) He is the town psychologist.
(b) He is the town doctor.
(c) He is the town veterinarian.
(d) He is head of the local lunatic asylum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frequent activity do Lucy and Mind engage in during Mina's visit?
2. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
3. When Mina finds Lucy in the middle of the night, where is she?
4. Who is Mina?
5. When Mina is visiting Lucy, why does Mina become increasingly anxious about Harker?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)