|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
(a) He falls unconscious.
(b) He frees himself by jumping out the window.
(c) He decides to become a vampire, too.
(d) He goes insane.
2. What does Harker do when he realizes the Count is away from his home during Harker's captivity?
(a) He writes letters and sends them by carrier pigeons.
(b) He explores more of the castle.
(c) He looks for secret passages in the church.
(d) He looks for a horse he can ride away from the farm.
3. What does Dracula force Harker to say in the letter he must write during his captivity?
(a) That he is going to stay another month in Transylvania.
(b) That he needs more money as soon as possible.
(c) That he is very happy with Dracula.
(d) That he no longer wants to marry his fiancée.
4. What kind of strange room does Harker find in Dracula's home that he later takes a nap in?
(a) A room off the barn that has a secret passage.
(b) A room with a fireplace that finally has some heat in it.
(c) A very pleasant and relaxing room.
(d) A basement that has been decorated and furnished very nicely.
5. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
(a) He shows Harker to his room and offers him dinner.
(b) He locks him away as soon as possible.
(c) He puts him to work in the study.
(d) He introduces him to the other dinner guests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
2. Who awakens Harker from his nap when the Count is supposedly away from his home?
3. When Dracula and Harker first stay up all night talking, what causes Dracula to abruptly end the conversation?
4. How does Harker deal with realizing he is being held captive by Dracula?
5. To whom does Dracula request Harker write a letter to during his captivity?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)