|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What almost happens to Harker after he is awoken from his nap in Dracula's home when he is being held prisoner?
(a) He is almost bitten by Dracula.
(b) He almost dies from the cold.
(c) He almost falls out of the window.
(d) He is almost bitten by a female vampire.
2. Why does Harker find it difficult to shave in Dracula's home while he is first visiting?
(a) His blade is too dull.
(b) Someone steals his razors.
(c) There are no mirrors anywhere.
(d) He is too nervous to keep his hand steady.
3. What frequent activity do Lucy and Mind engage in during Mina's visit?
(a) Cooking big meals together.
(b) Writing letters to their fiancés.
(c) Taking frequent walks.
(d) Getting pedicures.
4. What happens to Harker at the end of Chapter 3, when he sees a remarkable scene between Dracula and some of his "guests"?
(a) He falls unconscious.
(b) He goes insane.
(c) He decides to become a vampire, too.
(d) He frees himself by jumping out the window.
5. What does Mina do to keep Lucy from sleepwalking again?
(a) She locks her in at night.
(b) She sends her off to a nunnery.
(c) She chains her to the bed.
(d) She ties a rope around her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dracula force Harker to say in the letter he must write during his captivity?
2. What kind of strange room does Harker find in Dracula's home that he later takes a nap in?
3. What makes Harker realize he is Dracula's prisoner at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What are Lucy and Mina writing letters about before Harker returns to town?
5. What strange ship does Mina see entering the harbor while she is visiting Lucy?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)