|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Harker realize he is Dracula's prisoner at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) All the windows and doors are firmly locked.
(b) Dracula tells him so.
(c) His room and window suddenly have bars on them.
(d) He receives a letter from someone else advising him to escape as soon as possible.
2. When Dracula and Harker first stay up all night talking, what causes Dracula to abruptly end the conversation?
(a) He spills coffee all over himself and decides just to go to bed.
(b) He has another meeting to go to and has to leave early.
(c) He gets angry at one of the servants for dropping something.
(d) The sunrise.
3. What does Dracula do once Harker finally arrives?
(a) He shows Harker to his room and offers him dinner.
(b) He locks him away as soon as possible.
(c) He puts him to work in the study.
(d) He introduces him to the other dinner guests.
4. Who is Mr. Hawkins?
(a) Harker's neighbor.
(b) Dracula's boss.
(c) Dracula's neighbor.
(d) Harker's employer.
5. What does Harker include in the letter he is forced to write while a captive of Dracula's?
(a) A separate letter for his fiancée.
(b) Money to help pay for his escape.
(c) A secret plea for help.
(d) Code with directions of finding Dracula's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mina hope will assist Harker once he returns home?
2. When Mina is visiting Lucy, why does Mina become increasingly anxious about Harker?
3. How does Harker describe Dracula's physical appearance during his initial visit to meet him?
4. What is the source of Seward's depression?
5. What has Mr. Hawkins asked Dracula to deliver to Harker on his behalf?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)