|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dracula force Harker to say in the letter he must write during his captivity?
(a) That he no longer wants to marry his fiancée.
(b) That he is very happy with Dracula.
(c) That he needs more money as soon as possible.
(d) That he is going to stay another month in Transylvania.
2. Where are Harker and Mina living when they return from Budapest?
(a) In the home of Harker's boss.
(b) In Mina's mother's home.
(c) In a hotel until they can save money to buy a real house.
(d) With Lucy.
3. When Mina is visiting Lucy, why does Mina become increasingly anxious about Harker?
(a) Because she hasn't heard from him in a while.
(b) Because she decides she doesn't want to marry him anymore and wants to tell him.
(c) Because she is falling in love with someone else and wants to talk to him.
(d) Because she has heard rumors that he's having an affair.
4. What is the status of Holmwood's father's health while Mina is in Budapest?
(a) He is very ill with a bad heart.
(b) He has tuberculosis.
(c) He is dying.
(d) He is going insane.
5. What kind of strange room does Harker find in Dracula's home that he later takes a nap in?
(a) A basement that has been decorated and furnished very nicely.
(b) A very pleasant and relaxing room.
(c) A room with a fireplace that finally has some heat in it.
(d) A room off the barn that has a secret passage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Van Helsing and Seward stop before heading to Lucy's tomb?
2. What frequent activity do Lucy and Mind engage in during Mina's visit?
3. During their late night chats when Harker is being held hostage, what country's laws does Count Dracula seem particularly interested in?
4. What does Harker do when he realizes the Count is away from his home during Harker's captivity?
5. How does Seward explain Lucy's lack of decomposition to Van Helsing?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)