|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Sammie talk to about his mother?
(a) George Samuels.
(b) Rev. Sharpe.
(c) Dicky Dick.
(d) Aunt Lovesta.
2. Why does the fire alarm in town sound as Sammie is ready to leave with Professor Snubshoe?
(a) Indians are attacking the town.
(b) The Meeting Hall is on fire.
(c) Dencey is lost.
(d) A ship is coming into harbor.
3. How many coats does Stephen have?
4. Who has Injun Jill told about Dencey and Sammie's meetings for reading lessons?
5. What is the main event of Spring on Nantucket?
(a) Apple picking day.
(b) Strawberry picking day.
(c) Sheep shearing day.
(d) May Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dencey so sad on the day of Nantucket's main event?
2. Who agrees to take Sammie on as a cabin boy?
3. What devastating news does Sammie tell Dencey?
4. What is the only thing that Sammie will help Dencey do now?
5. Who wants to be Dencey's beau?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the basis of the silent war between Sammie and Injun Jill?
2. Why does the fire alarm ring in the morning, and why does Lydia hold Sammie responsible for the trouble?
3. What is Lydia's response when she finds that Dencey has been reading an inappropriate book?
4. What could be driving Injun Jill's behavior regarding Sammie?
5. What does Sammie tell Dencey about a fight he has had with Injun Jill?
6. What happens when Lydia confronts Dencey about meeting with Sammie at Brown's barn?
7. What is advertised on the poster tacked to a tree, and why is Aunt Susanna so appalled to find Dencey reading it?
8. Explain what happens when Injun Jill discovers Sammie studying with Dencey again.
9. What is Sammie's response when Dencey brings the alphabet poster chart for Sammie?
10. What does Lovesta tell Dencey about repentance and what does Dencey plan to do regarding Sammie?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)