|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the family's religion?
2. Who are the Fragmenters?
(b) Trash collectors.
(c) Wool spinners.
(d) Boys from the Fragment Society School.
3. Why does Lydia begin to avoid Tom?
(a) Her mother thinks she spends too much time with him.
(b) She is not sure that she wants a steady relationship.
(c) She wants to see other men too.
(d) She wants to see how serious Tom is.
4. Who is caught throwing pebbles at Lydia's window one night?
5. Who is Stephen's handicapped daughter?
(a) Crippled Rosie.
(b) Crippled Jane.
(c) Crippled Laura.
(d) Crippled Emma.
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose home does Sammie live?
2. Which of the people on the ship has died?
3. On what condition will Sammie forgive Dencey?
4. Into whose home does Lydia and Tom's family move?
5. For what is Injun Jill known?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disheartening news does Lydia receive in a letter from Tom?
2. What objects which Tom brings home does Dencey especially like? Why does her mother chastise her admiration of them?
3. Where does the Coffyn family move? Why do they like it, especially Dencey?
4. What are the circumstances that make Dencey angry enough to throw a rock at Sammie Jetsam?
5. How does Tom Coffyn meet Lydia Severance?
6. Why can Dencey not go to school after the rock throwing, and where does she decide to go?
7. Explain the class system on Nantucket.
8. What does Dencey think about as she sits in her room?
9. What is Dencey's plan to get Sammie to forgive her and what risk does she take if she carries it out?
10. What tragedies befall Martha White's family, and what does Lydia do to help?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)