|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Injun Jill's boyfriend?
2. Injun Jill says that she knows that Sammie has been spending time with whom?
3. Dencey sees a poster announcing ___________________________.
(a) A lost kitten.
(b) The Summer Festival.
(c) The annual apple picking contest.
(d) The arrival of Professor Snubshoe and his act.
4. Why is Lydia unable to get Sammie admitted to the school in #119?
(a) He does not have the tuition fee.
(b) He is not a full time citizen.
(c) He has not had the prerequisite classes.
(d) He caused too much trouble when he attended for a week.
5. What is the nature of Sammie's illness?
(a) He has the mumps.
(b) He has whooping cough.
(c) He has the measles.
(d) He has fever.
6. In Chapter 20, a silent war is going on between Sammie and _________________.
(a) Captain Moore.
(c) Injun Jill.
7. How old are Dencey and Hopestill in Chapter 41?
8. What is the prize for the winner of the corn husking contest?
(a) He got a new axe.
(b) He could eat his fill of homemade pies.
(c) He could kiss the prettiest girl.
(d) He got a week's worth of dinners.
9. What change does Lydia make to Dencey's room so that Dencey can think about what she has done and why she is being punished?
(a) She removes the lamp.
(b) She removes all the pictures.
(c) She removes Rosie's bed.
(d) She nails the shutters closed.
10. Where do Dencey and Sammie decide to hide the item from Injun Jill?
(a) A cellar.
(b) A cave.
(c) A well.
(d) An old wrecked ship.
11. What does Dencey bring so that Sammie would have something new to read?
(a) Rev. Westmoreland's sermon.
(b) Aunt Lovesta's sermon.
(c) Her Uncle Hubert's sermon.
(d) Lydia's poetry.
12. Lydia is glad to know that Dencey and Sammie were not meeting in Brown's barn for _______________.
(a) Play practice.
(b) Romantic reasons.
(c) Religious reasons.
(d) Secret reasons.
13. Who agrees to take Sammie on as a cabin boy?
14. Why does Sammie think he could not kiss Dencey?
(a) He would embarrass her.
(b) He would be rejected.
(c) He is not good enough for her.
(d) He would be too shy.
15. Which of Dencey's aunts is appalled that Dencey is reading the poster?
(a) Aunt Sara.
(b) Aunt Lovesta.
(c) Aunt Susanna.
(d) Aunt Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What annual Spring event occurs in Chapter 46?
2. What is on the chart that Dencey brings to the next lesson with Sammie?
3. What does Dencey know that she will continue to steal for Sammie?
4. Why does Dencey go down to the docks?
5. What is the main event of Spring on Nantucket?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)