|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Chapters 39-49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the fire alarm in town sound as Sammie is ready to leave with Professor Snubshoe?
(a) The Meeting Hall is on fire.
(b) Indians are attacking the town.
(c) Dencey is lost.
(d) A ship is coming into harbor.
2. Who becomes patriarch of Lydia and Tom's family?
3. Why does Tom begin to attend many Quaker meetings?
(a) So that he can write articles about them.
(b) So that he can see Lydia.
(c) So that he can better learn the religion.
(d) So that he can become a preacher.
4. Which of the following is something Aunt Lovesta does NOT tell Dencey that Dencey can do?
(a) Take food to Sammie.
(b) Be kind to Sammie.
(c) Make pies when her mother is out.
(d) Take Sammie to Aunt Lovesta's.
5. Why does Sammie say that Injun Jill looks down on him?
(a) He is an orphan.
(b) He is poor.
(c) He is a runaway.
(d) He is only half Indian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Dencey and Sammie worried about the reading lessons?
2. What name is given to the boys who torment Dencey on the street?
3. Which of the following was NOT a way that Sammie felt being around Dencey?
4. What is Injun Jill's quest?
5. What is the nature of Sammie's illness?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)