|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Chapters 27-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change does Lydia make to Dencey's room so that Dencey can think about what she has done and why she is being punished?
(a) She nails the shutters closed.
(b) She removes all the pictures.
(c) She removes the lamp.
(d) She removes Rosie's bed.
2. For what length of time is Tom home on this visit?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Eight weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
3. Why are Dencey and Sammie worried about the reading lessons?
(a) They are afraid that Dencey's mother won't approve.
(b) They are afraid that the church elders will find out what they are doing.
(c) They are afraid that Injun Jill will find them.
(d) They are afraid that they won't finish in time for Sammie to register for school.
4. What is something that Sammie notes about the Coffyn house which he craves?
(a) Woodworking skills.
(b) Nourishing food.
(c) Mental pursuits.
(d) Prayer rituals.
5. Why does Lydia scold Dencey when Lydia returns home?
(a) For eating too many apples.
(b) For reading a wicked book.
(c) For getting her dress muddy.
(d) For going out of her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Fragmenters?
2. Why does Sammie say that Injun Jill looks down on him?
3. Tom brought Dency sea shells and a _________________.
4. Who is the youngest of Stephen's children?
5. Why does Dencey ultimately decide to take Stephen's coat?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)