|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Chapters 27-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom brought Dency sea shells and a _________________.
2. What could happen to Lydia if it became public that Dencey was a bad girl?
(a) The Committee on Sufferings would publicly flog Lydia.
(b) Lydia and Dencey would have to take lessons from the church elders.
(c) Dencey would be taken away from her.
(d) She would be chastised publicly for being a bad mother.
3. What does The Committee on Sufferings ban Lovesta from doing?
(a) Making pies for gifts.
(b) Knitting scarves for the children.
(c) Speaking in church.
(d) Visiting the sick in town.
4. Who takes care of Martha when she, too, falls ill?
5. Why does Sammie give the book back to Dencey?
(a) He only likes picture books.
(b) He is not a Christian.
(c) He feels bad about taking it from her.
(d) He cannot read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom Coffyn returns after how many years at sea?
2. What is the main event of Spring on Nantucket?
3. What is Sammie's last name?
4. What quality does Dencey possess that helps her uphold her promise to teach Sammie to read?
5. Why can Lydia not marry Tom?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)