|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Tom NOT bring back from the Orient?
(a) Porcelain jars.
(b) Bottles of Sake.
(c) Ivory newel post button.
(d) Yards of silk.
2. Who is Caleb Severance?
(a) A school teacher.
(b) The owner of the pub.
(c) Tom's crew mate.
(d) A minister.
3. Why can Lydia not marry Tom?
(a) Her parents do not approve of him.
(b) She is promised to someone else.
(c) He is too old.
(d) He is outside the Meeting.
4. How is Hopestill related to Dencey?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are sisters.
(c) They are not related.
(d) They are step sisters.
5. What does Sammie do with the piece of ammonite?
(a) Buries it.
(b) Smashes it under his foot.
(c) Crushes it in his hands.
(d) Throws it against a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom brought Dency sea shells and a _________________.
2. How does Dencey plan to beg for Sammie's forgiveness?
3. On what street does Elias' house sit?
4. Who becomes patriarch of Lydia and Tom's family?
5. Who is Stephen's handicapped daughter?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)