|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tom embarrassed during the Quaker meeting?
(a) He has been staring at a beautiful woman.
(b) He sneezes repeatedly.
(c) He sings the wrong notes in the hymns.
(d) He has a coughing attack.
2. Who is Hopestill?
(a) Dencey's grandmother.
(b) Dencey's mother.
(c) Dencey's teacher.
(d) Dencey's friend.
3. Who is the young woman who has caught Tom's attention?
(a) Lauren Smythe.
(b) Louise Selby.
(c) Lynne Sexton.
(d) Lydia Severance.
4. What makes Dencey so happy about spending time with Tom?
(a) He makes riddles for her to answer.
(b) He speaks to her like an adult.
(c) He sings all the time.
(d) He carves a doll for her.
5. Into whose home does Lydia and Tom's family move?
(a) Captain White's home.
(b) Their newly built home.
(c) Tom's father's home.
(d) The former preacher's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tom's father?
2. Why did Tom not bring presents for the twelve children?
3. Dencey also likes that the new house is next door to whose house?
4. In a letter, Tom tells Lydia that he must go to ________________ to find more whales.
5. How is Hopestill related to Dencey?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)