|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the cause of the death of the person on the ship?
(a) Gunshot wound.
2. Who is the ten-year-old girl taken in by Lydia and Tom?
(a) Peggy Runnel.
(b) Ellen Mortimer.
(c) Patricia Ramsey.
(d) Sara Weston.
3. What time does Tom return home from sea?
(a) 6:00 PM.
(b) 8:00 AM.
(c) 12 Noon.
(d) 4:00 AM.
4. What happens to the baby of the man who died on the ship?
(a) He is kidnapped.
(b) He dies.
(c) He gets malaria.
(d) He develops heart trouble.
5. Which of the following does Tom NOT bring back from the Orient?
(a) Bottles of Sake.
(b) Yards of silk.
(c) Ivory newel post button.
(d) Porcelain jars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dencey's dress get a mark on it?
2. All the local children are afraid of ____________.
3. Why can Dencey not go on to school one morning?
4. Lydia accuses Dencey of falsely worshiping which objects?
5. Why does Sammie give the book back to Dencey?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)