|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All the local children are afraid of ____________.
(a) One-eyed Samson.
(b) Injun Jill.
(c) Ol' Pete.
(d) Rev. Westmoreland.
2. Who is Hopestill?
(a) Dencey's grandmother.
(b) Dencey's teacher.
(c) Dencey's friend.
(d) Dencey's mother.
3. Who fills Dencey's basket with food before she goes to visit Sammie?
4. Who takes care of Martha when she, too, falls ill?
5. What season is arriving at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dencey plan to beg for Sammie's forgiveness?
2. Which of the people on the ship has died?
3. At whose home does Sammie live?
4. When Sammie admits to Dencey that he cannot read, he is being _________________.
5. Why can Dencey not go on to school one morning?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)