|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Chapters 27-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sammie admits to Dencey that he cannot read, he is being _________________.
2. Why does Sammie say that Injun Jill looks down on him?
(a) He is only half Indian.
(b) He is a runaway.
(c) He is poor.
(d) He is an orphan.
3. What cruel reality does Dencey realize about Sammie's life?
(a) He has a club foot.
(b) He has a speech impediment.
(c) He has no one to care for him.
(d) He is a slow learner.
4. What change does Lydia make to Dencey's room so that Dencey can think about what she has done and why she is being punished?
(a) She removes Rosie's bed.
(b) She removes all the pictures.
(c) She removes the lamp.
(d) She nails the shutters closed.
5. How many coats does Stephen have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the people on the ship has died?
2. Who is caught throwing pebbles at Lydia's window one night?
3. Which of Dencey's aunts is appalled that Dencey is reading the poster?
4. Why can Lydia not marry Tom?
5. What does Lydia return to Sammie?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)