|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Chapters 27-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Sammie look for Dencey?
2. How long does Tom expect to be gone on this whaling trip?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) A year.
(d) A few weeks.
3. What does Tom promise the twelve children in lieu of gifts?
(a) A short trip on the ship.
(b) A shopping trip in town.
(c) Gifts the next time.
(d) Food from the ship.
4. Why does Tom begin to attend many Quaker meetings?
(a) So that he can write articles about them.
(b) So that he can better learn the religion.
(c) So that he can see Lydia.
(d) So that he can become a preacher.
5. Why can Dencey not go on to school one morning?
(a) She is breaking out in a rash.
(b) She sprained her ankle.
(c) She is dirty and disheveled.
(d) She has the stomach flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom has Sammie had a fight?
2. Which of Dencey's aunts is appalled that Dencey is reading the poster?
3. What does Aunt Lovesta tell Dencey she must promise not to do?
4. What does The Committee on Sufferings ban Lovesta from doing?
5. What is the name of the family's religion?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)