|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Chapters 27-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dencey plan to beg for Sammie's forgiveness?
(a) She will make a public apology in church.
(b) She will write a letter and give him a gift.
(c) She will offer to do his chores for him.
(d) She will invite him to her house for dinner.
2. What did the people of Nantucket rely on to make their living?
(b) The sea.
3. What is Sammie's demeanor when Dencey shows him the chart?
4. Who is Stephen's handicapped daughter?
(a) Crippled Rosie.
(b) Crippled Jane.
(c) Crippled Emma.
(d) Crippled Laura.
5. What complicates the search for Dencey?
(a) There is no moon.
(b) Snow is falling hard.
(c) It is raining hard.
(d) She may have been taken by Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes patriarch of Lydia and Tom's family?
2. What does Lydia promise as punishment for Dencey?
3. What season is arriving at the beginning of the book?
4. Why do the townspeople now think that Dencey is a good girl?
5. Which of the following is NOT something that tugs at Dencey's loneliness while in her room?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)