|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Chapters 7-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sammie admits to Dencey that he cannot read, he is being _________________.
2. Who is Caleb Severance?
(a) A minister.
(b) Tom's crew mate.
(c) A school teacher.
(d) The owner of the pub.
3. How many children does Lydia's brother, Stephen, have?
4. Why can Dencey not go on to school one morning?
(a) She sprained her ankle.
(b) She is breaking out in a rash.
(c) She has the stomach flu.
(d) She is dirty and disheveled.
5. What is the name of the brig that has arrived in the harbor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dencey's formal name?
2. Where does Dencey sit to think about what she has done to Sammie?
3. Why does Sammie give the book back to Dencey?
4. What are the boys playing as the book opens?
5. What cruel reality does Dencey realize about Sammie's life?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)