|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Chapters 14-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Dencey and Sammie decide to hide the item from Injun Jill?
(a) A cave.
(b) A well.
(c) A cellar.
(d) An old wrecked ship.
2. Why is Tom embarrassed during the Quaker meeting?
(a) He sneezes repeatedly.
(b) He sings the wrong notes in the hymns.
(c) He has been staring at a beautiful woman.
(d) He has a coughing attack.
3. What is on the chart that Dencey brings to the next lesson with Sammie?
(a) The alphabet.
(b) Summer flowers.
(d) Bible verses.
4. Why can Dencey not go on to school one morning?
(a) She is breaking out in a rash.
(b) She sprained her ankle.
(c) She is dirty and disheveled.
(d) She has the stomach flu.
5. Who is Tom's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom has Sammie had a fight?
2. Why does Dencey get mad at the boys on the street?
3. What does Dencey know that she will continue to steal for Sammie?
4. How many coats does Sammie have?
5. Why is the person who fought with Sammie mad?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)