|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, Chapters 20-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Tom expect to be gone on this whaling trip?
(a) Two years.
(b) A year.
(c) Six months.
(d) A few weeks.
2. Which of the following does Tom NOT bring back from the Orient?
(a) Porcelain jars.
(b) Bottles of Sake.
(c) Yards of silk.
(d) Ivory newel post button.
3. Lydia accuses Dencey of falsely worshiping which objects?
(a) The cameo brooch.
(b) The gold necklace.
(c) The pocket watch.
(d) The Oriental jars.
4. Lydia is glad to know that Dencey and Sammie were not meeting in Brown's barn for _______________.
(a) Play practice.
(b) Romantic reasons.
(c) Religious reasons.
(d) Secret reasons.
5. What book does Dencey give to Sammie?
(a) Robinson Crusoe.
(b) Pilgrim's Progress.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Little Women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes care of Martha when she, too, falls ill?
2. Why is Dencey so sad on the day of Nantucket's main event?
3. Into whose home does Lydia and Tom's family move?
4. Why are Dencey and Sammie worried about the reading lessons?
5. What happens to the baby of the man who died on the ship?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)