Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sister Aloysius say Donald Miller will lie to protect Father Flynn?
2. According to Mrs. Muller, what would Mr. Muller do to Donald if the situation at St. Nicholas gets out?
3. In the sermon Father Flynn delivers in Scene 6, where did the gossipy woman go the day after she gossiped?
4. What does Sister James say to Father Flynn as she leaves after their conversation in Scene 7?
5. What does Mrs. Muller say Father Flynn gives Donald?
Essay Topic 1
The Catholic church is almost a character unto itself in Doubt: A Parable. Describe how the church hierarchy affects the characters and plot of the play. How do the nuns and priests interact with each other? If they were not governed by the church, how might the story have ended differently? Provide evidence from the play to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Is Father Flynn innocent or guilty? Write an essay stating your opinion and using evidence from the play to support your thoughts.
Essay Topic 3
How do Father Flynn's views on doubt, as seen is his sermon on doubt delivered in Scene 1, differ from the actual consequences of doubt as shown through the actions of the play? Use specific examples from the play to support your ideas.
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)