Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sister Aloysius say Donald Miller will lie to protect Father Flynn?
2. According to Mrs. Muller, what would Mr. Muller do to Donald if the situation at St. Nicholas gets out?
3. In the sermon Father Flynn delivers in Scene 6, where did the gossipy woman go the day after she gossiped?
4. What does Sister James say to Father Flynn as she leaves after their conversation in Scene 7?
5. What does Mrs. Muller say Father Flynn gives Donald?
What is the importance of gender roles in the play? How do they affect the interactions of the characters and the plot?
Doubt: A Parable contains several instances of symbolism, such as Father Flynn's fingernails, the crows harassing Father Flynn, the pruning of the rosebush, etc. Choose two symbols from the play. Discuss what each of them represents and provide evidence from the play.
What are the doubts Sister Aloysius speaks of at the end of the play? Does she doubt Father Flynn's guilt? Is she doubting her position at the school? Does she doubt she's done the right thing by the students in having Father Flynn transferred?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)