Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sister Aloysius say Donald Miller will lie to protect Father Flynn?
2. According to Mrs. Muller, what would Mr. Muller do to Donald if the situation at St. Nicholas gets out?
3. In the sermon Father Flynn delivers in Scene 6, where did the gossipy woman go the day after she gossiped?
4. What does Sister James say to Father Flynn as she leaves after their conversation in Scene 7?
5. What does Mrs. Muller say Father Flynn gives Donald?
Sister Aloysius is both the protagonist and antagonist of the play. Write an essay discussing how she fits both of these roles. Provide examples from the play.
Mrs. Muller's relationship with her husband is much like Sister Aloysius' relationship with the men in the church. Write a brief essay explaining how these relationships are similar. What does Sister Aloysius attempt to do that Mrs. Muller seems afraid to do? What is the result?
There are a number of instances of compassion in this play. Compassion is displayed by characters we don't expect compassion from, and for characters we aren't certain deserve compassion. Write an essay discussing the ways in which compassion is used in this play. Who shows compassion and towards whom? Is the compassion warranted? From whom do we see unexpected compassion?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)