|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister James tell sister Aloysius she needed when they speak in Scene 9?
2. What does Sister Aloysius tell Sister James she told Father Flynn to make him leave?
3. What does Sister Aloysius tell Sister James maybe they are not supposed to do?
4. What does Mrs. Muller say Father Flynn gives Donald?
5. What does Sister Aloysius tell Father Flynn caused her to be watchful of him from the first day of school?
Essay Topic 1
In the end, do you think justice was served or was Father Flynn merely the subject of judgment? Why do you think this? Provide evidence from the play.
Essay Topic 2
Father Flynn and Sister Aloysius both claim to act in a manner that protects and benefits the students at St. Nicholas. However, the ways in which they go about achieving this goal differ greatly. Discuss how each character tries to help the students. Why do their actions put them in opposition with one another even though they both ultimately want the same thing?
Essay Topic 3
Sister James has undergone a major change by the end of the play. She begins the play as an enthusiastic and compassionate teacher, but one who follows what others tell her. What has changed about her by the end of the play? How did these changes come about?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)