|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Muller hint about Donald's nature?
2. What does Father Flynn say Sister Aloysius will not destroy?
3. Why does Father Flynn tell Sister James he avoids Donald Muller?
4. What does Sister Aloysius say wouldn't have worked if Father Flynn was innocent?
5. What does Sister Aloysius say has a price toward the end of the play?
Essay Topic 1
In the end, do you think justice was served or was Father Flynn merely the subject of judgment? Why do you think this? Provide evidence from the play.
Essay Topic 2
Mrs. Muller's relationship with her husband is much like Sister Aloysius' relationship with the men in the church. Write a brief essay explaining how these relationships are similar. What does Sister Aloysius attempt to do that Mrs. Muller seems afraid to do? What is the result?
Essay Topic 3
The nature of the church's teachings play a role in this play even though they are never overtly discussed. Father Flynn's and Sister James' views on how students ought to be taught vary considerably from Sister Aloysius' views. Write an essay discussing how each of the teachers feel about the way students should be treated, how the rules should be followed, and whether or not the secular world should be included.
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)