Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sister Aloysius say Donald Miller will lie to protect Father Flynn?
2. According to Mrs. Muller, what would Mr. Muller do to Donald if the situation at St. Nicholas gets out?
3. In the sermon Father Flynn delivers in Scene 6, where did the gossipy woman go the day after she gossiped?
4. What does Sister James say to Father Flynn as she leaves after their conversation in Scene 7?
5. What does Mrs. Muller say Father Flynn gives Donald?
Essay Topic 1
What are the doubts Sister Aloysius speaks of at the end of the play? Does she doubt Father Flynn's guilt? Is she doubting her position at the school? Does she doubt she's done the right thing by the students in having Father Flynn transferred?
Essay Topic 2
In the end, do you think justice was served or was Father Flynn merely the subject of judgment? Why do you think this? Provide evidence from the play.
Essay Topic 3
Mrs. Muller's relationship with her husband is much like Sister Aloysius' relationship with the men in the church. Write a brief essay explaining how these relationships are similar. What does Sister Aloysius attempt to do that Mrs. Muller seems afraid to do? What is the result?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)