|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Aloysius say Father Flynn will do until he is stopped?
2. What does Father Flynn say Sister Aloysius will not destroy?
3. Why does Mrs. Muller say Donald was sent to St. Nicholas instead of public school?
4. Where does Scene 7 take place?
5. At the end of Scene 8, who does Father Flynn call?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the end, do you think justice was served or was Father Flynn merely the subject of judgment? Why do you think this? Provide evidence from the play.
Essay Topic 2
The Catholic church is almost a character unto itself in Doubt: A Parable. Describe how the church hierarchy affects the characters and plot of the play. How do the nuns and priests interact with each other? If they were not governed by the church, how might the story have ended differently? Provide evidence from the play to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
What do Father Flynn's long fingernails tells us about him? What do they represent? How does Sister Aloysius feel about his fingernails? Why are Father Flynn's long fingernails significant?
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)