Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sister Aloysius say Donald Miller will lie to protect Father Flynn?
2. According to Mrs. Muller, what would Mr. Muller do to Donald if the situation at St. Nicholas gets out?
3. In the sermon Father Flynn delivers in Scene 6, where did the gossipy woman go the day after she gossiped?
4. What does Sister James say to Father Flynn as she leaves after their conversation in Scene 7?
5. What does Mrs. Muller say Father Flynn gives Donald?
In the end, do you think justice was served or was Father Flynn merely the subject of judgment? Why do you think this? Provide evidence from the play.
Father Flynn and Sister Aloysius both claim to act in a manner that protects and benefits the students at St. Nicholas. However, the ways in which they go about achieving this goal differ greatly. Discuss how each character tries to help the students. Why do their actions put them in opposition with one another even though they both ultimately want the same thing?
What do Father Flynn's long fingernails tells us about him? What do they represent? How does Sister Aloysius feel about his fingernails? Why are Father Flynn's long fingernails significant?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)