|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the ship in the parable of the sailor told by Father Flynn in Scene 1?
(a) It sinks.
(b) It arrives safely at the harbor.
(c) They throw Jonah overboard.
(d) The entire crew becomes ill.
2. What song does Sister Aloysius finally consent to having in the Christmas pageant?
(a) Winter Wonderland.
(b) Frosty the Snowman.
(c) It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas.
(d) Silent Night.
3. In Scene 4, what does Sister Aloysius say she thinks Monsignor Benedict does not know?
(a) What Father Flynn teaches.
(b) Who is President of the United States.
(c) Who the principal of the school is.
(d) The location of the White House.
4. What does Father Flynn say the boys must do at the free throw line?
(b) Follow a routine
(c) Stand up straight.
(d) Dribble the ball.
5. What happens after the sailor sets his course in the parable of the sailor?
(a) The raft sinks.
(b) A ship comes along.
(c) The sky clouds up.
(d) He is eaten by a shark.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 3, what does Father Flynn tell the boys to join him for?
2. What does Sister Aloysius say it is important for children to have?
3. What does the sailor in Father Flynn's sermon on doubt believe he may have once seen and has to hold on to without further reassurance?
4. According to Father Flynn, what do you do with your teammates during a basketball game?
5. Why is Sister James late to Sister Aloysius' office for her meeting with Father Flynn and Sister Aloysius?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sister Aloysius say she cannot afford an excessively innocent teacher?
2. According to Father Flynn, how did President Kennedy's death bring people together?
3. Why is Sister Aloysius anxious at the beginning of Scene 5?
4. Why does Father Flynn say it is okay for him to wear his nails a little long?
5. Why does Sister Aloysius think William London is headed for trouble?
6. In Scene 1, why does the sailor in Father Flynn's sermon feel despair when clouds cover the sky?
7. Why does Sister Aloysius think the song Frosty the Snowman is heretical?
8. Why does Father Flynn say it is dangerous to think at the foul line?
9. What is Father Flynn's relationship with the boys on the basketball team like?
10. In Scene 2, what is Sister Aloysius talking about when she asks: what good is a gift when it is left in the box?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)