|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father Flynn say the boys must do at the free throw line?
(a) Stand up straight.
(c) Dribble the ball.
(d) Follow a routine
2. What does Sister Aloysius say will have its consequence tomorrow?
(a) Every easy choice.
(b) Sister James' good teaching.
(c) Father Flynn's sermon.
(d) Every good deed.
3. In Scene 4, what does Sister Aloysius tell Sister James they cannot do when Sister James states she can't be sure anything happened between Donald Muller and Father Flynn?
(a) Go to the Monsignor.
(b) Talk to Donald Muller.
(c) Wait for something to happen.
(d) Call Donald's mother.
4. In Father Flynn's sermon on doubt, what did he say binds people together?
5. In Scene 3, what does Father Flynn say some of the boys have?
(a) Dirty fingernails.
(b) Dirty uniforms.
(c) Dirty shoes.
(d) Dirty hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sister Aloysius says the heart must be warm, but the ___ must be cold.
2. What does Sister Aloysius say happened to her husband?
3. What observation does Sister Aloysius make about Father Flynn's hands during their meeting in Scene 5?
4. What does Father Flynn say will sometimes get you?
5. What does Father Flynn tell the boys girls will do if you approach them with "filthy paws?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Father Flynn tell the boys about his childhood acquaintance Timmy Mathisson?
2. In Scene 4, why is Sister Aloysius trying to protect the rosebush from frost even though there hasn't been any frost?
3. Why does Sister Aloysius say that it makes sense for Father Flynn to take interest in Donald Muller?
4. In Scene 5, what two things about Father Flynn shock Sister Aloysius?
5. In Scene 5, when Father Flynn says that the sound of the wind must have been very lonely in frontier days, under what circumstance does Sister Aloysius say it would be lonely?
6. In Scene 1, why does Father Flynn say a private calamity is worse than a public one?
7. How do we know that this play is set in 1964?
8. Why does Father Flynn say it's important to have a routine for shooting a free throw?
9. Why does Sister Aloysius think the song Frosty the Snowman is heretical?
10. Why does Father Flynn say it is okay for him to wear his nails a little long?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)