|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 3, what does Father Flynn tell the boys to do after getting dressed?
(a) Go do their homework.
(b) Get to class.
(c) Report back to the gym.
(d) Go to the rectory for kool aid and cookies.
2. How does Father Flynn end his opening sermon?
(a) With a hymn.
(b) By saying Amen.
(c) By asking the congregation to cast aside doubt.
(d) He simply walks off.
3. What does Sister Aloysius think of the children's dance class?
(a) It's a waste of time.
(b) It is a good creative outlet.
(c) It's a good form of exercise.
(d) It will build strong muscles.
4. What does Father Flynn tell the boys that a routine will do for them?
(a) Help them get better grades.
(b) Win basketball games.
(c) Keep them from tensing up.
(d) Keep them organized.
5. According to Sister Aloysius, what is satisfaction?
(a) A virtue.
(b) A vice.
(d) What brought the cat back.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 4, who does Sister Aloysius say founded their order?
2. In Scene 4, what does Sister Aloysius say she thinks Monsignor Benedict does not know?
3. In the sermon delivered in Scene 1, for how long is the sailor at sea without a navigational aid?
4. Father Flynn tells the boys that people won't think they look silly when they do what?
5. What observation does Sister Aloysius make about Father Flynn's hands during their meeting in Scene 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Scene 1, why does Father Flynn say a private calamity is worse than a public one?
2. How do we know that this play is set in 1964?
3. Why does Sister Aloysius say that it makes sense for Father Flynn to take interest in Donald Muller?
4. Why does Sister Aloysius think the song Frosty the Snowman is heretical?
5. Why does Father Flynn compare the sailor's despair to a crisis of faith?
6. In Scene 5, what two things about Father Flynn shock Sister Aloysius?
7. In Scene 2, what does Sister Aloysius refer to when she says that every easy choice today has a consequence tomorrow?
8. What does Father Flynn tell the boys is different about shooting from the foul line versus the rest of the basketball game?
9. Why is Sister Aloysius so certain that someone will hit Donald Muller?
10. Why does Sister Aloysius say she cannot afford an excessively innocent teacher?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)