|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Sister Aloysius finally consent to having in the Christmas pageant?
(a) Frosty the Snowman.
(b) Silent Night.
(c) It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas.
(d) Winter Wonderland.
2. How does Sister Aloysius react to Father Flynn's reason for meeting privately with Donald Muller?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She thinks he is lying.
(d) She is delighted.
3. What does Sister Aloysius say Sister James will trade for a warm look?
(b) Her prized possession.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her pride.
4. What is Sister James' class doing while she is with Sister Aloysius in Scene 2?
(b) Having lunch.
(c) Attending gym class.
(d) Attending art class.
5. Who does Father Flynn say stands like a parking meter?
(c) Sister Aloysius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Aloysius say is dying across the country?
2. What does Father Flynn say was his reason for meeting with Donald Muller?
3. What does Father Flynn say about his fingernails?
4. According to Father Flynn, what do you do with your teammates during a basketball game?
5. In Scene 3, what does Father Flynn tell the boys to join him for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sister Aloysius say she cannot afford an excessively innocent teacher?
2. How do we know that this play is set in 1964?
3. In Scene 2, what is Sister Aloysius talking about when she asks: what good is a gift when it is left in the box?
4. Why does Father Flynn compare the sailor's despair to a crisis of faith?
5. Why does Father Flynn say it's important to have a routine for shooting a free throw?
6. Why does Sister Aloysius think William London is headed for trouble?
7. Why does Father Flynn tell the boys about his childhood acquaintance Timmy Mathisson?
8. In Scene 2, what does Sister Aloysius refer to when she says that every easy choice today has a consequence tomorrow?
9. What is Father Flynn's relationship with the boys on the basketball team like?
10. In Scene 1, why does Father Flynn say a private calamity is worse than a public one?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)