|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sister James' reaction when Sister Aloysius tells her she was married before she took her vows?
2. In Scene 3, what does Father Flynn tell the boys to do after getting dressed?
(a) Get to class.
(b) Go to the rectory for kool aid and cookies.
(c) Report back to the gym.
(d) Go do their homework.
3. What does Father Flynn say is on the other side of the glass from happy, untroubled people when he delivers the sermon in the opening scene?
(b) Everyone else.
(c) Your neighbor.
4. What is happening to Sister Veronica?
(a) She is retiring.
(b) She is going blind.
(c) She is dying of cancer.
(d) She is going deaf.
5. Father Flynn tells the boys that people won't think they look silly when they do what?
(a) Get noticed by girls.
(b) Run out on the court.
(c) Win the game.
(d) Get a basket.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 3, what does Father Flynn tell the boys to join him for?
2. What song does Sister Aloysius finally consent to having in the Christmas pageant?
3. In Scene 3, what does Father Flynn say some of the boys have?
4. In Scene 2, what does Sister Aloysius want Sister James to be with the children?
5. What is Sister James' reaction to the reason Father Flynn gives for his private meeting with Donald Muller?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Muller say is the real reason Mr. Muller beat Donald?
2. What does Sister Aloysius believe about Father Flynn's resignation from St. Nicholas?
3. Why is Sister Aloysius so certain that someone will hit Donald Muller?
4. Why does Father Flynn tell the boys about his childhood acquaintance Timmy Mathisson?
5. What about the crow in Scene 7 reminds the audience of Sister Aloysius?
6. Why does Sister Aloysius say she cannot afford an excessively innocent teacher?
7. In Scene 7, why does Father Flynn say that the truth makes for a poor sermon?
8. Why does Sister Aloysius think William London is headed for trouble?
9. What causes the woman in Father Flynn's sermon to feel guilty about gossiping?
10. What does Father Flynn say Sister Aloysius is holding the school and parish back from?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)