|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father Flynn say about his fingernails?
(a) He gets manicures.
(b) They are long, but clean.
(c) He likes to chew them.
(d) He needs to cut them.
2. How does Sister James say the students feel about Sister Aloysius?
(a) They think she is very smart.
(b) They seem terrified of her.
(c) They love her.
(d) They enjoy her sense of humor.
3. In Scene 4, who does Sister Aloysius say founded their order?
(a) The blessed Mother Seton.
(b) Saint Christopher.
(c) Saint Nicholas.
(d) Sister Ignacious.
4. How does Sister Aloysius react to Father Flynn's reason for meeting privately with Donald Muller?
(a) She thinks he is lying.
(b) She is delighted.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is relieved.
5. Besides taking the students for ice cream, what other trip does Father Flynn suggest for the boys?
(a) A trip to the beach.
(b) A camping trip.
(c) A trip to a bowling alley.
(d) A trip to a museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the opening scene of the play, Father Flynn describes the sailor's dilemma as what?
2. In his first sermon, what does Father Flynn say can be as powerful and sustaining as certainty?
3. Why is Sister James late to Sister Aloysius' office for her meeting with Father Flynn and Sister Aloysius?
4. Who teaches the physical education and religion classes?
5. In Scene 4, what does Sister Aloysius tell Sister James they cannot do when Sister James states she can't be sure anything happened between Donald Muller and Father Flynn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sister Aloysius say she cannot afford an excessively innocent teacher?
2. In the second part of Scene 8, what does Father Flynn say is the real reason Sister Aloysius is after him?
3. Why does Sister Aloysius say that it makes sense for Father Flynn to take interest in Donald Muller?
4. Why does Father Flynn say it is okay for him to wear his nails a little long?
5. Why does Father Flynn say it is dangerous to think at the foul line?
6. In Scene 8, why does Mrs. Muller think she may have come to Sister Aloysius' office on the wrong day?
7. In Father Flynn's sermon, what does Father O'Rourke tell the gossipy woman she should be particularly ashamed of?
8. What reason does Mrs. Muller give Sister Aloysius for Donald drinking the altar wine?
9. Why does Father Flynn say even in individual doubt, one is not alone?
10. Why is Sister Aloysius' work with the rosebush similar to her work at the school?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)