|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Aloysius say will have its consequence tomorrow?
(a) Every easy choice.
(b) Every good deed.
(c) Sister James' good teaching.
(d) Father Flynn's sermon.
2. What does Sister Aloysius say Sister James will trade for a warm look?
(b) Her pride.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her prized possession.
3. Who is described as having a bit of sunshine in his/her heart, but reserved?
(a) Sister James.
(b) Father Flynn.
(c) Donald Muller.
(d) Sister Aloysius.
4. In which place does Sister Aloysius says innocence is wisdom?
(a) Only in a school.
(b) Only in the church.
(c) Only in heaven.
(d) Only in a world without evil.
5. What does Sister Aloysius think of the children's dance class?
(a) It's a waste of time.
(b) It will build strong muscles.
(c) It's a good form of exercise.
(d) It is a good creative outlet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Flynn say about his fingernails?
2. When did William London's nose start to bleed?
3. In Scene 2, who is described as watchful, reserved, and unsentimental?
4. What does Sister Aloysius say is dying across the country?
5. What happened to Father Flynn's childhood acquaintance, Timmy Mathisson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Father Flynn say it is dangerous to think at the foul line?
2. In Scene 4, why is Sister Aloysius trying to protect the rosebush from frost even though there hasn't been any frost?
3. Why does Father Flynn say even in individual doubt, one is not alone?
4. In Scene 2, what is Sister Aloysius talking about when she asks: what good is a gift when it is left in the box?
5. What does Father Flynn tell the boys is different about shooting from the foul line versus the rest of the basketball game?
6. In Scene 1, why does Father Flynn say a private calamity is worse than a public one?
7. In Scene 5, when Father Flynn says that the sound of the wind must have been very lonely in frontier days, under what circumstance does Sister Aloysius say it would be lonely?
8. Why does Sister Aloysius think the song Frosty the Snowman is heretical?
9. Why is Sister Aloysius' work with the rosebush similar to her work at the school?
10. Why does Sister Aloysius say she cannot afford an excessively innocent teacher?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)