|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 4, what does Sister Aloysius tell Sister James they cannot do when Sister James states she can't be sure anything happened between Donald Muller and Father Flynn?
(a) Wait for something to happen.
(b) Go to the Monsignor.
(c) Talk to Donald Muller.
(d) Call Donald's mother.
2. What is Sister Aloysius' function at the school?
(a) She teaches literature.
(b) She teaches history.
(c) She is principal.
(d) She is in charge of the infirmary.
3. When the isolated affected people in Father Flynn's opening sermon ask God for help, what is His reply?
4. Who takes sugar in their tea during the meeting between Sister Aloysius, Father Flynn, and Sister James?
(a) Sister Aloysius.
(b) Sister James.
(c) Sister Veronica.
(d) Father Flynn.
5. What does Father Flynn tell the boys girls will do if you approach them with "filthy paws?"
(a) Ask the boys to wash.
(b) Run like they're being chased by the Red Chinese.
(d) Tell the boys they're gross.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the days roll on, what does the sailor in Father Flynn's sermon start to have?
2. In Scene 4, what does Sister Aloysius say that she wouldn't mind being?
3. What is Sister James' reaction when Sister Aloysius tells her she was married before she took her vows?
4. What disease did Father Flynn's childhood acquaintance, Timmy Mathisson get?
5. How did Sister James feel about last year's Christmas Pageant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Father Flynn's relationship with the boys on the basketball team like?
2. What differs in Sister Aloysius' story about Sister Veronica tripping over the fallen limb that she tells Mr. McGinn versus what she tells Father Flynn?
3. Why does Father Flynn say it is dangerous to think at the foul line?
4. Why does Father Flynn say it is okay for him to wear his nails a little long?
5. In Scene 4, why does Sister Aloysius say that she cannot live her life in innocence?
6. In Scene 5, when Father Flynn says that the sound of the wind must have been very lonely in frontier days, under what circumstance does Sister Aloysius say it would be lonely?
7. Why does Sister Aloysius say she cannot afford an excessively innocent teacher?
8. In Scene 1, why does Father Flynn say a private calamity is worse than a public one?
9. When Sister Aloysius says good teachers are never content, what does she mean?
10. Why does Father Flynn say even in individual doubt, one is not alone?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)