|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 4, what does Sister Aloysius say she thinks Monsignor Benedict does not know?
(a) Who the principal of the school is.
(b) The location of the White House.
(c) What Father Flynn teaches.
(d) Who is President of the United States.
2. What is Sister James' reaction when Sister Aloysius tells her she was married before she took her vows?
3. When the isolated affected people in Father Flynn's opening sermon ask God for help, what is His reply?
4. According to Father Flynn, what do you do with your teammates during a basketball game?
(a) Play as an individual.
(c) Share the ball.
(d) Stay out of the way.
5. When speaking about doubt in Scene 1, what does Father Flynn say is worse than a society sharing a sense of despair?
(a) A society in fear.
(b) A private calamity.
(d) A joy not shared.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sailor in Father Flynn's sermon on doubt believe he may have once seen and has to hold on to without further reassurance?
2. In Scene 4, who does Sister Aloysius say founded their order?
3. Why does Sister Aloysius say they cannot go to the Monsignor with their suspicions about Father Flynn?
4. What is Sister James' response when Sister Aloysius asks her if Donald Muller is being accepted.
5. What happened to Father Flynn's childhood acquaintance, Timmy Mathisson?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Scene 4, why does Sister Aloysius say that she cannot live her life in innocence?
2. Why does Sister Aloysius want to see Sister James become more self-confident?
3. Why does Father Flynn compare the sailor's despair to a crisis of faith?
4. Why does Sister Aloysius say she cannot afford an excessively innocent teacher?
5. What differs in Sister Aloysius' story about Sister Veronica tripping over the fallen limb that she tells Mr. McGinn versus what she tells Father Flynn?
6. What is Father Flynn's relationship with the boys on the basketball team like?
7. Why does Father Flynn say it is dangerous to think at the foul line?
8. Why does Father Flynn say it's important to have a routine for shooting a free throw?
9. Why does Sister Aloysius think William London is headed for trouble?
10. Why does Father Flynn tell the boys about his childhood acquaintance Timmy Mathisson?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)