|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 4, what does Sister Aloysius say it is her job to do?
(a) To outshine the fox in cleverness.
(b) To outswim the fishes.
(c) To top the hare in speed.
(d) To beat the sheep in meakness.
2. What did Mr. McGinn forget to do after pruning the rosebush?
(a) Water the bush.
(b) Bring the flowers to Sister Aloysius.
(c) Clean up the clippings.
(d) Protect the bush from frost.
3. Why doesn't Sister James think anyone will hit Donald Muller?
(a) Father Flynn is his protector.
(b) He knows karate.
(c) They all like him.
(d) He is very big.
4. In Scene 4, what does Sister Aloysius say she thinks Monsignor Benedict does not know?
(a) Who the principal of the school is.
(b) Who is President of the United States.
(c) The location of the White House.
(d) What Father Flynn teaches.
5. What does Sister Aloysius say causes nuns to fall like dominoes?
(a) Their uncomfortable shoes.
(b) They are always looking up.
(c) Their habits catch on things.
(d) They are clumsy people.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, what does Father Flynn say that only God knows about the isolated affected people?
2. Besides taking the students for ice cream, what other trip does Father Flynn suggest for the boys?
3. Sister Aloysius says the heart must be warm, but the ___ must be cold.
4. What does Father Flynn say will sometimes get you?
5. As the days roll on, what does the sailor in Father Flynn's sermon start to have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Father Flynn tell the boys about his childhood acquaintance Timmy Mathisson?
2. Why does Father Flynn compare the sailor's despair to a crisis of faith?
3. In Scene 2, what is Sister Aloysius talking about when she asks: what good is a gift when it is left in the box?
4. Why is Sister Aloysius so certain that someone will hit Donald Muller?
5. Why does Father Flynn say even in individual doubt, one is not alone?
6. According to Father Flynn, how did President Kennedy's death bring people together?
7. Why does Father Flynn say it's important to have a routine for shooting a free throw?
8. Why does Sister Aloysius say she cannot close her eyes to the situation with Father Flynn and Donald Muller?
9. In Scene 1, why does Father Flynn say a private calamity is worse than a public one?
10. What is Father Flynn's relationship with the boys on the basketball team like?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)