|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sister James' reaction to the reason Father Flynn gives for his private meeting with Donald Muller?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is shocked.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She doesn't believe him.
2. What is Sister James' class doing while she is with Sister Aloysius in Scene 2?
(b) Having lunch.
(c) Attending gym class.
(d) Attending art class.
3. What does Father Flynn say about shooting from the free throw line?
(a) It's easy.
(b) It's psychological.
(c) The boys should avoid it.
(d) Only the best players can do it.
4. According to Father Flynn, what do you do with your teammates during a basketball game?
(a) Play as an individual.
(b) Stay out of the way.
(c) Share the ball.
5. What does Father Flynn suggest they include in this year's pageant?
(a) The teachers.
(b) The Lord's Prayer.
(c) A secular song.
(d) A Christmas tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What observation does Sister Aloysius make about Father Flynn's hands during their meeting in Scene 5?
2. Who does Father Flynn say stands like a parking meter?
3. What does Sister Aloysius say the founder of their order did before taking vows?
4. In Scene 4, what does Sister Aloysius tell Sister James they cannot do when Sister James states she can't be sure anything happened between Donald Muller and Father Flynn?
5. What did Mr. McGinn forget to do after pruning the rosebush?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sister Aloysius' work with the rosebush similar to her work at the school?
2. In Scene 1, why does Father Flynn say a private calamity is worse than a public one?
3. Why does Father Flynn tell the boys about his childhood acquaintance Timmy Mathisson?
4. In Scene 5, when Father Flynn says that the sound of the wind must have been very lonely in frontier days, under what circumstance does Sister Aloysius say it would be lonely?
5. Why does Sister Aloysius think William London is headed for trouble?
6. Why is Sister Aloysius so certain that someone will hit Donald Muller?
7. Why does Father Flynn say it's important to have a routine for shooting a free throw?
8. In Scene 1, why does the sailor in Father Flynn's sermon feel despair when clouds cover the sky?
9. Why does Father Flynn compare the sailor's despair to a crisis of faith?
10. In Scene 2, what is Sister Aloysius talking about when she asks: what good is a gift when it is left in the box?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)