|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what does Sister Aloysius ask Sister James to do when Sister Veronica is on the stone stairs?
(a) Come and get Sister Aloysius.
(b) Move out of the way.
(c) Alert Father Flynn.
(d) Lead Sister Veronica down.
2. What does Sister Aloysius say causes nuns to fall like dominoes?
(a) They are clumsy people.
(b) They are always looking up.
(c) Their habits catch on things.
(d) Their uncomfortable shoes.
3. In Scene 5, who serves the tea?
(a) Father Flynn.
(b) Sister James.
(c) Sister Aloysius.
(d) Sister Veronica.
4. What idea does Father Flynn have for a sermon while meeting with Sister Aloysius in Scene 5?
5. What does Father Flynn say was his reason for meeting with Donald Muller?
(a) He caught Donald drinking the communion wine.
(b) He wanted to discuss Donald's poor grades.
(c) Donald had a question about the religion class.
(d) Donald was being bullied.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Scene 5, who does Sister Aloysius call?
2. How does Father Flynn end his opening sermon?
3. In Scene 3, what does Father Flynn say some of the boys have?
4. Where does Sister James say Father Flynn took Donald Muller alone?
5. How does Sister Aloysius react to Father Flynn's reason for meeting privately with Donald Muller?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sister Aloysius want to see Sister James become more self-confident?
2. According to Father Flynn, how did President Kennedy's death bring people together?
3. In Scene 4, why does Sister Aloysius say that she cannot live her life in innocence?
4. Why does Father Flynn say it is okay for him to wear his nails a little long?
5. Why is Sister Aloysius anxious at the beginning of Scene 5?
6. In Scene 4, why is Sister Aloysius trying to protect the rosebush from frost even though there hasn't been any frost?
7. Why does Sister Aloysius say she cannot afford an excessively innocent teacher?
8. In Scene 1, why does the sailor in Father Flynn's sermon feel despair when clouds cover the sky?
9. Why does Sister Aloysius say that it makes sense for Father Flynn to take interest in Donald Muller?
10. Why does Sister Aloysius think the song Frosty the Snowman is heretical?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)