|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 3, what is Father Flynn wearing?
(a) Shorts and a t-shirt.
(b) His priest's robe.
(c) Dress pants and a dress shirt.
(d) Sweat shirt and pants.
2. Sister Aloysius says the heart must be warm, but the ___ must be cold.
3. When speaking about doubt in Scene 1, what does Father Flynn say is worse than a society sharing a sense of despair?
(a) A society in fear.
(b) A joy not shared.
(c) A private calamity.
4. In Scene 4, who does Sister Aloysius say founded their order?
(a) The blessed Mother Seton.
(b) Saint Nicholas.
(c) Sister Ignacious.
(d) Saint Christopher.
5. What does Sister Aloysius say the founder of their order did before taking vows?
(c) She was married and had 5 children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the ship in the parable of the sailor told by Father Flynn in Scene 1?
2. What does Sister Aloysius compare Donald Muller and Father Flynn to during Scene 4?
3. Why is Sister James late to Sister Aloysius' office for her meeting with Father Flynn and Sister Aloysius?
4. As the days roll on, what does the sailor in Father Flynn's sermon start to have?
5. Who tripped over the broken branch?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Scene 1, why does the sailor in Father Flynn's sermon feel despair when clouds cover the sky?
2. What reason does Father Flynn give Sister James for his not wanting to defend himself against Sister Aloysius' accusations?
3. What does Mrs. Muller say is the real reason Mr. Muller beat Donald?
4. What is Father Flynn's relationship with the boys on the basketball team like?
5. In Scene 1, why does Father Flynn say a private calamity is worse than a public one?
6. Why does Sister Aloysius think the song Frosty the Snowman is heretical?
7. What shocks Sister James about Sister Aloysius' call to Father Flynn's prior parish?
8. What reason does Mrs. Muller give Sister Aloysius for Donald drinking the altar wine?
9. What differs in Sister Aloysius' story about Sister Veronica tripping over the fallen limb that she tells Mr. McGinn versus what she tells Father Flynn?
10. What does Father Flynn say is wrong about Sister Aloysius contacting his prior parish?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)