|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what does Sister Aloysius want Sister James to be with the children?
2. What does Sister Aloysius say the founder of their order did before taking vows?
(a) She was married and had 5 children.
3. What does Father Flynn say about shooting from the free throw line?
(a) It's psychological.
(b) It's easy.
(c) The boys should avoid it.
(d) Only the best players can do it.
4. What is Sister James' response when Sister Aloysius asks her if Donald Muller is being accepted.
(a) He has no friends.
(b) He has a few friends.
(c) He is well liked.
(d) He is class president.
5. What does Father Flynn say was his reason for meeting with Donald Muller?
(a) Donald had a question about the religion class.
(b) He caught Donald drinking the communion wine.
(c) He wanted to discuss Donald's poor grades.
(d) Donald was being bullied.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes sugar in their tea during the meeting between Sister Aloysius, Father Flynn, and Sister James?
2. In the sermon delivered in Scene 1, for how long is the sailor at sea without a navigational aid?
3. When speaking about doubt in Scene 1, what does Father Flynn say is worse than a society sharing a sense of despair?
4. What happens to the crew of the ship in the parable of the sailor?
5. What is Sister James' class doing while she is with Sister Aloysius in Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sister Aloysius' work with the rosebush similar to her work at the school?
2. Why does Sister Aloysius think William London is headed for trouble?
3. What is Father Flynn's relationship with the boys on the basketball team like?
4. In Scene 1, why does Father Flynn say a private calamity is worse than a public one?
5. How do we know that this play is set in 1964?
6. What differs in Sister Aloysius' story about Sister Veronica tripping over the fallen limb that she tells Mr. McGinn versus what she tells Father Flynn?
7. In Scene 4, why does Sister Aloysius say that she cannot live her life in innocence?
8. Why is Sister Aloysius so certain that someone will hit Donald Muller?
9. Why is Sister Aloysius anxious at the beginning of Scene 5?
10. In Scene 2, what does Sister Aloysius refer to when she says that every easy choice today has a consequence tomorrow?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)