|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What observation does Sister Aloysius make about Father Flynn's hands during their meeting in Scene 5?
(a) He has a tiny tattoo on the back of his left hand.
(b) His fingernails are long.
(c) He has feminine hands.
(d) His hands are dirty.
2. When the isolated affected people in Father Flynn's opening sermon ask God for help, what is His reply?
3. Who teaches the physical education and religion classes?
(a) Father Flynn.
(b) Sister James.
(c) Sister Veronica.
(d) Sister Aloysius.
4. Where does Sister James say Father Flynn took Donald Muller alone?
(a) The gym.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The rectory.
(d) A movie.
5. What does Sister Aloysius say will have its consequence tomorrow?
(a) Every good deed.
(b) Every easy choice.
(c) Father Flynn's sermon.
(d) Sister James' good teaching.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Father Flynn say stands like a parking meter?
2. In the sermon delivered in Scene 1, for how long is the sailor at sea without a navigational aid?
3. What does Father Flynn say about shooting from the free throw line?
4. What is Sister Aloysius' function at the school?
5. What is Sister James' reaction to the reason Father Flynn gives for his private meeting with Donald Muller?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Mrs. Muller give Sister Aloysius for Donald drinking the altar wine?
2. Why does Sister Aloysius think William London is headed for trouble?
3. Why does Sister Aloysius say she cannot close her eyes to the situation with Father Flynn and Donald Muller?
4. In Scene 2, what is Sister Aloysius talking about when she asks: what good is a gift when it is left in the box?
5. Why does Sister Aloysius say she cannot afford an excessively innocent teacher?
6. Why does Father Flynn compare the sailor's despair to a crisis of faith?
7. In Scene 8, why does Mrs. Muller think she may have come to Sister Aloysius' office on the wrong day?
8. In Scene 1, why does the sailor in Father Flynn's sermon feel despair when clouds cover the sky?
9. Why does Father Flynn say it is okay for him to wear his nails a little long?
10. What does Father Flynn tell the boys is different about shooting from the foul line versus the rest of the basketball game?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)