|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Father Flynn say stands like a parking meter?
(a) Sister Aloysius.
2. Where does Sister James say Father Flynn took Donald Muller alone?
(a) The gym.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The rectory.
(d) A movie.
3. In Scene 2, what does Sister Aloysius ask Sister James to do when Sister Veronica is on the stone stairs?
(a) Lead Sister Veronica down.
(b) Come and get Sister Aloysius.
(c) Alert Father Flynn.
(d) Move out of the way.
4. What does Father Flynn say about his fingernails?
(a) They are long, but clean.
(b) He gets manicures.
(c) He needs to cut them.
(d) He likes to chew them.
5. Father Flynn tells the boys that people won't think they look silly when they do what?
(a) Get a basket.
(b) Run out on the court.
(c) Win the game.
(d) Get noticed by girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Flynn say about shooting from the free throw line?
2. When the isolated affected people in Father Flynn's opening sermon ask God for help, what is His reply?
3. What does the sailor in Father Flynn's sermon on doubt believe he may have once seen and has to hold on to without further reassurance?
4. In Scene 3, what does Father Flynn tell the boys to join him for?
5. In the sermon delivered in Scene 1, for how long is the sailor at sea without a navigational aid?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sister Aloysius say that it makes sense for Father Flynn to take interest in Donald Muller?
2. According to Father Flynn, how did President Kennedy's death bring people together?
3. In Scene 2, what is Sister Aloysius talking about when she asks: what good is a gift when it is left in the box?
4. In Scene 4, why is Sister Aloysius trying to protect the rosebush from frost even though there hasn't been any frost?
5. In Scene 5, when Father Flynn says that the sound of the wind must have been very lonely in frontier days, under what circumstance does Sister Aloysius say it would be lonely?
6. Why does Sister Aloysius want to see Sister James become more self-confident?
7. In Scene 1, why does the sailor in Father Flynn's sermon feel despair when clouds cover the sky?
8. Why is Sister Aloysius so certain that someone will hit Donald Muller?
9. In Scene 5, what makes Father Flynn have an idea to preach a sermon on intolerance?
10. Why does Father Flynn compare the sailor's despair to a crisis of faith?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)