|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 3, what does Father Flynn tell the boys to do after getting dressed?
(a) Go to the rectory for kool aid and cookies.
(b) Get to class.
(c) Go do their homework.
(d) Report back to the gym.
2. Where does Sister James say Father Flynn took Donald Muller alone?
(a) A movie.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The gym.
(d) The rectory.
3. In the parable of the sailor, what is the raft made of?
(c) A lifeboat.
(d) Cargo boxes.
4. How does Sister James say the students feel about Sister Aloysius?
(a) They seem terrified of her.
(b) They love her.
(c) They enjoy her sense of humor.
(d) They think she is very smart.
5. What is Father Flynn's reaction when his private meeting with Donald Muller is brought up during the meeting in Sister Aloysius' office?
(a) He has no idea what the nuns are talking about.
(b) He realizes something is up.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He is immediately angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Flynn say about his fingernails?
2. In Scene 2, what does Sister Aloysius want Sister James to be with the children?
3. What does Sister Aloysius say causes nuns to fall like dominoes?
4. Father Flynn tells the boys that people won't think they look silly when they do what?
5. What song does Sister Aloysius finally consent to having in the Christmas pageant?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Scene 5, what two things about Father Flynn shock Sister Aloysius?
2. What is Father Flynn's relationship with the boys on the basketball team like?
3. In Scene 4, why does Sister Aloysius say that she cannot live her life in innocence?
4. When Sister Aloysius says good teachers are never content, what does she mean?
5. In Scene 5, when Father Flynn says that the sound of the wind must have been very lonely in frontier days, under what circumstance does Sister Aloysius say it would be lonely?
6. What does Father Flynn tell the boys is different about shooting from the foul line versus the rest of the basketball game?
7. In Scene 1, why does the sailor in Father Flynn's sermon feel despair when clouds cover the sky?
8. Why does Sister Aloysius think William London is headed for trouble?
9. Why does Father Flynn say it's important to have a routine for shooting a free throw?
10. In Scene 2, what is Sister Aloysius talking about when she asks: what good is a gift when it is left in the box?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)