|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides taking the students for ice cream, what other trip does Father Flynn suggest for the boys?
(a) A trip to a museum.
(b) A trip to the beach.
(c) A trip to a bowling alley.
(d) A camping trip.
2. According to Father Flynn, when you're at the free throw line, it's you versus who?
(b) The ball.
(c) The hoop.
(d) The clock.
3. What is Sister James' response when Sister Aloysius asks her if Donald Muller is being accepted.
(a) He has a few friends.
(b) He is class president.
(c) He has no friends.
(d) He is well liked.
4. What observation does Sister Aloysius make about Father Flynn's hands during their meeting in Scene 5?
(a) He has feminine hands.
(b) He has a tiny tattoo on the back of his left hand.
(c) His fingernails are long.
(d) His hands are dirty.
5. In the parable of the sailor, what is the raft made of?
(b) Cargo boxes.
(c) A lifeboat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does Sister Aloysius finally consent to having in the Christmas pageant?
2. What does Father Flynn believe is the danger at the free throw line?
3. What does Sister Aloysius say will have its consequence tomorrow?
4. What disease did Father Flynn's childhood acquaintance, Timmy Mathisson get?
5. Who tripped over the broken branch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do we know that this play is set in 1964?
2. Why does Father Flynn tell the boys about his childhood acquaintance Timmy Mathisson?
3. When Sister Aloysius says good teachers are never content, what does she mean?
4. Why is Sister Aloysius anxious at the beginning of Scene 5?
5. Why does Father Flynn say it is dangerous to think at the foul line?
6. Why is Sister Aloysius so certain that someone will hit Donald Muller?
7. In Scene 5, what two things about Father Flynn shock Sister Aloysius?
8. In Scene 5, what makes Father Flynn have an idea to preach a sermon on intolerance?
9. What differs in Sister Aloysius' story about Sister Veronica tripping over the fallen limb that she tells Mr. McGinn versus what she tells Father Flynn?
10. Why is Sister Aloysius' work with the rosebush similar to her work at the school?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)