|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 7, what does Father Flynn compare Sister Aloysius to?
(a) A whale.
(b) A block of ice.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A clever fox.
2. What does Mrs. Muller say Father Flynn gives Donald?
(a) Good self esteem.
(b) A father figure.
(d) His time.
3. To what position is Father Flynn assigned after leaving St. Nicholas?
(a) Sixth grade teacher.
(c) Teacher of history.
4. How does Sister James describe Donald Muller at Father Flynn's departure?
5. Why does Sister Aloysius say Donald Miller will lie to protect Father Flynn?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) Father Flynn threatened him.
(c) Father Flynn seduced him.
(d) He is embarrassed.
6. What does Sister Aloysius say was Father Flynn's confession?
(a) He called the Bishop.
(b) He asked for Donald's forgiveness.
(c) His resignation.
(d) He broke down and cried.
7. According to Mrs. Muller, what would Mr. Muller do to Donald if the situation at St. Nicholas gets out?
(a) Love him even more.
(b) Take him to a psychiatrist.
(c) Disown him.
(d) Kill him.
8. At the end of Scene 8, who does Father Flynn call?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) The Monsignor.
(c) His mother.
(d) Sister James.
9. What does Father O'Rourke say to the woman after she responds to his second request?
(a) He says she's banished from the church.
(b) That is gossip.
(c) He says she is a good woman.
(d) That is a sin.
10. Where does Sister Aloysius say her compassion is?
(a) On her sleeve.
(b) She has none.
(c) Locked in her heart.
(d) Nowhere Father Flynn can get at it.
11. What kind of bird is making noise in Scene 7?
(a) A robin.
(b) A bluejay.
(c) A goose.
(d) A crow.
12. Which one of her relations does Sister James say is ill?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her Father.
13. What was the gossipy woman in Father Flynn's sermon seized by?
(b) Her neighbor.
(c) The police.
(d) The person she gossiped about.
14. In the sermon Father Flynn delivers in Scene 6, where did the gossipy woman go the day after she gossiped?
(a) To the house of the person she gossiped about.
(b) To her mother's.
(c) To confession.
(d) To jail.
15. What sin did Father O'Rourke say the gossipy woman had committed?
(a) Using the name of the Lord in vain.
(b) Borne false witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Aloysius confess to Sister James that she did not do?
2. In Scene 9, who else does Sister Aloysius say she told about Father Flynn?
3. What is Sister James doing when Scene 7 begins?
4. Where does Father Flynn say Sister Aloysius had no right to step?
5. What does Sister Aloysius tell Sister James maybe they are not supposed to do?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)