|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Father O'Rourke tell the woman to do with the pillow?
(a) Throw it away.
(b) Give it to the poor.
(c) Cut it open and empty it.
(d) Give it to the person she'd gossiped about.
2. In Scene 9, who else does Sister Aloysius say she told about Father Flynn?
(a) Sister Veronica.
(b) Monsignor Benedict.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) Mr. Muller.
3. What did Father O'Rourke tell the woman to do when she returned home after the second time he spoke with her?
(a) Pick up the feathers.
(b) Tell the person she'd gossiped about what she'd done.
(c) Leave town.
(d) Give money to the church.
4. Who did not want Donald Muller to attend St. Nicholas?
(b) Mrs. Muller.
(c) Mr. Muller.
(d) Donald's grandmother.
5. What did the gossipy woman ask Father O'Rourke?
(a) Is gossiping a sin?
(b) Have you ever gossiped?
(c) Am I going to Hell?
(d) Can I join the choir?
6. What does Sister Aloysius say Father Flynn will do until he is stopped?
(a) Drink alcohol.
(b) Spread lies about her.
(c) Steal from the offering.
(d) Go from one child to another.
7. Where did Father O'Rourke tell the woman to take a pillow?
(a) To the roof.
(b) To the floor.
(c) To the person she'd gossiped about.
(d) To church.
8. What reason did the woman give for her response to Father O'Rourke's second request?
(a) She had to work.
(b) She didn't know where all the feathers had gone.
(c) She couldn't walk far enough.
(d) She didn't have time.
9. Why does Mrs. Muller say Donald was sent to St. Nicholas instead of public school?
(a) He was expelled from public school.
(b) They are rich and wanted to spend money on his education.
(c) The public school is too far away.
(d) Kids in public school would have killed him.
10. How does Sister Aloysius plan to get proof that Father Flynn molested children in his former parishes?
(a) Find a parent of a molested child.
(b) Interview children.
(c) Talk to the Monsignor.
(d) Talk to other nuns.
11. What does Mrs. Muller tell Sister Aloysius the world is?
(a) God's kingdom.
(b) A hard place.
(c) A place of opportunity.
(d) An exciting place.
12. Sister Aloysius says she will do what needs to be done even if it means what?
(a) She is damned to Hell.
(b) She loses her position.
(c) She hurts Father Flynn.
(d) She hurts Donald.
13. What does Sister Aloysius tell Sister James she told Father Flynn to make him leave?
(a) She wouldn't stop until he left.
(b) She discovered his prior infringements.
(c) She knew he'd stolen from the church.
(d) She would tell Donald's father if he didn't leave.
14. How does Mrs. Muller say Donald was punished for being taken off the altar boys?
(a) His mother beat him.
(b) His bicycle was taken away.
(c) His father beat him.
(d) He as grounded.
15. What is Mrs. Muller's response when Sister Aloysius says Father Flynn is after the boys?
(a) She says maybe some boys want to get caught.
(b) She thinks Sister Aloysius is crazy.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When speaking with Sister James, why does Father Flynn say his is reluctant to try to repair the damage done by Sister Aloysius' accusations?
2. Why does Sister Aloysius say Donald Miller will lie to protect Father Flynn?
3. What does Sister Aloysius say she did before Father Flynn came to her office in Scene 8?
4. What does Father Flynn say has been damaged through no fault of his own as he talks to Sister James in Scene 7?
5. What is Sister Aloysius' response when Father Flynn asks her what he's done?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)