|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 8, when Father Flynn enters Sister Aloysius' office, what does Sister Aloysius say they need?
(a) Donald Muller.
(b) A tape recorder.
(c) A third party.
2. What does Mrs. Muller admit about Father Flynn?
(a) She's never met him.
(b) She knew him before Donald came to the school.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She thinks he's handsome.
3. What does Sister Aloysius tell Sister James maybe they are not supposed to do?
(a) Confess sins.
(b) Sleep well.
(c) Care too much.
(d) Report wrongdoings.
4. What does Sister Aloysius say she did before Father Flynn came to her office in Scene 8?
(a) Talked to the Monsignor.
(b) Called Father Flynn's last parish.
(c) Talked to Donald.
5. In the sermon Father Flynn delivers in Scene 6, where did the gossipy woman go the day after she gossiped?
(a) To the house of the person she gossiped about.
(b) To jail.
(c) To her mother's.
(d) To confession.
6. When speaking with Sister James, why does Father Flynn say his is reluctant to try to repair the damage done by Sister Aloysius' accusations?
(a) He doesn't want to do further harm.
(b) He could get fired.
(c) He thinks Sister James won't support him.
(d) He knows he deserves it.
7. What does Sister Aloysius confess to Sister James that she did not do?
(a) Talk to the Monsignor.
(b) Call Father Flynn's prior parish.
(c) Ask Donald's opinion.
(d) Listen to Father Flynn's side of the story.
8. What does Sister Aloysius tell Sister James she told Father Flynn to make him leave?
(a) She wouldn't stop until he left.
(b) She discovered his prior infringements.
(c) She knew he'd stolen from the church.
(d) She would tell Donald's father if he didn't leave.
9. What sin did Father O'Rourke say the gossipy woman had committed?
(c) Using the name of the Lord in vain.
(d) Borne false witness.
10. According to Father Flynn in Scene 7, to what do the most innocent actions seem sinister?
(b) A poisoned mind.
(d) Guilty people.
11. Why does Sister Aloysius say Donald Miller will lie to protect Father Flynn?
(a) Father Flynn seduced him.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He is embarrassed.
(d) Father Flynn threatened him.
12. Who does Father Flynn plan to talk to in order to have Sister Aloysius removed from her position?
(a) The Monsignor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) The Mother Superior.
(d) Sister Veronica.
13. What was the woman's response to Father O'Rourke's second request?
(a) She cried.
(b) Yes, Father.
(c) It can't be done.
(d) She ran from the church.
14. According to Mrs. Muller, what is upsetting Donald?
(a) He's been taken off the altar boys.
(b) He is getting poor grades.
(c) He misses Father Flynn.
(d) He has no friends.
15. What does Sister James tell Sister Aloysius she can't believe in Scene 9?
(a) That Father Flynn is gone.
(b) That Sister Aloysius lied.
(c) That Donald Muller is gone.
(d) That Father Flynn molested Donald.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scene 7 take place?
2. What does Mrs. Muller hint about Donald's nature?
3. What amazes Sister Aloysius about her radio?
4. Why does Mrs. Muller say Donald was sent to St. Nicholas instead of public school?
5. How does Sister James describe Donald Muller at Father Flynn's departure?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)