|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Aloysius say was Father Flynn's confession?
(a) He called the Bishop.
(b) His resignation.
(c) He broke down and cried.
(d) He asked for Donald's forgiveness.
2. What kind of bird is making noise in Scene 7?
(a) A crow.
(b) A robin.
(c) A goose.
(d) A bluejay.
3. According to Mrs. Muller, what is upsetting Donald?
(a) He is getting poor grades.
(b) He has no friends.
(c) He misses Father Flynn.
(d) He's been taken off the altar boys.
4. How does Mrs. Muller say Donald was punished for being taken off the altar boys?
(a) His mother beat him.
(b) He as grounded.
(c) His bicycle was taken away.
(d) His father beat him.
5. Which one of her relations does Sister James say is ill?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her Father.
6. What is Mrs. Muller's initial reaction to Sister Aloysius' when she is told Father Flynn may have made advances toward her son?
(a) She is skeptical.
(b) She says she knew it.
(c) She starts yelling.
(d) She cries.
7. What does Sister James say to Father Flynn as she leaves after their conversation in Scene 7?
(a) She doesn't believe Sister Aloysius' accusations.
(b) She is going to go take a nap.
(c) She is leaving the church.
(d) She has to get to class.
8. How does Sister Aloysius plan to get proof that Father Flynn molested children in his former parishes?
(a) Talk to other nuns.
(b) Talk to the Monsignor.
(c) Interview children.
(d) Find a parent of a molested child.
9. What does Father Flynn accuse Sister Aloysius of doing during Scene 8?
(a) Attempting to destroy his reputation.
(b) Not caring about the boys.
(c) Drinking the communion wine.
(d) Stealing from the offering plate.
10. What does Father Flynn say is the message of the Savior?
11. What was the woman's response to Father O'Rourke's second request?
(a) She cried.
(b) Yes, Father.
(c) It can't be done.
(d) She ran from the church.
12. What sin did Father O'Rourke say the gossipy woman had committed?
(b) Borne false witness.
(d) Using the name of the Lord in vain.
13. What did the woman tell Father O'Rourke was the result of his request?
(a) Feathers everywhere.
(b) She lost her job.
(c) The poor person was happy with the pillow.
(d) Her husband divorced her.
14. What does Sister James tell sister Aloysius she needed when they speak in Scene 9?
(a) To move to another church.
(b) To talk to Donald Muller.
(c) To see her family.
(d) To talk to Father Flynn.
15. Where does Sister Aloysius say Father Flynn went after leaving St. Nicholas?
(a) St. Elizabeth Parish.
(b) St. Francis of Assissi Parish.
(c) St. John Parish.
(d) St. Jerome Parish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Father O'Rourke tell the woman to take a pillow?
2. Where does Father Flynn say Sister Aloysius had no right to step?
3. What does Sister Aloysius tell Sister James maybe they are not supposed to do?
4. What does Mrs. Muller tell Sister Aloysius Donald has at St. Nicholas?
5. What is Sister Aloysius' response to Sister James' revelation about Donald Muller's feelings after Father Flynn leaves the school?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)