|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Muller say Father Flynn gives Donald?
(a) A father figure.
(b) His time.
(d) Good self esteem.
2. What did the woman tell Father O'Rourke was the result of his request?
(a) She lost her job.
(b) The poor person was happy with the pillow.
(c) Her husband divorced her.
(d) Feathers everywhere.
3. What does Father Flynn say he won't be able to do if Sister Aloysius makes her suspicions known?
(a) His work in the community.
(b) Present his side.
(c) See the boys.
(d) Get a promotion.
4. Why doesn't Mr. Muller come to Sister Aloysius' office with Mrs. Muller?
(a) He is at work.
(b) He refused to come.
(c) He is out of town.
(d) She doesn't have a husband.
5. What does Father O'Rourke say to the woman after she responds to his second request?
(a) That is a sin.
(b) He says she is a good woman.
(c) He says she's banished from the church.
(d) That is gossip.
6. What is Mrs. Muller's response when Sister Aloysius says Father Flynn is after the boys?
(a) She thinks Sister Aloysius is crazy.
(b) She says maybe some boys want to get caught.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She laughs.
7. What did the gossipy woman ask Father O'Rourke?
(a) Am I going to Hell?
(b) Have you ever gossiped?
(c) Is gossiping a sin?
(d) Can I join the choir?
8. How does Mrs. Muller say Donald was punished for being taken off the altar boys?
(a) He as grounded.
(b) His bicycle was taken away.
(c) His mother beat him.
(d) His father beat him.
9. What does Sister Aloysius say has a price toward the end of the play?
(b) The pursuit of wrongdoing.
(d) All good deeds.
10. At the end of Scene 9, what does Sister Aloysius have?
(b) A phone call from Mrs. Muller.
(c) A feeling of accomplishment.
(d) A heart attack.
11. What does Sister Aloysius tell Mrs. Muller she wants from her?
(a) She wants Mrs. Muller to put Donald in a different school.
(b) She wants money to pay a lawyer.
(c) She wants Mrs. Muller to be a witness against Father Flynn.
12. What kind of bird is making noise in Scene 7?
(a) A crow.
(b) A robin.
(c) A bluejay.
(d) A goose.
13. What does Sister Aloysius tell Sister James maybe they are not supposed to do?
(a) Report wrongdoings.
(b) Sleep well.
(c) Care too much.
(d) Confess sins.
14. What does Father Flynn tell Sister James could happen to Sister Aloysius if her accusations became known?
(a) She would be terribly angry.
(b) She would lose her position as principal.
(c) She could no longer be a nun.
(d) She would be promoted.
15. What reason does Sister James give Father Flynn for her trouble sleeping?
(a) No time.
(b) Noisy birds.
(c) Bad dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Flynn's appointment after leaving St. Nicholas turn out to be?
2. What does Sister Aloysius say was Father Flynn's confession?
3. What was the woman's response to Father O'Rourke's second request?
4. What is Mrs. Muller's main concern about Donald?
5. What does Mrs. Muller tell Sister Aloysius she doesn't want?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)