|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father Flynn suggest they include in this year's pageant?
(a) The teachers.
(b) A secular song.
(c) A Christmas tree.
(d) The Lord's Prayer.
2. What disease did Father Flynn's childhood acquaintance, Timmy Mathisson get?
(d) Spinal meningitis.
3. What does Sister Aloysius say will have its consequence tomorrow?
(a) Every easy choice.
(b) Father Flynn's sermon.
(c) Sister James' good teaching.
(d) Every good deed.
4. Where does Scene 4 take place?
(a) In the gym.
(b) In the garden.
(c) On the front lawn of the school.
(d) In Sister Aloysius' office.
5. In his first sermon, what does Father Flynn say can be as powerful and sustaining as certainty?
6. In Scene 2, who is described as watchful, reserved, and unsentimental?
(a) Sister James.
(b) Father Flynn.
(c) Sister Aloysius.
(d) Donald Muller.
7. In Scene 4, what does Sister Aloysius say that she wouldn't mind being?
(a) A man.
(b) The basketball coach.
8. What is Sister James' reaction when Sister Aloysius tells her she was married before she took her vows?
9. Why doesn't Sister James think anyone will hit Donald Muller?
(a) They all like him.
(b) He is very big.
(c) Father Flynn is his protector.
(d) He knows karate.
10. According to Sister Aloysius, what is satisfaction?
(b) What brought the cat back.
(c) A virtue.
(d) A vice.
11. Who does Father Flynn say stands like a parking meter?
(d) Sister Aloysius.
12. In Scene 2, what does Sister Aloysius ask Sister James to do when Sister Veronica is on the stone stairs?
(a) Come and get Sister Aloysius.
(b) Move out of the way.
(c) Alert Father Flynn.
(d) Lead Sister Veronica down.
13. What does Sister Aloysius think of the children's dance class?
(a) It's a waste of time.
(b) It is a good creative outlet.
(c) It's a good form of exercise.
(d) It will build strong muscles.
14. In Father Flynn's opening sermon, he mentions what event that happened the year before the play takes place?
(a) France performs an underground nuclear test.
(b) The release of the first Beatles album.
(c) President Kennedy's assassination.
(d) The Supreme Court's Miranda decision.
15. In Scene 5, who serves the tea?
(a) Sister Aloysius.
(b) Sister James.
(c) Father Flynn.
(d) Sister Veronica.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Flynn say is on the other side of the glass from happy, untroubled people when he delivers the sermon in the opening scene?
2. What is happening to Sister Veronica?
3. What does the sailor in Father Flynn's sermon on doubt believe he may have once seen and has to hold on to without further reassurance?
4. In Scene 3, what does Father Flynn tell the boys to do after getting dressed?
5. What is Sister James' response when Sister Aloysius asks her if Donald Muller is being accepted.
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)