|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his first sermon, what does Father Flynn say can be as powerful and sustaining as certainty?
2. Who is described as having a bit of sunshine in his/her heart, but reserved?
(a) Sister James.
(b) Sister Aloysius.
(c) Donald Muller.
(d) Father Flynn.
3. What does Sister Aloysius say happened to her husband?
(a) He was killed in World War II.
(b) He left her.
(c) He died from cancer.
(d) He died in a car accident.
4. What is Sister James' class doing while she is with Sister Aloysius in Scene 2?
(a) Attending art class.
(c) Having lunch.
(d) Attending gym class.
5. How did Sister James feel about last year's Christmas Pageant?
(a) She hated it.
(b) It was too much work.
(c) There was too much singing.
(d) She loved it.
6. Where does Sister James say Father Flynn took Donald Muller alone?
(a) A movie.
(b) The rectory.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The gym.
7. In Scene 4, why does Sister Aloysius believe Donald Muller would lie about what happened with Father Flynn?
8. According to Sister Aloysius, what is a form of laziness?
(a) Skipping church.
(b) Lack of ambition.
(c) Skipping class.
9. Where does Scene 4 take place?
(a) In the gym.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In Sister Aloysius' office.
(d) On the front lawn of the school.
10. What does Father Flynn believe is the danger at the free throw line?
(b) Shooting too quickly.
(c) The yelling crowd.
11. In Scene 1, what does Father Flynn say that only God knows about the isolated affected people?
(a) Their pain.
(b) Their joy.
(c) Their fears.
(d) Their sorrow.
12. Father Flynn tells the boys that people won't think they look silly when they do what?
(a) Get noticed by girls.
(b) Win the game.
(c) Run out on the court.
(d) Get a basket.
13. What does Father Flynn say is on the other side of the glass from happy, untroubled people when he delivers the sermon in the opening scene?
(a) Everyone else.
(d) Your neighbor.
14. What does Father Flynn say about shooting from the free throw line?
(a) It's psychological.
(b) The boys should avoid it.
(c) It's easy.
(d) Only the best players can do it.
15. What does Father Flynn say will sometimes get you?
(a) Bad thoughts.
(b) The little things.
(c) Poor grades.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sister Aloysius' function at the school?
2. Who does Father Flynn say stands like a parking meter?
3. In Father Flynn's sermon on doubt, what did he say binds people together?
4. What happens to the crew of the ship in the parable of the sailor?
5. Who takes sugar in their tea during the meeting between Sister Aloysius, Father Flynn, and Sister James?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)