|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides taking the students for ice cream, what other trip does Father Flynn suggest for the boys?
(a) A trip to a museum.
(b) A trip to the beach.
(c) A camping trip.
(d) A trip to a bowling alley.
2. What does Father Flynn say will sometimes get you?
(a) The little things.
(b) Poor grades.
(c) Bad thoughts.
3. Who does Father Flynn say stands like a parking meter?
(a) Sister Aloysius.
4. What does Father Flynn tell Ralph he thinks is funny?
(a) Ralph's last name.
(b) That Ralph's shorts are too short.
(c) Ralph is sitting on the bench.
(d) That Ralph never gets a foul shot.
5. In the parable of the sailor, what is the raft made of?
(b) A lifeboat.
(c) Cargo boxes.
6. What is Sister James' reaction when Sister Aloysius tells her she was married before she took her vows?
7. What happens to the crew of the ship in the parable of the sailor?
(a) They all become rich.
(b) All die of disease.
(c) All are saved.
(d) All but one drown.
8. What disease did Father Flynn's childhood acquaintance, Timmy Mathisson get?
(b) Spinal meningitis.
9. In Scene 4, what does Sister Aloysius say it is her job to do?
(a) To outswim the fishes.
(b) To outshine the fox in cleverness.
(c) To top the hare in speed.
(d) To beat the sheep in meakness.
10. What does Sister Aloysius say happened to her husband?
(a) He was killed in World War II.
(b) He died in a car accident.
(c) He died from cancer.
(d) He left her.
11. What observation does Sister Aloysius make about Father Flynn's hands during their meeting in Scene 5?
(a) His hands are dirty.
(b) His fingernails are long.
(c) He has a tiny tattoo on the back of his left hand.
(d) He has feminine hands.
12. What is Sister James' reaction to the reason Father Flynn gives for his private meeting with Donald Muller?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is shocked.
(d) She doesn't believe him.
13. What does Father Flynn tell the boys that a routine will do for them?
(a) Keep them from tensing up.
(b) Win basketball games.
(c) Help them get better grades.
(d) Keep them organized.
14. How does the sailor in Father Flynn's opening sermon navigate?
(a) By the stars.
(b) Using a compass.
(c) He doesn't navigate.
(d) He has help from the captain.
15. Who is described as having a bit of sunshine in his/her heart, but reserved?
(a) Sister Aloysius.
(b) Sister James.
(c) Father Flynn.
(d) Donald Muller.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 5, who serves the tea?
2. What happens after the sailor sets his course in the parable of the sailor?
3. What does Sister Aloysius say it is important for children to have?
4. What does Sister Aloysius think of the children's dance class?
5. When did William London's nose start to bleed?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)