1. In what year does the play take place?
2. In Father Flynn's opening sermon, he mentions what event that happened the year before the play takes place?
President Kennedy's assassination.
3. In Father Flynn's sermon on doubt, what did he say binds people together?
4. When speaking about doubt in Scene 1, what does Father Flynn say is worse than a society sharing a sense of despair?
A private calamity.
5. What does Father Flynn say is on the other side of the glass from happy, untroubled people when he delivers the sermon in the opening scene?
6. In Scene 1, what does Father Flynn say that only God knows about the isolated affected people?
This section contains 4,787 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)