|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Aloysius say is dying across the country?
(a) Good teaching methods.
(d) Grammar skills.
2. What does Sister Aloysius say boys are made of?
(a) Sticks and stones.
(b) Snips and snails and puppy dog tails.
(c) Gravel, soot, and tar paper.
(d) God's good intentions.
3. How does the sailor in Father Flynn's opening sermon navigate?
(a) He has help from the captain.
(b) He doesn't navigate.
(c) Using a compass.
(d) By the stars.
4. Who teaches the physical education and religion classes?
(a) Sister Veronica.
(b) Father Flynn.
(c) Sister Aloysius.
(d) Sister James.
5. What does Sister Aloysius say Sister James will trade for a warm look?
(a) Her pride.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her prized possession.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the ship in the parable of the sailor told by Father Flynn in Scene 1?
2. What does Father Flynn say is on the other side of the glass from happy, untroubled people when he delivers the sermon in the opening scene?
3. What does Sister Aloysius say will have its consequence tomorrow?
4. In Father Flynn's opening sermon, he mentions what event that happened the year before the play takes place?
5. What does Sister Aloysius think of the children's dance class?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)