|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister Aloysius think of the children's dance class?
(a) It's a good form of exercise.
(b) It is a good creative outlet.
(c) It's a waste of time.
(d) It will build strong muscles.
2. How does the sailor in Father Flynn's opening sermon navigate?
(a) Using a compass.
(b) By the stars.
(c) He doesn't navigate.
(d) He has help from the captain.
3. In Scene 1, what does Father Flynn say that only God knows about the isolated affected people?
(a) Their sorrow.
(b) Their joy.
(c) Their pain.
(d) Their fears.
4. What does Sister Aloysius say is dying across the country?
(a) Grammar skills.
(c) Good teaching methods.
5. What does Sister Aloysius say Sister James will trade for a warm look?
(a) Her pride.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her prized possession.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, who is described as watchful, reserved, and unsentimental?
2. What happens to the crew of the ship in the parable of the sailor?
3. Who teaches the physical education and religion classes?
4. In the sermon delivered in Scene 1, for how long is the sailor at sea without a navigational aid?
5. As the days roll on, what does the sailor in Father Flynn's sermon start to have?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)