1. In what year does the play take place?
2. In Father Flynn's opening sermon, he mentions what event that happened the year before the play takes place?
(a) France performs an underground nuclear test.
(b) The Supreme Court's Miranda decision.
(c) The release of the first Beatles album.
(d) President Kennedy's assassination.
3. In Father Flynn's sermon on doubt, what did he say binds people together?
4. When speaking about doubt in Scene 1, what does Father Flynn say is worse than a society sharing a sense of despair?
(a) A society in fear.
(b) A private calamity.
(c) A joy not shared.
5. What does Father Flynn say is on the other side of the glass from happy, untroubled people when he delivers the sermon in the opening scene?
(a) Your neighbor.
(b) Everyone else.
6. In Scene 1, what does Father Flynn say that only God knows about the isolated affected people?
(a) Their pain.
(b) Their joy.
(c) Their fears.
(d) Their sorrow.
This section contains 4,787 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)