|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks up Lauren to go to the executive's meeting?
2. Who is Nick's secretary?
3. Who takes Lauren out to lunch to talk about Nick?
4. What did Nick's mother do with the gift Nick gave her?
5. When does Lauren decide to accept Nick's apology?
Short Essay Questions
1. What threatens to ruin the relationship between Nick and Lauren?
2. How does Nick try to reconnect with Lauren at the party?
3. What is revealed about Lauren's character by her behavior regarding Nick's advances?
4. What surprises Lauren about a new assignment she gets at the office?
5. How does Jim alter the course of events and what happens to Nick and Lauren's relationship as a result?
6. How does Jim come to Lauren's aid when Nick begins making advances again?
7. How does Lauren prepare herself to encounter Nick at the executive party?
8. What facts does the head of security reveal to Nick after Laura has moved back home?
9. Why has the company's security department decided to conduct an investigation into Lauren's past?
10. How do Nick's advances provide insight into his personality?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of good vs. evil. Identify at least two characters who embody both good and evil and then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
DOUBLE STANDARDS is a classic story of a character remaining true to her code. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Lauren. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)