|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to be Nick's strongest instinct?
2. What changes Nick's mind about Lauren's being a spy?
3. How does Nick respond when Lauren asks Nick if they can just be friends?
4. What news has Nick given the media?
5. What does Lauren make clear to Nick that she wants?
Short Essay Questions
1. What facts does the head of security reveal to Nick after Laura has moved back home?
2. How does Lauren prepare herself to encounter Nick at the executive party?
3. What keeps Lauren from giving in to Nick's charms and what does she demand of Nick?
4. What does Lauren learn about Ericka Moran at the party?
5. How does Jim's display of affection toward Lauren hasten Nick into revealing his feelings for her?
6. What happened in Nick's relationship with his mother to affect his relationships with other women?
7. What did Nick give Lauren before leaving the condo?
8. How does Lauren try to adapt to Nick's changing moods and behavior?
9. How does Tony prove to be Lauren's only friend at this point?
10. Why has the company's security department decided to conduct an investigation into Lauren's past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of good vs. evil. Identify at least two characters who embody both good and evil and then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of the earrings that Nick gives to Lauren. What do they signify? What role does do they play in the drama? Why did the author choose this item?
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Nick and Lauren. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)