|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what language is Lauren fluent?
2. What does Lauren give Jim for his birthday?
(a) A bottle of scotch.
(b) Cuban cigars.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A magazine subscription.
3. What information does Philip demand that Lauren get for him?
(a) The company growth strategy.
(b) The cover pages to four bids.
(c) The carpet formula.
(d) The company's European plan.
4. What gift does Nick give Lauren as an apology?
(a) A Porsche.
(b) A ruby pendant.
(c) A vacation home.
(d) A diamond ring.
5. Where is Lauren summoned at work on Monday morning?
(a) The personnel office.
(b) The atrium.
(c) A conference room.
(d) The cafeteria.
6. What is the setting of Chapter 13?
(a) Philip's office.
(b) Nick's house.
(c) Lauren's condo.
(d) Nick's office.
7. What does Lauren do with the pearl earrings Nick gives her?
(a) Returns them to the jeweler.
(b) Gives them to her friend.
(c) Returns them to him.
(d) Sells them on eBay.
8. What is Jim's relationship with Ericka?
(a) He is her brother.
(b) He had been engaged to her.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her brother-in-law.
9. What does Lauren learn that a young Nick had bought for his mother when he was young?
(a) Bath crystals.
(b) A small pill box.
(c) A bottle of cologne.
10. What has Lauren lost which is the only thing she has left of her dead mother?
(a) Tennis bracelet.
(c) Diamond ring.
(d) Pearl necklace.
11. What does Mary tell Lauren to do?
(a) Get out of town.
(b) Leave Nick alone.
(c) Get a good lawyer.
(d) Try to convince Nick that she's innocent.
12. What does Lauren wear to the executive's meeting?
(a) Resort wear.
(b) A business dress.
(c) Business casual attire.
(d) A pantsuit.
13. Who is the Italian with whom Nick is working on a secret project?
14. Why does Lauren tell Nick to stop trying to seduce her?
(a) She is in love with someone else.
(b) She is afraid he will hurt her again.
(c) She knows he is in the process of a divorce.
(d) She knows he is in love with Ericka.
15. Who does Jim pretend to have a date with this weekend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks up Lauren to go to the executive's meeting?
2. Whose birthday does Lauren celebrate at work?
3. Which of the following does the head of security NOT tell Nick about Lauren?
4. Why is company security investigating Lauren's employment information?
5. What is Nick's initial reaction to Laura's working on his project?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)