• Lauren Danner is a young woman who has come to Detroit to find a job to help pay for her father's medical bills.
• Philip Whitworth, a distant relative of Lauren's father's, offers Lauren a job to spy on one of his competitors, Sinco.
• Lauren gets a job interview at Sinco but changes her mind about spying for Philip and intentionally botches her employment test and interview.
• After the interview, Lauren takes a shortcut through a construction site, trips and falls, and meets Nick Sinclair who offers assistance.
• Lauren has the impression that Nick is an engineer who works for Global Industries.
• Nick escorts Lauren out of the building and promises to put in a good word for her regarding the job at Sinco.
• Lauren drives to the Whitworths' home to have dinner and to tell Philip that she is probably not going to get the job...
This section contains 2,023 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)