|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does April compare her family to as they begin their trip to Disney World?
(a) Larry's family.
(c) The family they once were.
2. After the movie, Larry wants April to go to the beach the next day. What does she tell him?
(a) That she can't swim.
(b) That she doesn't like him that much.
(c) That her family does things together on the weekends.
(d) That her parents won't let her go to the beach.
3. April decides to phone Larry and gets his father on the phone. What does he tell her?
(a) That Mr. Corrigan was kidnapped.
(b) That Larry is on his way over to help.
(c) That he will send the police over immediately.
(d) That a man called him, asking about the Corrigans.
4. What does Jodi say that people in Norwood are saying about the Corrigans' disappearance?
(a) That April had anorexia and needed medical care.
(b) That the parents had split up.
(c) That the family had all died in an accident.
(d) That it was related to the drug case.
5. Back in Norwood, what does April tell Steve about her time away?
(a) That she had no chance to play tennis.
(b) That they have been in hiding because of the trial.
(c) That she has been having a good time in Grove City.
(d) That she hasn't dated anyone while she was gone.
6. When April gets home from Disney World, Larry calls her. How does he act?
(a) As though he really missed her.
(b) Possessive and demanding.
(c) Happy that she had a great time at Disney World.
(d) Casual and indifferent.
7. On the way home from the movies, what does Abby ask April about?
(a) If she likes Larry.
(b) Her family.
(c) The weather in Virginia.
(d) Why she is in Grove City.
8. April almost tells her parents about something that happened that evening. What is it?
(a) That she heard two girls talking about her.
(b) That she had met Abby in Grove City.
(c) That Larry had gotten too friendly.
(d) That some of the people she'd met didn't like her.
9. What does April tell her parents when she meets them at the Disney World gate?
(a) That she loved Disney World.
(b) That she had lost Bram.
(c) That she wants to go home.
(d) That she had run into Jodi.
10. April would have to lie to get away from Grove City. How does she convince herself this is okay?
(a) She has a secret plan to fix all their problems.
(b) She tells herself she'll soon see her family again.
(c) That she has to get Steve away from Sherry.
(d) She feels her needs are the most important.
11. Jodi demands to know why April left Norwood. What does April say?
(a) That she had to have emergency surgery.
(b) That her parents needed a vacation.
(c) That her father had a temporary job in Japan.
(d) That her parents lost all their money.
12. Steve takes April to see her grandmother at her condo. Why is April so upset when she sees her grandmother?
(a) Her grandmother has had a bad facelift.
(b) Her grandmother's condo is very dirty.
(c) Her grandmother is living with a gentleman.
(d) Her grandmother has been beaten.
13. Why does April think her mother has been driving the car?
(a) Her father has lost his license.
(b) Her mother has been drinking a lot.
(c) Her mother's keys are in the ignition.
(d) Her purse is on the front seat.
14. April and Bram decide to stay at Disney World. What does Bran do as soon as his parents leave?
(a) Take out his contacts.
(b) Convince April to go see the Pirates of the Caribbean.
(c) Beg for an expensive souvenir.
15. What does April's grandmother give her just before they leave for Florida?
(a) Her diamond bracelet.
(b) April's old tennis racket.
(c) A kiss and a hug.
(d) April's old teddy bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does April tell her parents she is going so they won't find out she is going back to Norwood?
2. While her grandmother sleeps, what does April think is happening?
3. When April phones her grandmother from the airport, what does her grandmother say?
4. What does meeting Abby again in Grove City teach April?
5. Back in Norwood, what topic does April bring up with Steve almost immediately?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)