|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the hitman know April is outside?
(a) She trips and makes a lot of noise.
(b) Porky the dog starts to chase her.
(c) He sees her by the light of the moon.
(d) He sees her light clothing as she runs by.
2. April's family escapes unharmed and the hitman is dead. What do they decide to do?
(a) Return to Norwood.
(b) Still live in secret, because people are after them.
(c) Move to Europe.
(d) Stay in Grove City.
3. Back in Norwood, what does April tell Steve about her time away?
(a) That she had no chance to play tennis.
(b) That they have been in hiding because of the trial.
(c) That she hasn't dated anyone while she was gone.
(d) That she has been having a good time in Grove City.
4. What kind of car does April's grandmother have?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) A BMW.
(c) A Corvette.
(d) A Porsche.
5. Back in Norwood, what topic does April bring up with Steve almost immediately?
(a) About his dating Sherry.
(b) If he'll come back to Grove City with her.
(c) His college plans.
(d) How the school tennis team is doing.
6. After leaving Sarasota, where does April finally see Steve?
(a) At the airport in Norwood.
(b) At her grandmother's.
(c) At Norwood Academy.
(d) At Sherry's house.
7. How does her grandmother convince April that she has to return to Florida?
(a) By making her feel bad about leaving her parents.
(b) By offering her hundreds of dollars.
(c) By making her realize their lives are in danger.
(d) By promising to give her her car.
8. After a morning at Disney World, where do April's parents want April and Bram to go?
(a) The Haunted Mansion.
(b) Epcot Center.
(d) Sea World.
9. April reaches her grandmother's car but cannot get it started. Why?
(a) The hitman cut the wires.
(b) She left the lights on and the battery has run down.
(c) She doesn't have the key for the ignition.
(d) The car is old and unreliable.
10. Why has her grandmother brought Porky, the Corrigans' dog, back to live with her?
(a) For protection.
(b) He's the only thing he has left of her family.
(c) For company.
(d) His barking will scare people away.
11. When April gets home from Disney World, Larry calls her. How does he act?
(a) Casual and indifferent.
(b) As though he really missed her.
(c) Happy that she had a great time at Disney World.
(d) Possessive and demanding.
12. Where do April and her grandmother find themselves soon after they see the hitman?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) In the garage.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In a bedroom closet.
13. April's grandmother has had a visitor. How does April recognize who it is?
(a) Because he had very dark eyes.
(b) Because he spoke with a foreign accent.
(c) Because he was extremely short.
(d) Because he walked with a limp.
14. After April hangs up the phone, who does she think she sees outside the window?
(b) Her father.
(c) A vampire.
(d) A policeman.
15. Jodi Simmons from Norwood sees April at Disney World and yells her name. What is April's first reaction?
(a) She stops and chats with Jodi as though everything is normal.
(b) She makes sure Bram is safe and then tries to get away.
(c) She pretends she doesn't know who Jodi is.
(d) She grabs Bram's hand and runs towards the gate.
Short Answer Questions
1. April leaves the lobby and goes into the movie theater's restroom. What does she overhear there?
2. What does April's grandmother give her just before they leave for Florida?
3. What does April do when she first arrives at the Sarasota airport?
4. After the movie, Larry wants April to go to the beach the next day. What does she tell him?
5. Jodi demands to know why April left Norwood. What does April say?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)