|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does April say to her father about Tom Geist's advice?
(a) That they have to live normally.
(b) That his advice is making them miserable.
(c) That her father should ignore it.
(d) That using the name Weber will fool people.
2. April almost tells her parents about something that happened that evening. What is it?
(a) That Larry had gotten too friendly.
(b) That she had met Abby in Grove City.
(c) That some of the people she'd met didn't like her.
(d) That she heard two girls talking about her.
3. Why does April think her mother has been driving the car?
(a) Her purse is on the front seat.
(b) Her mother's keys are in the ignition.
(c) Her father has lost his license.
(d) Her mother has been drinking a lot.
4. Jodi demands to know why April left Norwood. What does April say?
(a) That her parents lost all their money.
(b) That her parents needed a vacation.
(c) That she had to have emergency surgery.
(d) That her father had a temporary job in Japan.
5. How does her grandmother convince April that she has to return to Florida?
(a) By promising to give her her car.
(b) By making her realize their lives are in danger.
(c) By offering her hundreds of dollars.
(d) By making her feel bad about leaving her parents.
6. What does April help her grandmother do after they decide to head for Florida?
(a) Pack her bags.
(b) Clean the car.
(c) Tidy up the condo and do laundry.
(d) Phone all her friends and tell them their plans.
7. After the movie, Larry wants April to go to the beach the next day. What does she tell him?
(a) That she doesn't like him that much.
(b) That her family does things together on the weekends.
(c) That her parents won't let her go to the beach.
(d) That she can't swim.
8. After leaving Sarasota, where does April finally see Steve?
(a) At the airport in Norwood.
(b) At her grandmother's.
(c) At Norwood Academy.
(d) At Sherry's house.
9. Aprill and her grandmother pull off the highway. What small town do they end up in?
(a) Turnerville, NC.
(b) Tanseyton, SC.
(c) Timberlake, NC.
(d) Tutterville, SC.
10. Where do April and her grandmother spend the night during their trip?
(a) At a motel in Petersburg, VA.
(b) At her grandmother's friend's house.
(c) Sleeping in their car.
(d) At a hotel in Fredericksburg, VA.
11. After April hangs up the phone, who does she think she sees outside the window?
(b) A vampire.
(c) A policeman.
(d) Her father.
12. The morning after going to the movie, April's father wakes her up. What does he tell her they are going to do?
(a) Go on a vay-kay.
(b) Go on a mini-vay.
(c) Go on a maxi-vay.
(d) Go on a two-day-vay.
13. Jodi Simmons from Norwood sees April at Disney World and yells her name. What is April's first reaction?
(a) She stops and chats with Jodi as though everything is normal.
(b) She makes sure Bram is safe and then tries to get away.
(c) She pretends she doesn't know who Jodi is.
(d) She grabs Bram's hand and runs towards the gate.
14. Where do April and her grandmother find themselves soon after they see the hitman?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In a bedroom closet.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the garage.
15. April and her grandmother go into the house and April sees Kim's phone number on the counter. What does she immediately think?
(a) Her parents have phoned the FBI.
(b) Kim has snitched on her.
(c) Her parents had found out she wasn't at Kim's.
(d) It is time to phone the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does April overhear in the movie theater restroom that makes her very angry?
2. Larry and April end up sitting at the movie together. What is the movie about?
3. It is the hitman that April actually sees outside the window. What does he do next?
4. April would have to lie to get away from Grove City. How does she convince herself this is okay?
5. How does the hitman die?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)