|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of charm is on Poppy's necklace?
(a) A typewriter key.
(b) A doughnut.
(c) A heart.
(d) A yin-yang.
2. What does Alice discover in Zach's backpack in Chapter 9?
(a) His answered Questions.
(b) A love letter to her.
(c) His English homework.
(d) A poem.
3. How much money does Zach have left as he and the girls break camp in Chapter 9?
4. Who carries the Queen as the children make their way to the cemetery on stolen bikes in Chapter 16?
5. What color are the librarian's shoes described as in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when Zach pulls himself to shore with the Queen in Chapter 12?
2. What do Zach, Poppy, and Alice order at the diner in Chapter 13?
3. When does Zach's father say he will be at the library in East Liverpool to pick him up on the phone in Chapter 14?
4. Where is the office in the library that the librarian takes the children to in order to call their parents?
5. Who is the little boy whose father is selling a dinghy at the marina in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Alice, Poppy, and Zach enter the library in Chapter 13?
2. What causes the boat to capsize in Chapter 11? How is it righted?
3. How is the theme of hope illustrated in the ending of Doll Bones?
4. What conflict emerges between Poppy, Zach, and Alice in Chapter 10? What threats are made?
5. What is Alice’s response when she learns of Zach’s dream in Chapter 12?
6. What does Zach discover from the plaque on the china display in Chapter 15?
7. How do Zach, Alice, and Poppy escape the room they are held in at the library in Chapter 15?
8. What does Alice discover in Zach’s backpack in Chapter 9? How does Zach react?
9. How do Poppy, Alice, and Zach make their way to the cemetery in Chapter 16?
10. How does the experience of sailing influence the mindsets of Alice, Zach, and Poppy in Chapter 11?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)