|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Zach head first when he and the others split up to look for the Queen after escaping the break room in Chapter 15?
(a) To the basement.
(b) To the main level stacks.
(c) To the children's section.
(d) To the attic.
2. What color are the librarian's shoes described as in Chapter 15?
3. How much money does Alice have left as she and the children break camp in Chapter 9?
4. How is Zach's mother's car described in Chapter 16?
(a) A black Jeep.
(b) A blue Buck.
(c) A green beat-up Nissan.
(d) A shiny red Miata.
5. Who is the author who wrote about Middle Earth and the forests of Ents that the narrator describes in Chapter 10?
(a) J. R. R. Tolkien.
(b) Alexander Harrington.
(c) C. S. Lewis.
(d) Madeline L'Engle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the back end of a boat called?
2. Who were the two creators of Orchid Ware?
3. What color is the librarian's hair described as in Chapter 14?
4. How is Alice's aunt's car described in Chapter 16?
5. How does Zach feel after hanging up with his father in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Alice’s response when she learns of Zach’s dream in Chapter 12?
2. What does Alice discover in Zach’s backpack in Chapter 9? How does Zach react?
3. How is the librarian described in Chapter 14? What is her response when she discovers the children in the library?
4. What does Zach discover from the plaque on the china display in Chapter 15?
5. What secret does Alice reveal of Zach’s in Chapter 12? Why?
6. How does the experience of sailing influence the mindsets of Alice, Zach, and Poppy in Chapter 11?
7. How do Zach, Alice, and Poppy escape the room they are held in at the library in Chapter 15?
8. How is the theme of hope illustrated in the ending of Doll Bones?
9. How have Zach’s perceptions of the quest changed in Chapter 9? Why have they changed?
10. What do Alice, Zach, and Poppy do at the library in Chapter 13?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)