|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the bus home from East Liverpool leave in Chapter 9?
(a) 2:30 a.m.
(b) 12:45 a.m.
(c) 3:45 p.m.
(d) 1:15 p.m.
2. What symbol is described on the sail of the sailboat that Zach finds in Chapter 10?
(a) A sunfish.
(b) A heart.
(c) A diamond.
(d) A lion.
3. Where does Alice go first when she and the others split up in the library to look for the Queen in Chapter 15?
(a) To the attic.
(b) To the upper offices.
(c) To the basement.
(d) To the main stacks.
4. What colors are described on the sail of the sailboat that Zach finds in Chapter 10?
(a) Yellow and black stripes.
(b) Red and green polka dots.
(c) Gold and red stripes.
(d) Black and white stripes.
5. Who rides on the handlebars when the children steal bicycles after escaping the library?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eleanor's aunt chase her with in Zach's and Poppy's dreams?
2. What does the librarian offer Zach, Alice, and Poppy to drink in Chapter 14?
3. What kinds of bones were used in the production of Orchid Ware?
4. What do Zach, Poppy, and Alice order at the diner in Chapter 13?
5. Where did Zach take swimming classes when he was younger?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the theme of hope illustrated in the ending of Doll Bones?
2. How does Zach compare adventures in books to reality in Chapter 10?
3. What conflict emerges between Poppy, Zach, and Alice in Chapter 10? What threats are made?
4. Where does the librarian hold Alice, Poppy, and Zach while calling their parents?
5. What does Alice discover in Zach’s backpack in Chapter 9? How does Zach react?
6. What is peculiar about the way the Queen is perceived by minor characters in the novel?
7. How have Zach’s perceptions of the quest changed in Chapter 9? Why have they changed?
8. What confession does Zach make to Alice and Poppy in Chapter 16? How do they respond?
9. How does the experience of sailing influence the mindsets of Alice, Zach, and Poppy in Chapter 11?
10. How is the librarian described in Chapter 14? What is her response when she discovers the children in the library?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)