|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of bones were used in the production of Orchid Ware?
(a) Chicken bones.
(b) Lamb bones.
(c) Human bones.
(d) Cattle bones.
2. What does Zach say to Alice to make her feel better in the end of Chapter 12?
(a) "Maybe we could go on a date sometime."
(b) "Maybe your parents tried to haunt you."
(c) "Maybe Poppy doesn't care."
(d) "Maybe after we die, we don't get choices like that."
3. What animal does Alice suggest might be responsible for destroying the campsite in Chapter 9?
(a) A mountain lion.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A cat.
(d) A bear.
4. What direction on a boat does "port" refer to?
(a) The right.
(b) The back.
(c) The front.
(d) The left.
5. Who rides on the handlebars when the children steal bicycles after escaping the library?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Alice's father work?
2. Who does the cashier give a free breakfast item to in Chapter 9?
3. When is the library in East Carnegie to reopen next in Chapter 13?
4. How is Zach's mother's car described in Chapter 16?
5. What color are the Queen's eyes described as in the narrative?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Alice, Poppy, and Zach enter the library in Chapter 13?
2. What conflict emerges between Poppy, Zach, and Alice in Chapter 10? What threats are made?
3. What confession does Zach make to Alice and Poppy in Chapter 16? How do they respond?
4. How is the boat described that Zach pirates in Chapter 10?
5. What does Zach’s father say when he speaks to Zach on the phone in Chapter 14?
6. How has Poppy’s perception of the quest changed in Chapter 15?
7. What prior sailing experience does Zach have when he pirates the boat? How does he employ this experience?
8. What do Alice, Zach, and Poppy do at the library in Chapter 13?
9. How does Alice respond when she sees the campsite in Chapter 9?
10. What conflict breaks out between Alice and Poppy in Chapter 11? What happens as a result of the conflict?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)