|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eleanor's aunt take away the dolls her father made for her in Zach's dream in Chapter 8?
(a) Because children break things.
(b) Because he wants them for herself.
(c) Because they are ugly.
(d) Because they are haunted.
2. What excuse does Zach give the coach for not attending practice in Chapter 3?
(a) He says he's going out of town.
(b) He says his dog died.
(c) He says his father died.
(d) He says he's sick.
3. Who tells Poppy she has a creepy smile in Chapter 3?
4. Where does Leo says Poppy is when he catches up with Zach and Alice in Chapter 3?
(a) At home.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the zoo.
(d) In detention.
5. What time is it when Zach, Alice, and Poppy make camp for the night in Chapter 7?
(a) 4:30 a.m.
(b) 1:30 a.m.
(c) 2:45 a.m.
(d) 3:45 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is enclosed in the bag inside of the doll, according to Poppy in Chapter 5?
2. What crawls out of the Queen's eye socket when Zach awakens in Chapter 8?
3. How do Alice and Poppy awaken Zach in Chapter 5?
4. Whose treasure has Lady Jaye been questing after since her days as an orphan child?
5. Who is the younger of Poppy's two brothers that teases Zach in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is related in Alice’s note to Zach in Chapter 4? How does Zach respond?
2. What does Zach discover when he awakens at the campsite in Chapter 8?
3. How is the character of William the Blade described in Chapter 1?
4. How does Poppy describe Eleanor Kerchner’s relationship to the Queen?
5. How does Zach react when Poppy brings up the game in Chapter 7?
6. Where do Alice, Zach, and Poppy decide to spend the night in Chapter 7?
7. What game are Zach, Alice, and Poppy playing in Chapter 1? How is the game described?
8. How do Zach, Alice, and Poppy set up camp in Chapter 8? What is used for protection against the elements?
9. What does Zach dream about in Chapter 8?
10. What has happened to Zach’s action figures in Chapter 2?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)