|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose treasure has Lady Jaye been questing after since her days as an orphan child?
(a) The Loch Ness Monster's treasure.
(b) The Duke of Wellington's treasure.
(c) The Queen's treasure.
(d) The Shark Prince's treasure.
2. At what time is the bus to East Liverpool scheduled to stop in Zach's town in Chapter 5?
(a) 12:45 a.m.
(b) 2:45 a.m.
(c) 3:30 a.m.
(d) 2:15 a.m.
3. How much money does Zach take with him when he goes to meet Poppy and Alice in Chapter 5?
4. Where does Zach say he's gone in the note he leaves his parents when he goes to meet Alice and Poppy in Chapter 5?
(a) To play basketball.
(b) To church.
(c) To study at the library.
(d) To play video games.
5. Where do Zach's maternal grandparents live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Zach have to apologize for punching in school the year before the narrative begins?
2. Who claims to have intentionally stepped on cracks in order to break her mother's back in Chapter 3?
3. In what state is East Liverpool located?
4. What ship does William the Blade captain?
5. Where does Zach keep his action figures?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Zach, Alice, and Poppy first meet, according to the flashback in Chapter 8?
2. What proof does Poppy offer of her story in Chapter 5?
3. What is Zach’s greatest conflict as he walks home from school in Chapter 3?
4. How is the character of Leo described? How do Zach, Alice, and Poppy know Leo?
5. What is related in Alice’s note to Zach in Chapter 4? How does Zach respond?
6. Why do you think Alice loses her resolve to go on the quest in Chapter 6?
7. How do Alice and Poppy awaken Zach in Chapter 5?
8. How is Zach’s father’s history in the family described in Chapter 2? When did Zach’s father leave?
9. What has happened to Zach’s action figures in Chapter 2?
10. How does Zach justify going on the quest with Alice and Poppy in Chapter 6?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)