|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the black cat that Zach's family owns?
(a) The Saloon.
(c) The Party.
2. What is Zachary's last name?
3. Where does Leo says Poppy is when he catches up with Zach and Alice in Chapter 3?
(a) At home.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the zoo.
(d) In detention.
4. What creatures raised the character of Aurora in the children's game?
(a) Rabid wolves.
(b) Cyclops' spawn.
(d) Carnivorous horses.
5. What was the character Aurora portrayed by in the game?
(a) A Cabbage Patch Kid.
(b) A Barbie doll.
(c) A porcelain baby doll.
(d) A stuffed hamster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zach's mother study in college?
2. What does Tinshoe Jones compare Alice's hair to in Chapter 6?
3. Whose treasure has Lady Jaye been questing after since her days as an orphan child?
4. Why does Zach's father say he threw out Zach's action figures in Chapter 2?
5. Who is the younger of Poppy's two brothers that teases Zach in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the emergence of William the Blade significant in Chapter 7?
2. What does Zach dream about in Chapter 8?
3. How would you describe the narrative perspective of Doll Bones?
4. How does Poppy describe Eleanor Kerchner’s relationship to the Queen?
5. How does Poppy justify going forward with the quest in Chapter 7?
6. How does Zach justify going on the quest with Alice and Poppy in Chapter 6?
7. What are the “Questions” that Poppy passes to Zach at school in Chapter 2? How does he respond?
8. What is Zach’s greatest conflict as he walks home from school in Chapter 3?
9. Why does Poppy offer to take out the Queen in Chapter 4? What repercussions does she risk in doing so?
10. What game are Zach, Alice, and Poppy playing in Chapter 1? How is the game described?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)