|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who turns the boat back over after the children are dumped out in Chapter 11?
2. Who does the cashier give a free breakfast item to in Chapter 9?
(d) The Queen.
3. What does the librarian offer Zach, Alice, and Poppy to eat in the break room in Chapter 14?
(b) Fig Newtons.
4. Whose job is to prepare Eleanor's body for burial in Chapter 16?
5. What material is the sailboat made of that Zach finds at the end of the dock in Chapter 10?
6. What does Zach realize is missing in Chapter 14?
(a) The Queen.
(b) His jacket.
(c) His shoes.
7. What character from the children's game is described in Chapter 10 as having raised "a zombie army of broken dolls"?
(a) The Duke of Deepwinter Barrow.
(b) The Earl of Nottingham Palace.
(c) The Alligator King.
(d) The Queen of the Forgotten Forest.
8. What are the last words that Zach's father says to him on the phone in Chapter 14?
(a) "I miss you, son."
(b) "Good luck with the quest."
(c) "You'll be grounded until you're twenty."
(d) "I can't believe you did this."
9. Where is the office in the library that the librarian takes the children to in order to call their parents?
(a) On the second floor.
(b) On the ground floor.
(c) On the third floor.
(d) In the basement.
10. What is the front end of a boat called?
(a) The hackle.
(b) The prow.
(c) The aft.
(d) The starboard.
11. What is the back end of a boat called?
(a) The prow.
(b) The aft.
(c) The hackle.
(d) The starboard.
12. Poppy says in Chapter 14, "I hate that everyone calls it growing up, but it seems like" what?
(b) "Getting boring."
(c) "Becoming a zombie."
(d) "Going to jail."
13. What does Zach say to Alice to make her feel better in the end of Chapter 12?
(a) "Maybe Poppy doesn't care."
(b) "Maybe we could go on a date sometime."
(c) "Maybe your parents tried to haunt you."
(d) "Maybe after we die, we don't get choices like that."
14. What is the name of the pottery and ceramics company whose wares are on display at the library?
(a) Anderson-Wilcox China.
(b) McCauley-Smith China.
(c) Ludite China.
(d) Wilkinson-Clark China.
15. What day of the week is it when Zach, Poppy, and Alice finally make it to the cemetery?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term refers to the part of a boat that you steer with?
2. What does the librarian offer Zach, Alice, and Poppy to drink in Chapter 14?
3. At what time did the library in East Carnegie close in Chapter 13?
4. Who digs Eleanor's grave in Chapter 16?
5. What is the name of the librarian who discovers Alice, Zach, and Poppy in the library in Chapter 14?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)