|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zach recall about Alice's father's apparel in Chapter 12?
(a) That he wore thick glasses.
(b) That he wore crazy ties.
(c) That he wore a police uniform.
(d) That he wore cowboy boots.
2. What is the name of the library in East Liverpool?
(a) The Carnegie Library.
(b) The Smithsonian Library.
(c) The Charity Library.
(d) The Freeman Library.
3. What kind of charm is on Poppy's necklace?
(a) A doughnut.
(b) A typewriter key.
(c) A heart.
(d) A yin-yang.
4. What does the librarian offer Zach, Alice, and Poppy to drink in Chapter 14?
5. Who were the two creators of Orchid Ware?
(a) Paul Kerchner and James Bronte.
(b) Philip Dowling and Lukas Kerchner.
(c) Michael Charles and Max Wilson.
(d) Marc Lockwood and Adrian Wilcox.
6. How did Eleanor Kerchner's father die?
(a) He was in an automobile accident.
(b) He fell off a rooftop.
(c) He was struck by lightning.
(d) He was executed for murder.
7. At what time did the library in East Carnegie close in Chapter 13?
(a) 2:00 p.m.
(b) 1:00 p.m.
(c) 12:00 p.m.
(d) 3:00 p.m.
8. What kind of tree is carved on the Kerchner family headstone?
(a) A willow tree.
(b) A palm tree.
(c) A birch tree.
(d) An oak tree.
9. When is the library in East Carnegie to reopen next in Chapter 13?
(a) 5:00 p.m.
(b) Monday morning.
(c) Saturday morning.
(d) Wednesday morning.
10. What store in East Liverpool has "Final Sale" signs posted everywhere?
(a) Greenie's Candies.
(b) The Purse Bazaar.
(c) Winco Foods.
(d) Pants Unlimited.
11. What direction on a boat does "port" refer to?
(a) The back.
(b) The left.
(c) The front.
(d) The right.
12. Where did Alice's father work?
(a) At a church.
(b) At the college.
(c) At a butcher shop.
(d) At the courthouse.
13. What day of the week is it when Zach, Poppy, and Alice finally make it to the cemetery?
14. Where did Zach take swimming classes when he was younger?
(a) The Oaklawn Country Club.
(b) A private swim school.
(c) The Boy Scouts.
(d) The YMCA.
15. What character from the children's game is described in Chapter 10 as having raised "a zombie army of broken dolls"?
(a) The Duke of Deepwinter Barrow.
(b) The Earl of Nottingham Palace.
(c) The Alligator King.
(d) The Queen of the Forgotten Forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What direction does "starboard" refer to on a boat?
2. Who is at Alice's grandmother's house when Alice calls home from the library in Chapter 14?
3. What symbol is described on the sail of the sailboat that Zach finds in Chapter 10?
4. What animal does Alice suggest might be responsible for destroying the campsite in Chapter 9?
5. When does the bus home from East Liverpool leave in Chapter 9?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)