|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when Zach pulls himself to shore with the Queen in Chapter 12?
2. Who is last to get back on the boat after it overturns in Chapter 11?
3. What does the librarian offer Zach, Alice, and Poppy to eat in the break room in Chapter 14?
(c) Fig Newtons.
4. For how many years was Orchid Ware in production?
(a) Less than 3 years.
(b) Less than a year.
(c) Over 10 years.
(d) Over 20 years.
5. Where is the office in the library that the librarian takes the children to in order to call their parents?
(a) On the third floor.
(b) On the second floor.
(c) On the ground floor.
(d) In the basement.
6. Where did Alice's father work?
(a) At a church.
(b) At the college.
(c) At a butcher shop.
(d) At the courthouse.
7. What establishment does Zach call from the library in Chapter 13?
(a) The marina.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) The YMCA.
(d) The police station.
8. What does Zach say to Alice to make her feel better in the end of Chapter 12?
(a) "Maybe after we die, we don't get choices like that."
(b) "Maybe your parents tried to haunt you."
(c) "Maybe we could go on a date sometime."
(d) "Maybe Poppy doesn't care."
9. What kind of tree is carved on the Kerchner family headstone?
(a) An oak tree.
(b) A palm tree.
(c) A birch tree.
(d) A willow tree.
10. What was Alice's mother making for Zach and Alice in his memory of her in Chapter 12?
(a) A double-stroller.
(b) A doll house.
(c) Chocolate chip cookies.
(d) Toast with jam.
11. In what year does the plaque at the library describe the pottery-maker's daughter going missing?
12. Where does Zach head first when he and the others split up to look for the Queen after escaping the break room in Chapter 15?
(a) To the children's section.
(b) To the basement.
(c) To the main level stacks.
(d) To the attic.
13. What store in East Liverpool has "Final Sale" signs posted everywhere?
(a) The Purse Bazaar.
(b) Winco Foods.
(c) Greenie's Candies.
(d) Pants Unlimited.
14. What is the name of the pottery and ceramics company whose wares are on display at the library?
(a) Wilkinson-Clark China.
(b) Anderson-Wilcox China.
(c) McCauley-Smith China.
(d) Ludite China.
15. How does Zach describe their imaginary worlds after the Queen is gone in Chapter 16?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who carries the Queen as the children make their way to the cemetery on stolen bikes in Chapter 16?
2. Where do Alice, Zach, and Poppy go to eat breakfast in Chapter 9?
3. What does Poppy announce she's found in the end of Chapter 12?
4. How is Alice's aunt's car described in Chapter 16?
5. What are the last words that Zach's father says to him on the phone in Chapter 14?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)