|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbol is described on the sail of the sailboat that Zach finds in Chapter 10?
(a) A sunfish.
(b) A lion.
(c) A heart.
(d) A diamond.
2. Who does the cashier give a free breakfast item to in Chapter 9?
(a) The Queen.
3. What material is the sailboat made of that Zach finds at the end of the dock in Chapter 10?
4. How does Zach describe their imaginary worlds after the Queen is gone in Chapter 16?
5. What are the last words that Zach's father says to him on the phone in Chapter 14?
(a) "I miss you, son."
(b) "Good luck with the quest."
(c) "I can't believe you did this."
(d) "You'll be grounded until you're twenty."
6. What store in East Liverpool has "Final Sale" signs posted everywhere?
(a) Pants Unlimited.
(b) Greenie's Candies.
(c) Winco Foods.
(d) The Purse Bazaar.
7. For how many years was Orchid Ware in production?
(a) Over 20 years.
(b) Over 10 years.
(c) Less than a year.
(d) Less than 3 years.
8. Where did Zach take swimming classes when he was younger?
(a) The Oaklawn Country Club.
(b) A private swim school.
(c) The YMCA.
(d) The Boy Scouts.
9. How is Alice's aunt's car described in Chapter 16?
(a) A silver Toyota.
(b) A black Jeep.
(c) A green beat-up Nissan.
(d) A blue Buck.
10. What does the librarian ask Zach after he talks to his father in Chapter 15?
(a) What they are trying to find.
(b) Why they broke into the library.
(c) How old he is.
(d) What they are doing so far from home.
11. Who is the ferryman from Greek mythology that is alluded to in Chapter 10?
12. What is Zach looking up at in his dream when he falls asleep in the library in Chapter 13?
(a) A zombie.
(b) The Eiffel Tower.
(c) A pyramid.
(d) A big house.
13. What secret of Zach's does Alice reveal to Poppy in Chapter 12?
(a) That Zach burned his figures.
(b) That Zach is moving to New York.
(c) That Zach has a crush on Poppy.
(d) That Zach had completed the Questions.
14. What does Zach realize is missing in Chapter 14?
(a) The Queen.
(b) His jacket.
(d) His shoes.
15. What is the name of the cemetery where Poppy claims Eleanor's grave is located?
(a) Rose Hill Cemetery.
(b) Oak Lawn Cemetery.
(c) Jackson Grove Cemetery.
(d) Spring Grove Cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are lying all around Zach in his dream when he falls asleep in the library in Chapter 13?
2. What kind of charm is on Poppy's necklace?
3. What color are the librarian's shoes described as in Chapter 15?
4. Where does Alice go first when she and the others split up in the library to look for the Queen in Chapter 15?
5. How does Poppy believe that Eleanor died after her dream in Chapter 9?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)