|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Beatrice slated to fight in Chapter Ten?
2. How many mirrors does Beatrice say there are in her family's house in Chapter One?
3. What food item does Beatrice eat for the first time at the Dauntless headquarters in Chapter Seven?
(a) Ice cream.
(c) A hamburger.
4. Why does Natalie say she has not been to see Caleb in Chapter Fifteen?
(a) Her husband won't allow her to go there.
(b) Abnegation members cannot visit the Erudite compound.
(c) She is angry with him.
(d) She's been in prison.
5. Whom does Beatrice confront about her pillow having been vandalized in Chapter Ten?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals are in the first fear simulation that Beatrice experiences in Chapter Eighteen?
2. In Chapter Fourteen, Beatrice is taunted by a fellow initiate about having a birthmark where on her body?
3. What kind of weapons are the Dauntless initiates given for the game they play in the middle of the night in Chapter Twelve?
4. What fellow Dauntless initiate is quoted in the newspaper in Chapter Nineteen?
5. The boy who does not make it onto the train along with the Dauntless initiates in Chapter Six is formerly from what faction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Beatrice and Al discuss in the dorm room in the beginning of Chapter Sixteen?
2. What quality defines those within the Candor faction? Who among Beatrice's friends is a former Candor?
3. What function does the Abnegation faction fulfill within the faction society? Why is this their duty?
4. Where does Natalie lead Beatrice within the Dauntless compound in Chapter Fifteen? Why is this significant?
5. How would you describe Beatrice's world view in the beginning of the novel? How does Beatrice perceive the Abnegation faction?
6. What does Four inform Beatrice about her performance in the simulation in Chapter Eighteen?
7. Who does Christina fight in her first round in Chapter Nine? What is the outcome of this fight?
8. How does Eric describe the rules of battle when fight training begins? Who fights the first round?
9. What leads to Beatrice's internal conflicts as the second stage of training begins in Chapter Eighteen?
10. How would you characterize Eric based on his introduction in Chapter Six? What does Eric tell the initiates about their dorm room?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)