|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what ideal is the Amity faction dedicated?
2. What objects are in the bowls to symbolize the Abnegation faction during the ceremony in Chapter Five?
(b) Gray stones.
(c) Burning coals.
3. Beatrice realizes in Chapter Twelve that being Dauntless means being willing to make things more difficult for yourself in order to become what?
4. What fellow Dauntless initiate is quoted in the newspaper in Chapter Nineteen?
5. Who has been attacked during the night in Chapter Seventeen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the principle job of the Dauntless faction within the faction society?
2. Who is Beatrice slated to fight in Chapter Ten?
3. What faction does Beatrice's brother choose during the ceremony in Chapter Five?
4. Whom does Four pick first for his team in Chapter Twelve?
5. Who invites Tris to come along as she goes to get tattooed in Chapter Nineteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Dauntless faction's function within society? How has this faction changed over time?
2. Why is the derogatory term "stiff" used to insult Beatrice in the novel? How is this term derived?
3. How is the theme of trust demonstrated in Beatrice's decision to join the Dauntless faction?
4. How is the theme of trust demonstrated through Beatrice's adventure with the Dauntless-born initiates in Chapter Seventeen?
5. What internal conflicts is Beatrice struggling with as she begins initiation into the Dauntless faction?
6. How would you describe Beatrice's world view in the beginning of the novel? How does Beatrice perceive the Abnegation faction?
7. What role does Beatrice play in the paintball game in Chapter Twelve?
8. How would you characterize Eric based on his introduction in Chapter Six? What does Eric tell the initiates about their dorm room?
9. What do the Dauntless initiates know about the initiation program as they enter into it?
10. What do Beatrice and Al discuss in the dorm room in the beginning of Chapter Sixteen?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)