|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fellow Dauntless initiate is quoted in the newspaper in Chapter Nineteen?
2. Beatrice believes that the dormitory reeks of what odor in Chapter Seventeen?
3. What tattoo does Beatrice decide to get in Chapter Eight?
(a) The Abnegation symbol.
(b) Three birds.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A snake.
4. What is the name of Beatrice's older brother?
5. What is the principle job of the Dauntless faction within the faction society?
(a) Growing food.
(b) Maintaining the library.
(c) Governing the factions.
(d) Guarding the city borders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws the knife that nicks Beatrice in Chapter Thirteen?
2. What color is the liquid tinted in the syringe that Beatrice is injected with during the fear simulation in Chapter Eighteen?
3. What floor does the elevator stop on when Beatrice, Uriah, and the other Dauntless ride it in Chapter Seventeen?
4. What faction does Beatrice's brother choose during the ceremony in Chapter Five?
5. Into how many stages is initiation into Dauntless divided?
Short Essay Questions
1. Would you describe Al as a loyal character? Why or why not?
2. What thoughts does Beatrice entertain regarding the Abnegation faction as she awaits her aptitude test in Chapter Two?
3. What do the Dauntless initiates know about the initiation program as they enter into it?
4. What does Four inform Beatrice about the simulation before it begins in Chapter Eighteen?
5. What information does Christina coerce out of Beatrice regarding her aptitude test in Chapter Sixteen?
6. What is the role of the Erudite faction within the faction society? How has the Erudite faction evolved?
7. How is the theme of trust demonstrated in Beatrice's decision to join the Dauntless faction?
8. How would you describe the relationships between the different factions in the novel? How have these relationships changed over time?
9. Where does Natalie lead Beatrice within the Dauntless compound in Chapter Fifteen? Why is this significant?
10. What foreshadowing is revealed when Natalie meets Four in Chapter Fifteen?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)