|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Margot when she goes into hiding?
2. What gift does Anne give to her father?
3. What does Anne hear in the distance after asking Mrs. Van Daan about her life before marriage?
4. What is the name of the institution helping people in hiding?
5. What does Anne do that wakes everyone in the house one night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne write about in her journal after Mr. Dussel moves into her room?
2. What happens while Anne explains to the group what she wants to be when she grows up?
3. What does Anne say about the world on the day she and her family are captured?
4. What does Anne try to do to comfort Peter just before the police show up to the apartment?
5. What does Mr. Frank do when he first enters the stage?
6. What does Peter say he wants to be when he grows up, and how does Anne respond to this?
7. What trick does Peter play on Mr. Dussel on Hannukah?
8. What happens when Mr. Frank is freed from Auschwitz?
9. What does Anne write about in her diary at the beginning of Act 2?
10. What does Anne say she wants to do with her life after the food thief is found?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Human nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
Essay Topic 2Much of this plot follows the relationship between Anne and Peter. How does this relationship change over the course of the plot, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Goodrich have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)