|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color uniform do the Gestapo wear?
2. What does Mrs. Frank ask Anne to do when Mr. Van Daan calls her rude?
3. Which side of herself does Anne wish was on the surface while she is in hiding?
4. What happens to Anne when they hear a noise down below the apartment?
5. How does Peter describe himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens a few weeks after Anne writes about rats stealing their food?
2. What does Anne say she misses most about her freedom after a year and a half of hiding?
3. Why is Mrs. Frank trying to be supportive of the visits between Anne and Peter?
4. What does Anne tell her father when they are alone after her nightmare?
5. What does Anne tell Peter is the worst part of hiding for her?
6. What does Mrs. Frank scold Anne about, and how does Anne respond to this?
7. What does Anne ask Margot before she visits with Peter, and how does Margot respond?
8. How does Mrs. Frank respond when someone is caught stealing food?
9. What happens when Mr. Frank is freed from Auschwitz?
10. What good news does Miep bring to the hiding families on the day the food thief is caught?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book, and what affect do they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was an emotion that affected a number of the characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by despair, and how does this change the course of the plot branches they are involved in?
Essay Topic 3
Human nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)