|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Anne give to her father?
2. Who leads the families in the first holiday ritual celebrated while in hiding?
3. What does Anne say she will consider the hiding house on her first day there?
4. What is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
5. Why does Mr. Van Daan threaten to put Peter's cat outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Peter and Anne take off their yellow stars?
2. What trick does Peter play on Mr. Dussel on Hannukah?
3. What does Mr. Frank say that Anne felt like in the first concentration camp?
4. What does Anne tell her father she wants to do when she gets out of hiding?
5. What prank does Anne play on Mr. Dussel just before her nightmare?
6. What does Mr. Frank say at the end of the play after reading Anne's diary?
7. What happens when Mrs. Frank tries to comfort Anne after her nightmares?
8. What does Anne try to do to comfort Peter just before the police show up to the apartment?
9. Why is Mr. Dussel so frustrated by Anne's nightmares?
10. Who divides up the remaining food after the thief has been caught, and what does Margot say about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a central theme of this play. What are the main friendships, and how does their inclusion in this play affect the outcome of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book, and what affect do they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)