|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne do with her yellow star?
2. Which of the following is NOT something that Anne is not allowed to do when the war begins?
3. How does Peter describe himself?
4. What does Anne have to wear when the war starts?
5. What do Mr. and Mrs. Van Daan argue about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with the phone in the office on the day the families are captured?
2. What does Mrs. Van Daan criticize Mr. Dussel for during the Hannukah celebration?
3. What does Anne tell her father when they are alone after her nightmare?
4. What happens when Mr. Frank is freed from Auschwitz?
5. What prank does Anne play on Mr. Dussel just before her nightmare?
6. Where is Miep and what is she doing when the Franks are captured?
7. What does Anne tell Peter is the worst part of hiding for her?
8. What does Mr. Kraler ask of the hiding family, and what is their response?
9. What does Mr. Frank say just as the police pull up to the building?
10. What does Mr. Frank say at the end of the play after reading Anne's diary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes, and how does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was an emotion that affected a number of the characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by despair, and how does this change the course of the plot branches they are involved in?
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by Goodrich. What are some of these symbols, and how does their presence affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)