Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What date does Anne start her diary?
2. Who makes the noise heard down below the apartment?
3. How old is Margot when she goes into hiding?
4. What does Mr. Frank do when he picks up the item at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Anne put in Mr. Dussel's bed as a prank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne tell her father she wants to do when she gets out of hiding?
2. What does Anne tell Peter is the worst part of hiding for her?
3. What does Mr. Frank say that Anne felt like in the first concentration camp?
4. Why does Anne say she is being so mean to the other people in the house after her nightmare?
5. What does Anne try to do to comfort Peter just before the police show up to the apartment?
6. What happens when Mr. Frank is freed from Auschwitz?
7. What is Mrs. Van Daan so worried about when we first meet her in this play?
8. Why is Mr. Dussel so frustrated by Anne's nightmares?
9. How does Mr. Dussel respond when someone is caught stealing food?
10. What does Mr. Dussel say when Mr. Van Daan complains about the rations?
Essay Topic 1
Goodrich presents the idea that there are two sides to every man. Choose three of the characters from the play and write about their dual natures and how this duality affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Goodrich have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters, and how do their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Are these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)