|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anne's father tell her never to go?
2. Where is the hiding apartment located?
3. Where do the Allies land in the first November of hiding?
4. Who leads the holiday song at the end of Act 1?
5. What is the name of the man who helps Mr. Frank during the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Van Daan criticize Mr. Dussel for during the Hannukah celebration?
2. What is Anne worried about when he shows Mr. Dussel his room, and what is his response to this?
3. What happens when the Germans come into power in Holland?
4. What does Mr. Frank say at the end of the play after reading Anne's diary?
5. What does Anne say about the world on the day she and her family are captured?
6. How does Mr. Dussel respond when someone is caught stealing food?
7. Who divides up the remaining food after the thief has been caught, and what does Margot say about this?
8. What happens when Mr. Frank is freed from Auschwitz?
9. What does Anne give to Mrs. Van Daan, and how does she make it?
10. What does Anne remember about the day she and her family went into hiding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
Essay Topic 2
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embody this theme, and how does that pursuit affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Human nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
This section contains 1,332 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)