|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Frank do after they hear a sound down below the apartment?
2. How often do Mr. Kraler and Miep promise to visit the hiding families when they first go into hiding?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Anne says she wants to do when she gets out of hiding?
4. What is the name of the girl who comes to help Mr. Frank at the beginning of the book?
5. Where is the hiding apartment located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne give to Mrs. Van Daan, and how does she make it?
2. What does Anne try to do to comfort Peter just before the police show up to the apartment?
3. What is Mrs. Van Daan so worried about when we first meet her in this play?
4. What does Anne tell Peter is the worst part of hiding for her?
5. What does Anne write about in her journal after Mr. Dussel moves into her room?
6. What does Mr. Kraler ask of the hiding family, and what is their response?
7. Why does Anne say she is being so mean to the other people in the house after her nightmare?
8. What does Mrs. Frank scold Anne about, and how does Anne respond to this?
9. Why is Mrs. Frank trying to be supportive of the visits between Anne and Peter?
10. What does everyone do after Mrs. Van Daan criticizes Mr. Dussel during the Hannukah celebration?
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters, and how do their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Are these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 3
Human nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
This section contains 1,425 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)