|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the girl who comes to help Mr. Frank at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Anne do to play a trick on Peter?
3. What does Mrs. Frank ask Anne to do when Mr. Van Daan calls her rude?
4. What color uniform do the Gestapo wear?
5. What does Peter do with his yellow star?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Frank say at the end of the play after reading Anne's diary?
2. What happens when Mrs. Frank tries to comfort Anne after her nightmares?
3. What happens when Anne gets a box from her father on their first day in hiding?
4. What good news does Miep bring to the hiding families on the day the food thief is caught?
5. What happens when Peter and Anne take off their yellow stars?
6. What does Miep show Mr. Frank before she leaves, and how does Mr. Frank respond?
7. What does Mrs. Van Daan criticize Mr. Dussel for during the Hannukah celebration?
8. What very important question does Anne ask Peter about Margot, and how does Peter respond to this?
9. What does Anne say she wants to do with her life after the food thief is found?
10. What is the setting of the last scene of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compassion and empathy are themes present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of these themes, and how does the presence of these themes affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 2
There were many characters in this book who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What are some of these instances, and how are those characters affected by the manipulation?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Kraler was a minor character in this book who made a huge impact on the plot. How does he accomplish this, and how would the plot have been altered had he not been included in the story line?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)