|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Van Daan's son?
2. What frightens Anne the most on her first night in hiding?
3. Where is the hiding apartment located?
4. What color uniform do the Gestapo wear?
5. What gift does Anne's father give her on their first day in the hiding place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Frank say to comfort Mrs. Van Daan when they meet at the hiding place?
2. Why is Mrs. Frank trying to be supportive of the visits between Anne and Peter?
3. What does Mrs. Frank say to Anne about her visits in Peter's room?
4. What happens when Mr. Frank is freed from Auschwitz?
5. What very important question does Anne ask Peter about Margot, and how does Peter respond to this?
6. Why is Mr. Dussel so frustrated by Anne's nightmares?
7. Who divides up the remaining food after the thief has been caught, and what does Margot say about this?
8. What happens when Mrs. Frank tries to comfort Anne after her nightmares?
9. What does Anne say about the world on the day she and her family are captured?
10. What does Anne tell her father she wants to do when she gets out of hiding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This play takes place during World War II. How does this historical and world changing event affect this plot and the characters in it?
Essay Topic 2
Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters, and how do their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Are these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)