|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the holiday song at the end of Act 1?
2. What does Peter do with his yellow star?
3. Who goes down to investigate the sound from down below the apartment?
4. What color uniform do the Gestapo wear?
5. What gift does Anne give to her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Van Daan give to Miep to sell, and what does he want her to buy with it?
2. Who breaks into the office below the apartment, and what could this mean for the hiding families?
3. What does Mr. Frank say just as the police pull up to the building?
4. What does Anne try to do to comfort Peter just before the police show up to the apartment?
5. Why does Mr. Frank say he is not staying in the city?
6. What good news does Miep bring to the hiding families on the day the food thief is caught?
7. What does Anne tell her father when they are alone after her nightmare?
8. What frightens Anne the most on her first night in hiding?
9. Who divides up the remaining food after the thief has been caught, and what does Margot say about this?
10. Where is Miep and what is she doing when the Franks are captured?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a central theme of this play. What are the main friendships, and how does their inclusion in this play affect the outcome of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
This play takes place during World War II. How does this historical and world changing event affect this plot and the characters in it?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
This section contains 1,306 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)