|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the hiding families plan to get rid of their trash while they are hiding?
2. What is the name of the girl who comes to help Mr. Frank at the beginning of the book?
3. What is Mrs. Van Daan most proud of about her body?
4. What color uniform do the Gestapo wear?
5. Who leads the holiday song at the end of Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne say she wants to do with her life after the food thief is found?
2. What does Mr. Frank say to comfort Mrs. Van Daan when they meet at the hiding place?
3. What good news does Miep bring to the hiding families on the day the food thief is caught?
4. What happens when Peter and Anne take off their yellow stars?
5. What line from Anne's diary touches her father the most?
6. What does Peter say he wants to be when he grows up, and how does Anne respond to this?
7. What happens while Anne explains to the group what she wants to be when she grows up?
8. What happens a few weeks after Anne writes about rats stealing their food?
9. What happens when Mr. Frank is freed from Auschwitz?
10. What is the setting of the last scene of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 2
This play takes place during World War II. How does this historical and world changing event affect this plot and the characters in it?
Essay Topic 3
Human nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)