|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color uniform do the Gestapo wear?
2. What is Mrs. Van Daan most proud of about her body?
3. What does Peter want to do when he gets out of hiding?
4. What gift does Anne give to Margot?
5. How old is Margot when she goes into hiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne tell her father she wants to do when she gets out of hiding?
2. Why does Mr. Frank move to Holland?
3. What does Anne say she wants to do with her life after the food thief is found?
4. What does Mr. Kraler ask of the hiding family, and what is their response?
5. What very important question does Anne ask Peter about Margot, and how does Peter respond to this?
6. What does Anne try to do to comfort Peter just before the police show up to the apartment?
7. Who breaks into the office below the apartment, and what could this mean for the hiding families?
8. What happens when Anne gets a box from her father on their first day in hiding?
9. What does Mr. Kraler tell the hiding families before he leaves?
10. What does Mr. Frank do when he first enters the stage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Goodrich presents the idea that there are two sides to every man. Choose three of the characters from the play and write about their dual natures and how this duality affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Kraler was a minor character in this book who made a huge impact on the plot. How does he accomplish this, and how would the plot have been altered had he not been included in the story line?
This section contains 1,379 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)