|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Anne give to Mr. Van Daan?
2. What happens to Anne when they hear a noise down below the apartment?
3. What does Peter want to do when he gets out of hiding?
4. What does Mrs. Frank ask Anne to do when Mr. Van Daan calls her rude?
5. Who does Anne say is the only person she loves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Van Daan give to Miep to sell, and what does he want her to buy with it?
2. What line from Anne's diary touches her father the most?
3. What does Mr. Dussel say when Mr. Van Daan complains about the rations?
4. What does Mr. Frank do when he first enters the stage?
5. What does Anne say about the world on the day she and her family are captured?
6. What does Mr. Kraler tell the hiding families before he leaves?
7. What does Miep show Mr. Frank before she leaves, and how does Mr. Frank respond?
8. What does Anne say she misses most about her freedom after a year and a half of hiding?
9. Why does Anne say she is being so mean to the other people in the house after her nightmare?
10. What happens when Mrs. Frank tries to comfort Anne after her nightmares?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes, and how does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
Essay Topic 2
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book, and what affect do they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
This section contains 1,405 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)