|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Van Daan's prized possession?
2. What gift does Anne's father give her on their first day in the hiding place?
3. What gift does Anne give Mr. Dussel?
4. Where does Anne's father tell her never to go?
5. What is Mr. Dussel's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Mr. Van Daan blame for his life ending up in hiding, and what are his reasons for thinking this way?
2. What does Mr. Frank say at the end of the play after reading Anne's diary?
3. What happens while Anne explains to the group what she wants to be when she grows up?
4. What prank does Anne play on Mr. Dussel just before her nightmare?
5. Why is Mrs. Frank trying to be supportive of the visits between Anne and Peter?
6. What happens when Mrs. Frank tries to comfort Anne after her nightmares?
7. What does Mr. Van Daan give to Miep to sell, and what does he want her to buy with it?
8. What does Peter say he wants to be when he grows up, and how does Anne respond to this?
9. What does Anne write about in her journal after Mr. Dussel moves into her room?
10. What happens with the phone in the office on the day the families are captured?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Much of this plot follows the relationship between Anne and Peter. How does this relationship change over the course of the plot, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Maturity is a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and it is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
Essay Topic 3
Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)