|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Van Daan ask Mr. Frank to do for Peter?
2. What does Peter want to do when he gets out of hiding?
3. Where is the hiding apartment located?
4. What does Anne think will happen if she is serious with the people she lives with?
5. What does Mr. Frank tell the girl to do with what she saved for him after the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Frank say to comfort Mrs. Van Daan when they meet at the hiding place?
2. What does Anne tell her father she wants to do when she gets out of hiding?
3. What does Anne do as the doors of the hiding place are knocked down?
4. What does Anne write about in her journal after Mr. Dussel moves into her room?
5. What does Mr. Kraler ask of the hiding family, and what is their response?
6. What does Anne ask Margot before she visits with Peter, and how does Margot respond?
7. What does Mrs. Frank say to Anne about her visits in Peter's room?
8. What does Mr. Frank say just as the police pull up to the building?
9. Who divides up the remaining food after the thief has been caught, and what does Margot say about this?
10. Why does Mr. Frank say he is not staying in the city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Goodrich presents the idea that there are two sides to every man. Choose three of the characters from the play and write about their dual natures and how this duality affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
There were many characters in this book who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What are some of these instances, and how are those characters affected by the manipulation?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)