Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What date does Anne start her diary?
2. Who makes the noise heard down below the apartment?
3. How old is Margot when she goes into hiding?
4. What does Mr. Frank do when he picks up the item at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Anne put in Mr. Dussel's bed as a prank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne tell her father she wants to do when she gets out of hiding?
2. What does Anne tell Peter is the worst part of hiding for her?
3. What does Mr. Frank say that Anne felt like in the first concentration camp?
4. Why does Anne say she is being so mean to the other people in the house after her nightmare?
5. What does Anne try to do to comfort Peter just before the police show up to the apartment?
6. What happens when Mr. Frank is freed from Auschwitz?
7. What is Mrs. Van Daan so worried about when we first meet her in this play?
8. Why is Mr. Dussel so frustrated by Anne's nightmares?
9. How does Mr. Dussel respond when someone is caught stealing food?
10. What does Mr. Dussel say when Mr. Van Daan complains about the rations?
Essay Topic 1
Maturity is a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and it is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
Essay Topic 2
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embody this theme, and how does that pursuit affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes, and how does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
This section contains 1,397 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)