|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Mrs. Van Daan her prized possession?
2. What is Margot worried will happen to her fiance?
3. What does Anne have to wear on the day they go into hiding?
4. Who first offers to stay with Anne on the night she wakes the entire house?
5. What does Anne say she will consider the hiding house on her first day there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne say about the world on the day she and her family are captured?
2. Why is Peter so worried about his cat at the beginning of Act 2, and who teases him most about this?
3. What happens when the Germans come into power in Holland?
4. Who divides up the remaining food after the thief has been caught, and what does Margot say about this?
5. Why does Mr. Frank move to Holland?
6. What does Mr. Dussel say when Mr. Van Daan complains about the rations?
7. What happens when Peter and Anne take off their yellow stars?
8. Why does Anne say she is being so mean to the other people in the house after her nightmare?
9. What does Anne write about in her diary at the beginning of Act 2?
10. What is the setting of the last scene of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book, and what affect do they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Goodrich presents the idea that there are two sides to every man. Choose three of the characters from the play and write about their dual natures and how this duality affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Despair was an emotion that affected a number of the characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by despair, and how does this change the course of the plot branches they are involved in?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)