|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Anne's father give her on their first day in the hiding place?
2. What does Anne call Miep and Mr. Kraler?
3. What is the name of the girl who comes to help Mr. Frank at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Mr. Frank say is a benefit of what is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
5. Which side of Anne does she say is on the surface while she is in hiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Anne gets a box from her father on their first day in hiding?
2. What happens when Mrs. Frank tries to comfort Anne after her nightmares?
3. Why does Anne say she is being so mean to the other people in the house after her nightmare?
4. What does Mr. Van Daan give to Miep to sell, and what does he want her to buy with it?
5. What happens to Mr. Dussel after Peter and Anne finish their conversation on New Year's?
6. What happens when Peter and Anne take off their yellow stars?
7. Why does Mr. Frank move to Holland?
8. What does Peter say he wants to be when he grows up, and how does Anne respond to this?
9. What does Mr. Kraler tell the hiding families before he leaves?
10. What does Anne write about in her journal after Mr. Dussel moves into her room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was an emotion that affected a number of the characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by despair, and how does this change the course of the plot branches they are involved in?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)