|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Allies land in the first November of hiding?
2. What is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
3. What gift does Anne give to her father?
4. What word does Anne use to describe what is happening day and night three months into the hiding?
5. Why does Mr. Van Daan threaten to put Peter's cat outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens a few weeks after Anne writes about rats stealing their food?
2. What trick does Peter play on Mr. Dussel on Hannukah?
3. How does Mr. Dussel respond when someone is caught stealing food?
4. Why is Mrs. Frank trying to be supportive of the visits between Anne and Peter?
5. What good news does Miep bring to the hiding families on the day the food thief is caught?
6. What does Anne tell her father she wants to do when she gets out of hiding?
7. What is the gift Anne makes for Margot on Hannukah?
8. What does Anne try to do to comfort Peter just before the police show up to the apartment?
9. What happens to Mr. Dussel after Peter and Anne finish their conversation on New Year's?
10. Who breaks into the office below the apartment, and what could this mean for the hiding families?
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters, and how do their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Are these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Goodrich presents the idea that there are two sides to every man. Choose three of the characters from the play and write about their dual natures and how this duality affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Much of this plot follows the relationship between Anne and Peter. How does this relationship change over the course of the plot, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 1,389 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)