|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne have to wear on the day they go into hiding?
2. Who first offers to stay with Anne on the night she wakes the entire house?
3. What does Mrs. Frank do after they hear a sound down below the apartment?
4. Why does Mr. Frank ask the Van Daans to hide with them?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Anne says she wants to do when she gets out of hiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Frank say to Anne about her visits in Peter's room?
2. What does Peter say he wants to be when he grows up, and how does Anne respond to this?
3. What do Peter and Anne say about their parents during their visits together?
4. What very important question does Anne ask Peter about Margot, and how does Peter respond to this?
5. What does Mr. Kraler tell the hiding families before he leaves?
6. What does Mr. Frank say that Anne felt like in the first concentration camp?
7. Who divides up the remaining food after the thief has been caught, and what does Margot say about this?
8. What happens a few weeks after Anne writes about rats stealing their food?
9. Why is Mr. Dussel so frustrated by Anne's nightmares?
10. What happens with the phone in the office on the day the families are captured?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
This play takes place during World War II. How does this historical and world changing event affect this plot and the characters in it?
Essay Topic 3
There were many characters in this book who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What are some of these instances, and how are those characters affected by the manipulation?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)