|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Mrs. Van Daan her prized possession?
2. Which side of herself does Anne wish was on the surface while she is in hiding?
3. What is the name of the Van Daan's son?
4. What does Peter do to play a prank on Mr. Dussel?
5. Why does Mr. Frank ask the Van Daans to hide with them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mr. Dussel so frustrated by Anne's nightmares?
2. What happens when Peter and Anne take off their yellow stars?
3. Who does Mr. Van Daan blame for his life ending up in hiding, and what are his reasons for thinking this way?
4. What does Mrs. Frank say to Anne about her visits in Peter's room?
5. What happens while Anne explains to the group what she wants to be when she grows up?
6. What does Anne say about the world on the day she and her family are captured?
7. What does Mr. Frank say that Anne felt like in the first concentration camp?
8. What is Anne worried about when he shows Mr. Dussel his room, and what is his response to this?
9. What is Mrs. Van Daan so worried about when we first meet her in this play?
10. Why does Anne say she is being so mean to the other people in the house after her nightmare?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Kraler was a minor character in this book who made a huge impact on the plot. How does he accomplish this, and how would the plot have been altered had he not been included in the story line?
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Goodrich have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embody this theme, and how does that pursuit affect the characters involved?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)