|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the hiding families plan to get rid of their trash while they are hiding?
2. What is the name of the man who helps Mr. Frank during the war?
3. What causes Anne to do what she did that woke up the entire house one night?
4. What gift does Anne give to Mr. Van Daan?
5. What does Peter want to do when he gets out of hiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne say she misses most about her freedom after a year and a half of hiding?
2. How does Mr. Dussel respond when someone is caught stealing food?
3. What does Mr. Dussel say when Mr. Van Daan complains about the rations?
4. What happens while Anne explains to the group what she wants to be when she grows up?
5. What line from Anne's diary touches her father the most?
6. What trick does Peter play on Mr. Dussel on Hannukah?
7. What does Mrs. Frank say to Anne about her visits in Peter's room?
8. What is Mrs. Van Daan so worried about when we first meet her in this play?
9. What does Anne give to Mrs. Van Daan, and how does she make it?
10. What does Anne tell her father she wants to do when she gets out of hiding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a central theme of this play. What are the main friendships, and how does their inclusion in this play affect the outcome of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Much of this plot follows the relationship between Anne and Peter. How does this relationship change over the course of the plot, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
There were many characters in this book who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What are some of these instances, and how are those characters affected by the manipulation?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)