|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Frank ask Anne to do when Mr. Van Daan calls her rude?
2. Who corrects Anne's homework while they are in hiding?
3. What does Anne pretend to be on the day Miep is late?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Anne says she wants to do when she gets out of hiding?
5. Who makes the noise heard down below the apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What line from Anne's diary touches her father the most?
2. Why is Mr. Dussel so frustrated by Anne's nightmares?
3. Where is Miep and what is she doing when the Franks are captured?
4. What do Peter and Anne say about their parents during their visits together?
5. What does Anne ask Margot before she visits with Peter, and how does Margot respond?
6. What prank does Anne play on Mr. Dussel just before her nightmare?
7. What is Anne worried about when he shows Mr. Dussel his room, and what is his response to this?
8. What does Anne try to do to comfort Peter just before the police show up to the apartment?
9. What does Mr. Frank say that Anne felt like in the first concentration camp?
10. What does Mrs. Frank say to Anne about her visits in Peter's room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was an emotion that affected a number of the characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by despair, and how does this change the course of the plot branches they are involved in?
Essay Topic 2
Much of this plot follows the relationship between Anne and Peter. How does this relationship change over the course of the plot, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
This play takes place during World War II. How does this historical and world changing event affect this plot and the characters in it?
This section contains 1,332 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)