|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Anne says she wants to do when she gets out of hiding?
2. What causes Anne to do what she did that woke up the entire house one night?
3. What is the name of the institution helping people in hiding?
4. Who first offers to stay with Anne on the night she wakes the entire house?
5. Where is the hiding apartment located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne say she misses most about her freedom after a year and a half of hiding?
2. What does Anne tell her father she wants to do when she gets out of hiding?
3. How does Mrs. Frank respond when someone is caught stealing food?
4. What does Anne write about in her diary at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What happens when Mr. Frank is freed from Auschwitz?
6. What do Peter and Anne say about their parents during their visits together?
7. What does Mr. Frank say to comfort Mrs. Van Daan when they meet at the hiding place?
8. What does Mr. Frank say just as the police pull up to the building?
9. What does Anne ask Margot before she visits with Peter, and how does Margot respond?
10. Why is Mr. Dussel so frustrated by Anne's nightmares?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Goodrich have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Goodrich presents the idea that there are two sides to every man. Choose three of the characters from the play and write about their dual natures and how this duality affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)