|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Van Daan most proud of about her body?
2. What is the name of the man who helps Mr. Frank during the war?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Anne says she wants to do when she gets out of hiding?
4. What does Anne pretend to be on the day Miep is late?
5. How old is Anne when she goes into hiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Germans come into power in Holland?
2. Why is Mrs. Frank trying to be supportive of the visits between Anne and Peter?
3. What frightens Anne the most on her first night in hiding?
4. What happens when Peter and Anne take off their yellow stars?
5. What happens while Anne explains to the group what she wants to be when she grows up?
6. Why does Anne say she is being so mean to the other people in the house after her nightmare?
7. What is Anne worried about when he shows Mr. Dussel his room, and what is his response to this?
8. What prank does Anne play on Mr. Dussel just before her nightmare?
9. What does Mr. Kraler tell the hiding families before he leaves?
10. What does Mr. Frank say to comfort Mrs. Van Daan when they meet at the hiding place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book, and what affect do they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
Essay Topic 3
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Goodrich have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)