|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Van Daan threaten to put Peter's cat outside?
2. Who first offers to stay with Anne on the night she wakes the entire house?
3. What does Mr. Frank tell the girl to do with what she saved for him after the war?
4. Where does Anne's father tell her never to go?
5. What does Peter do when he gets embarrassed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Miep and what is she doing when the Franks are captured?
2. What does Mr. Frank say just as the police pull up to the building?
3. What does Anne give to Mrs. Van Daan, and how does she make it?
4. What does Anne say about the world on the day she and her family are captured?
5. What does Mrs. Van Daan criticize Mr. Dussel for during the Hannukah celebration?
6. What happens when the Germans come into power in Holland?
7. What frightens Anne the most on her first night in hiding?
8. What does Anne tell her father she wants to do when she gets out of hiding?
9. Why is Peter so worried about his cat at the beginning of Act 2, and who teases him most about this?
10. What does Mr. Van Daan give to Miep to sell, and what does he want her to buy with it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were many characters in this book who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What are some of these instances, and how are those characters affected by the manipulation?
Essay Topic 2
Compassion and empathy are themes present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of these themes, and how does the presence of these themes affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 3
Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)