|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Frank do when he picks up the item at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Anne do that wakes everyone in the house one night?
3. What happens to Anne when they hear a noise down below the apartment?
4. How do the hiding families plan to get rid of their trash while they are hiding?
5. Who corrects Anne's homework while they are in hiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What frightens Anne the most on her first night in hiding?
2. What happens while Anne explains to the group what she wants to be when she grows up?
3. What does Anne write about in her diary at the beginning of Act 2?
4. What does Anne tell Peter is the worst part of hiding for her?
5. What does Anne do as the doors of the hiding place are knocked down?
6. What does Mr. Frank do when he first enters the stage?
7. What trick does Peter play on Mr. Dussel on Hannukah?
8. What good news does Miep bring to the hiding families on the day the food thief is caught?
9. What happens when Anne gets a box from her father on their first day in hiding?
10. What happens with the phone in the office on the day the families are captured?
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Goodrich have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Compassion and empathy are themes present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of these themes, and how does the presence of these themes affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by Goodrich. What are some of these symbols, and how does their presence affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,400 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)